Brexit and the Consequences

Many think the process is all contrived, so that we remain. Certainly evidence says so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47533666

It's just more of the same bollox and BS.
This will get voted down again.
Then we get 2 more pointless No Deal off the table and Referendum votes before the public take matters into their own hands.
The fun really starts if we don't leave on the 29th with No Deal.

Who thinks the GBPUSD will sink upon news the deal fails?

Looks like they pumped it up yesterday to make money on the way down today :LOL:

GBPUSD.png

For any MP that doesn't want a Brexit, especially a hard Brexit, it amuses me that those same MP would want to oust her. If a vote of no confidence were to succeed, they would have 14 days to install a new MP. There's only 17 days until Brexit. Ousting the PM now seems like a surefire way to cause Hard Brexit. Oh, the irony! That would be like changing legal counsel 3/4 of the way through a legal battle. How could the new lawyer possibly be caught up to speed in time?

A vote of no confidence would create massive volatility in the GBP, sinking it affecting GO bonds and the like. A country without a leader is not a sign of stability.

I am almost hoping for this scenario as it all but guarantees a hard Brexit.

So we think MV2 will fail?
What about the vote for No Deal?

With that type of plunge into crisis, it almost guarantees the EU would take 'special steps' to postpone the process, they would hand us a 6 months minimum sentence with the option to extend further for bad behaviour.

It's unlikely to happen as parliament is likely to hand us the sentence themselves, no need for additional histrionics to those already displayed.

Looks like they pumped it up yesterday to make money on the way down today :LOL:

View attachment 260942

If the vote on the deal fails then probability May going increases with Brexit being canned by new party.

Referendum and Brexit is all about Tory in-fighting.

Nobody else wants it.

So once Tory party and Eurosceptics flushed down the chute UK can get on with national and local policies.

Pound will rise imo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47533666

It's just more of the same bollox and BS.
This will get voted down again.
Then we get 2 more pointless No Deal off the table and Referendum votes before the public take matters into their own hands.
The fun really starts if we don't leave on the 29th with No Deal.

Hee, hee, fun isn’t it :)

Our intrepid PM has stormed the enemies capital and emerged victorious waving her piece of paper declaring “peace in our time”. (Oops, no, that was someone else wasn’t it. Sorry.)er, declaring “legally binding changes”. Now she will charge parliament with “delivering Brexit as the people instructed” as a prelude to the interesting sight of the Brexiteers voting against Brexit whilst the Remainers vote for it. :D

If the vote on the deal fails then probability May going increases with Brexit being canned by new party.

Nobody else wants it.

So once Tory party and Eurosceptics flushed down the chute UK can get on with national and local policies.

Pound will rise imo.

Excuse me? What about the 17 million that voted to leave?

Right now choice facing UK is either to continue membership of the EU or become the 51st state of the US.

Excuse me? What about the 17 million that voted to leave?

Population of UK - 66.02 million (2017)

We've had this before, numpty Cameron called referendum to bash the Eurosceptics who were causing him some discomfort along with UKIP. He didn't even think it would take place.

Referendum got hijacked by power mad politicians who lied and twisted their way into the electorate minds with quite a bit of help from disreputable sources ie Cambridge Analytica.

The red bus was a great idea but doesn't really fly. Boris still claims it does.

Democracy is fluid and a week in politics is a long time.

Sooner the referendum is left behind us the better, so national and local issues can be tackled by Parliament. Nuff is enuff. (y)

Last edited:
Hee, hee, fun isn’t it :)

Our intrepid PM has stormed the enemies capital and emerged victorious waving her piece of paper declaring “peace in our time”. (Oops, no, that was someone else wasn’t it. Sorry.)er, declaring “legally binding changes”. Now she will charge parliament with “delivering Brexit as the people instructed” as a prelude to the interesting sight of the Brexiteers voting against Brexit whilst the Remainers vote for it. :D

If remainers are voting for it, you can rest assured, with an iron clad guarantee, no 3rd chances, honest gov, we've listened to your concerns, 100%, you've had a second chance, now you've blown it, Storm Gary is blowing, the migration is off course, hoist the mainsail, we will never be defeated, it takes more courage to retreat than advance, no surrender, let's do the backstop.

It won't be Brexit, wibble o_O

What time's the vote?

If you're in any doubt about the "improvements" May has brought back from last night's stage-show at Strasbourg this might help to clarify matters:
https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/the-shameful-truth-about-mays-backstop-deal/

I'm wondering if TM was ever a tyro trader but gave up through incompetence, and never progressed beyond the stage of finding herself in a duff trade where she couldn't recognise that the only thing to do was to dump it. Or perhaps she was one of Van Tharp's stereotypes who gets what she wants out of the markets - viz. failure. Either way she needs to go soonest. It's all rather reminiscent of the 1940s parliamentary Norway debate: but there again, Chamberlain was an honourable man and did the honourable thing.

On the 7.00am news they said we'll know the result in twelve hours time - so I assume it's going to be around 7.00pm tonight.

Seems to be the time for these things, thanks. I've wasted a few hours of my life watching the same before though only to discover that there will be another vote and then another..........

On the 7.00am news they said we'll know the result in twelve hours time - so I assume it's going to be around 7.00pm tonight.

Yep the vote is 7pm...normally result is known 15 mins later.
fwiw, I shorted the gbp usd about an hr ago......already showing a decent profit :LOL:

Nobody else wants it.

Pound will rise imo.

This post.......Alice in wonderland....I can't find one line that makes any sense. :rolleyes:

Watching BBC now, it's clear that the changes are unclear effectively meaning no change and no-one is going to vote for it. Forgone conclusion, get shorting the £££££££££££ :love: