Brexit and the Consequences

Atilla

Legendary member
18,838 2,631
Poor effort, no imagination. Must try harder. 😂

Like I said earlier, We are so divided on the issue now that we are never going to agree about anything brexit related. Everyone has made their choices and sticking to them vigorously. You like the celebs and politicians who support your side yet hate and rubbish the ones that oppose it.
Not true. I've always said this government response to advisory referendum was all wrong. Many UK issues domestic. Nothing to do with EU. Government can do a great deal to curb migration and generous benefits. Don't have to take daft asylum seekers either. Don't have to go round over throwing and interfering in other countries democracies. Can invest in lessser developed regions and build on Northern power house. Invest in NHS, rail and whatever. UK is a bit of a lost puppy clinging on to yesteryears glory days. Going to fall flat on Brexiteers face.

British Universities lost their paddle, going bust. Once EU students stop coming here along with R&D investment they are going to go belly up. So to summarise; financial sector, pharmaceuticals, motor, universities, agriculture and then the military followed by Airbus industries and Galileo satellite development projects will all lose investment and wither away. I hate to say British Leyland comes to mind. Starved of good quality management and investment. Toffs will then turn on unions trying to bash wages down as prices go up all around us.

I hear the government is thinking of propping up investment with HS2. What a mess that is. No brains left in cabinet, obsessed and deluded by Brexit to spending a fortune in a panic stricken investment binge with poor returns. The mind boggles.

There are facts and then there is fiction. Time will reveal them all. Going to be a hairy ride.

EU will go from a cooperative stance to a competitive one. UK will then feel the climatic winds of change.

Yours truly,

(y)

Signalcalc

3,150 668
Not true. I've always said this government response to advisory referendum was all wrong.
Correct, they should have capitulated there and then, rather than carry on the charade of no exit Brexit, they should have handed the reigns of power to people that would have enacted the will of the people as well as sorted out the myriad problems that decades of Liblabcon pact deceit and lies, actions and inactions has left us. Time for change.

counter_violent

Legendary member
9,540 2,416
Not true. I've always said this government response to advisory referendum was all wrong. Many UK issues domestic. Nothing to do with EU. Government can do a great deal to curb migration and generous benefits. Don't have to take daft asylum seekers either. Don't have to go round over throwing and interfering in other countries democracies. Can invest in lessser developed regions and build on Northern power house. Invest in NHS, rail and whatever. UK is a bit of a lost puppy clinging on to yesteryears glory days. Going to fall flat on Brexiteers face.

British Universities lost their paddle, going bust. Once EU students stop coming here along with R&D investment they are going to go belly up. So to summarise; financial sector, pharmaceuticals, motor, universities, agriculture and then the military followed by Airbus industries and Galileo satellite development projects will all lose investment and wither away. I hate to say British Leyland comes to mind. Starved of good quality management and investment. Toffs will then turn on unions trying to bash wages down as prices go up all around us.

I hear the government is thinking of propping up investment with HS2. What a mess that is. No brains left in cabinet, obsessed and deluded by Brexit to spending a fortune in a panic stricken investment binge with poor returns. The mind boggles.

There are facts and then there is fiction. Time will reveal them all. Going to be a hairy ride.

EU will go from a cooperative stance to a competitive one. UK will then feel the climatic winds of change.

Yours truly,

(y)
WTF :LOL::ROFLMAO::oops::ROFLMAO::LOL:

This probably makes perfect sense to Att.

Some car parts cross the channel several times before the customer takes delivery.

How is this helping global warming?
How is this helping asthma sufferers?
How is this more efficient?
How is this helping to reduce carbon footprint?

The modern supply chain can mean that components can cross the Channel several times before the final product reaches the customer

Cast is made in France

Transferred to Hams Hall plant where it is crafted into shape

The pieces are sent to Munich and inserted into engine

Sent to Mini’s Oxford plant where it is installed in the car

Finished product is delivered to customers inc export market

Last edited:

timsk

Legendary member
6,954 1,816
. . .EU will go from a cooperative stance to a competitive one. UK will then feel the climatic winds of change. . .
Surely you've got this ar$e about face, At'?
;)

timsk

Legendary member
6,954 1,816
Not a EU flag to be seen.
Hi Sig',
Yes, an interesting observation as I don't doubt that many of those protesters view themselves as Europeans and a fair chunk of them will be strongly in favour of the EU. However, first and foremost they think of themselves as Spaniards, evidenced by the sea of red and yellow flags. I'm still surprised when I'm challenged on this issue of national identity as, to me, it's pretty obvious, basic stuff. I think it's strong in England and possibly stronger still in Wales and Scotland. But the fervour any of us (may) feel for our country is nothing to that felt in France, Spain and Italy. Coupled with this is a simple hierarchical structure of allegiance, commitment and support which, in broad terms, goes something like this:
1. Family
2. Friends
2. Local community
3. Region
4. Country
5. EU
The Catalan/Spanish issue is essentially about points 3 and 4 above. Brexit is about points 4 and 5 and the EU's desire to switch the two so that bureaucratic control and key decision making rests centrally with them in Brussels and not with individual countries. Madness, sheer madness!
Tim.
PS. Cue Madness video . . .

Signalcalc

3,150 668
Hmmm,

Probably some stupidity on my part somewhere. Can't see what's wrong and it was a poor jest anyway - you've not missed out:)
I laughed, it's a good one, a well constructed political jibe :LOL:(y)

OTOH, no links = no argument, links would have been more clever :giggle: