Brexit and the Consequences

(y)

Because I know what I want and not a confused puppy, one party is good enough for me.

:)

I wasn't a confused puppy until I discovered that parliament no longer represents the electorate :oops:

A couple of years later, I'm back to no longer being confused about who I don't want to vote for.

When the political landscape is changing so quickly, do not conflate due diligence with confusion.

You stick to your dyed-in-the-wool political allegiances, good for you to have found a home for your vote (y)

So, the Empress is off to Strasbourg this evening with her begging bowl. I seem to remember another middle of the night jaunt before, where she came back with nothing. Why does this woman always take the role of supplicant? The ruling junta at the EU must be enjoying every moment. What has it come to when we are reduced to this?

So, the Empress is off to Strasbourg this evening with her begging bowl. I seem to remember another middle of the night jaunt before, where she came back with nothing. Why does this woman always take the role of supplicant? The ruling junta at the EU must be enjoying every moment. What has it come to when we are reduced to this?

I doubt she is begging for anything, remainers don't beg, more likely sorting out how to implement an extension at the EU's convenience.

Now come on, guys. This is our Prime Minister you’re talking about. Show a bit of respect :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Now come on, guys. This is our Prime Minister you’re talking about. Show a bit of respect :ROFLMAO::LOL:
The only thing about her that I respect is her ability to sleep at night - assuming that she does. Hopefully, we'll be shot of her before very long - what a joyous day for one and all that will be!

Who thinks these "concessions" May got from Juncker will be enough to pass the deal?

2vtj84.jpg

The only thing about her that I respect is her ability to sleep at night - assuming that she does. Hopefully, we'll be shot of her before very long - what a joyous day for one and all that will be!

For any MP that doesn't want a Brexit, especially a hard Brexit, it amuses me that those same MP would want to oust her. If a vote of no confidence were to succeed, they would have 14 days to install a new MP. There's only 17 days until Brexit. Ousting the PM now seems like a surefire way to cause Hard Brexit. Oh, the irony! That would be like changing legal counsel 3/4 of the way through a legal battle. How could the new lawyer possibly be caught up to speed in time?

A vote of no confidence would create massive volatility in the GBP, sinking it affecting GO bonds and the like. A country without a leader is not a sign of stability.

I am almost hoping for this scenario as it all but guarantees a hard Brexit.

So we think MV2 will fail?
What about the vote for No Deal?

fascinating events.......but no surprise...almost staged n'est-ce pas ?

doesnt matter what EU think about us ....we lost any remaining respect from them months ago when we bogged up the final stages of the negociations .......

I ask UK citizens to put themselves in the EU's shoes .....what would you think about a country that continually changed its mind and position regarding the simplest of processes ?......

sure the decision is contentious either way ......but the physical process was simple ......but horrendously bodged by the government, making our pain many times worse than it should have been impacting the countries economy, reputation and future prospects when negociating with others

how do you think non EU nations see us now ? ....in the same light as our previous solid and stoic selves ? ..spare me

N

Last edited:
U.K. bookmakers have marked up the probability of tonight’s bill passing through the Commons to 30% from 10% late yesterday.
Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 1.22.49 AM.png

The predominant view in Frogworld seems to be a mixture of admiration for the glory of the grand gesture and dismay at the incompetence - very much along the lines of another glorious British encounter in Crimea, a while back. General Bosquet (who saw the grand cock-up unfold) said at the time "C’est magnifique, mais ce n’est pas la guerre: c'est de la folie" * - it remains to be seen whether posterity will see fit to write poems about this particular magnificent effort.

*"It's magnificent... but this isn't war: this is madness"

This is a coming of age for Britain—the fledgling democracy. Britain hasn't lost any respect in my eyes. They are learning to do what the some colonies did some time ago: assert their independence.

Stoicism, by the way, would mean that you wouldn't care what others thought of you while you go through a difficult time. Complaining about the Brexit is the antithesis of stoicism.

May still PM by 2019-04-01: 1/25.

Who thinks the GBPUSD will sink upon news the deal fails?

Who would you like to see replace her? :unsure:

fascinating events.......but no surprise...almost staged n'est-ce pas ?

doesnt matter what EU think about us ....we lost any remaining respect from them months ago when we bogged up the final stages of the negociations .......

I ask UK citizens to put themselves in the EU's shoes .....what would you think about a country that continually changed its mind and position regarding the simplest of processes ?......

sure the decision is contentious either way ......but the physical process was simple ......but horrendously bodged by the government, making our pain many times worse than it should have been impacting the countries economy, reputation and future prospects when negociating with others

how do you think non EU nations see us now ? ....in the same light as our previous solid and stoic selves ? ..spare me

N

Many think the process is all contrived, so that we remain. Certainly evidence says so.