Brexit and the Consequences

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 118
A lot of those people are city dwellers. When they go on the beach they don't feel comfortable without company.

But make no mistake, a lot of our beaches, in Spain, are getting to be like that.

No quite like that, of course. Brighton is Brighton!

Last edited:
This should excite the remainers. Another idiot who wishes to defy a majority vote.

http://news.sky.com/story/owen-smith-i-would-block-brexit-unless-there-is-second-vote-10549487

This is not idiotic at all but a widely considered approach and discussed in the Lords.

Identify with a little more clarity than the Brexit camp what a Brexit may look like, come up with an approach and present it to the people as part of the election manifesto.

With all the summer holidays and parliamentary recess not much has been done on Brexit at all. Still a long way to go.

One should also bear in mind it took 12 years for the UK to join from application in 1961 to 1973 and that was with 6 countries and only France (with de Gaulle) showing any reluctance to simple UK membership.

Issue is now far more complex with many legislations to be discussed and accepted into UK law before any of the horse trading about terms and what a future membership is likely to look like. Who will negotiate? What are the red lines? What's on offer? Who will do what when how where? Assuming we know why we are doing what we are doing?

Brexit! Put the horse before the cart! Let's get on with it so say IDS. No need to wait. :-0

Incredible. Speechless. Idiots you say??? :eek:

Last edited:
Why are you constantly looking for reinforcement of your pessimistic Brexit view? What is of more interest is that the most severe of the predictions made by Remainers have not happened.

The latest economic figures have been much more positive than all Remainers predicted but as I said earlier it is too early to know the long term impact although this was also positive.

Exports, housing and construction all stay strong as Britain defies Brexit pessimists

Always best to read CBI report rather than read Telegraphs the not so thinking man's paper :whistling Considering the devaluation in the pound is this any surprise.

Key findings:
http://www.cbi.org.uk/news/manufacturing-bolstered-by-exports-according-to-latest-cbi-survey/

19% of businesses reported total orders to be above normal (compared with 18% in July), and 24% said orders were below normal, giving a balance of -5%

21% of businesses reported export orders to be above normal and 27% below, resulting in a balance of -6%, the highest since August 2014 (-3%).

34% of businesses reported a rise in output volumes, and 23% a fall, giving a rounded balance of +11%, down from +16% last month, but better than expected (+6%)

Output growth is expected to remain steady over the next three months, with 30% companies expected a rise and 19% expecting a fall, leaving a balance of +11%

Average prices are expected to increase over the next quarter, with 17% companies expecting to raise prices and 8% expecting to cut prices, giving a balance of +8% - the highest since February 2015

14% of businesses reported stocks as more than adequate to meet expected demand, and 10% less than adequate, leaving a rounded balance of +4%.

I would also exercise caution on house price falls. Not happening due to excess demand and a 10% drop in the pound is only likely to attract more foreign buyers not less to house their children attending Universities here in the UK along with storing their monies outside of their domiciled countries.

I'm not pessimistic at all. More of a Tiger than an Eeyore. Just saying like :)

tumblr_njw973Yan11tx9vazo1_400.gif

This is not idiotic at all but a widely considered approach and discussed in the Lords.

Identify with a little more clarity than the Brexit camp what a Brexit may look like, come up with an approach and present it to the people as part of the election manifesto.

With all the summer holidays and parliamentary recess not much has been done on Brexit at all. Still a long way to go.

One should also bear in mind it took 12 years for the UK to join from application in 1961 to 1973 and that was with 6 countries and only France (with de Gaulle) showing any reluctance to simple UK membership.

Issue is now far more complex with many legislations to be discussed and accepted into UK law before any of the horse trading about terms and what a future membership is likely to look like. Who will negotiate? What are the red lines? What's on offer? Who will do what when how where? Assuming we know why we are doing what we are doing?

Brexit! Put the horse before the cart! Let's get on with it so say IDS. No need to wait. :-0

Incredible. Speechless. Idiots you say??? :eek:
Why would we want people against leaving the European Union to have a say in the terms of negotiations for leaving. Would you trust people to negotiate terms when those people wanted to remain. Wouldn't their intentions be in question? I certainly wouldn't trust them to negotiate knowing they would likely allow Europe to set terms in Europe's favour or to satisfy their taste for European c0ck

Why would we want people against leaving the European Union to have a say in the terms of negotiations for leaving. Would you trust people to negotiate terms when those people wanted to remain. Wouldn't their intentions be in question? I certainly wouldn't trust them to negotiate knowing they would likely allow Europe to set terms in Europe's favour or to satisfy their taste for European c0ck

Don't you think you've answered your question?

Cameron resigned precisely for that reason. What happened to the Brexit leaders?

Precisely for that same reason country needs elections with manifesto of the big important decision put forward and the winners can carry their can with them.

Parliament should be respected for her views, having voted out for her sovereignty? Be patient!

Why would you not? Does no-one trust anyone nowadays? Do civil servants who are responsible for implementing policies of a party they didn't vote for have to be sacked?

In any event, now we are going it's in the best interests of people to help get the best they can however they might have voted.

Why would you not? Does no-one trust anyone nowadays? Do civil servants who are responsible for implementing policies of a party they didn't vote for have to be sacked?

In any event, now we are going it's in the best interests of people to help get the best they can however they might have voted.
Sorry but I can't trust people who behaved as they did in the run up and continue to behave since to have the majority interest. Can you blame me with the lashing the remainers have given with some even going so far as to call for a second (best out of 2 shall we). No, don't trust them as far as I can throw them

Sorry but I can't trust people who behaved as they did in the run up and continue to behave since to have the majority interest. Can you blame me with the lashing the remainers have given with some even going so far as to call for a second (best out of 2 shall we). No, don't trust them as far as I can throw them

I don't think either side covered themselves in glory, before, during or since.

From what I am listening to, on British radio, there is still a fair amount of indecision on Brexit. Don't get me wrong, I am an observer, now, and am disinterested. You have to decide, but the longer you put off Art 50, the more difficult you will find the other members when you start negotiations.

From what I am listening to, on British radio, there is still a fair amount of indecision on Brexit.
No indecision Split', more a case of denial on the part of the remain camp. They can't accept it's simply a case of when we leave the EU rather than if we leave.

To vote remain was akin to putting two fingers up to democracy as the EU is anything and everything but democratic. To not accept the results of the referendum and to attempt to reverse the vote or get it annulled in some way is also anti-democratic. So, I will say one thing in favour of the remain camp: at least they are consistent in their thinking. Fair play to them on that front. Fingers crossed they don't succeed though because, if they do, that'll be a good few nails in the coffin of democracy in this country. And that, IMO, would be very, very bad news indeed.
Tim.

No indecision Split', more a case of denial on the part of the remain camp. They can't accept it's simply a case of when we leave the EU rather than if we leave.

To vote remain was akin to putting two fingers up to democracy as the EU is anything and everything but democratic. To not accept the results of the referendum and to attempt to reverse the vote or get it annulled in some way is also anti-democratic. So, I will say one thing in favour of the remain camp: at least they are consistent in their thinking. Fair play to them on that front. Fingers crossed they don't succeed though because, if they do, that'll be a good few nails in the coffin of democracy in this country. And that, IMO, would be very, very bad news indeed.
Tim.

With a 52%-48% vote there must be a lot of indecison in the country. I have come, after a long life, to the conclusion that democracy is a luxury that only a few can afford and, in any case, it is a political tool to enthuse the electorate as something to be voted for. A good proportion of them can't, even, be bothered to vote.

Tim.

To frame a decision on whether one should be a member of a union in this way for once and for all is short sighted to say the least.

UK says NO - 1951

UK says YES - 1961

EU says NO - to UK membership 1961

EU says YES - 1973 - UK made full member

UK says YES - 1975 Referendum

UK says ERR - 1984 Renegotiate for rebate

UK says NO - 2016 Referendum

Errrmmm, if you can expand on that consistency part, and stick it on the jokes thread be great. ;)

Hi Split',
With a 52%-48% vote there must be a lot of indecison in the country.
I don't view this as indecision. When I voted, I was very clear which box received my X and why I put it there. I don't doubt the same applies to those who voted to remain. Think of a premiership derby between Man Utd and Liverpool played at Old Trafford. 52% are the home crowd and 48% are the away supporters. Both sets of fans know exactly who they want to win - there's zero doubt or indecision in their minds about that!

I have come, after a long life, to the conclusion that democracy is a luxury that only a few can afford and, in any case, it is a political tool to enthuse the electorate as something to be voted for. A good proportion of them can't, even, be bothered to vote.
I'm not clear what you mean by "democracy is a luxury that only a few can afford", but I agree with you that it is a political tool and, at times, it's a rather blunt one. But it's the best one on offer as far as I'm aware. And you're spot on about those that can't be bothered to vote. If I was in power, I'd pass a law making it mandatory for everyone to vote (having ensured they have the means to do so) and include on all ballot papers the option to vote for 'None of the above'.
Tim.

To frame a decision on whether one should be a member of a union in this way for once and for all is short sighted to say the least.

UK says NO - 1951

UK says YES - 1961

EU says NO - to UK membership 1961

EU says YES - 1973

UK says YES - 1975 Referendum

UK says ERR - 1984 Renegotiate for rebate

UK says NO - 2016 Referendum

Errrmmm, if you can expand on that consistency part, and stick it on the jokes thread be great. ;)

we gave them a chance and it was the wrong decision hence the vote to leave

Tim.

What a load of old codswallop, Tim :). Just because your side won the vote (fairly marginally) it doesn't mean that I have to change my view that remain was the best option. Also, because I believe in democracy I, in common with the vast majority of remainers, go along with the result even though I continue to believe it's a mistake.

So far as democracy is concerned I suggest you take a further look at the constitution and working of the EU. Sounds as though you've been suckered into the falsity of EU power being in the hands of "unelected bureaucrats".