Brexit and the Consequences

Labour going backwards as expected. No credible leadership and policy decisions that voters do not support, ie second referendum.
LibDems , the natural party for remain, making no new ground whatsoever and languishing in the support stakes.

Perfect(y)

https://www.westmonster.com/tories-...d-brexit-party-level-in-latest-election-poll/

Tories and Labour have duffed up this country big time. Only reasonable sense and principal, has been from the LibDems imo, who have shown clear direction and leadership placing country before party politics.

I feel we will see the LIbDems take office sooner or later during my lifetime once the British people wake up to the Brexit lies. (y)

Hi At'
. . .Only reasonable sense and principal, has been from the LibDems imo, who have shown clear direction and leadership placing country before party politics.
The only possible conclusion that anyone could arrive at having read this is that you're looking for a career change: stand up comedy perhaps?

I feel we will see the LIbDems take office sooner or later during my lifetime once the British people wake up to the Brexit lies. (y)
I think you need to define what you mean by "during my lifetime". I suppose with the assistance of a firm like Alcor you might get lucky!
Tim.

Last edited:
Hi At'

The only possible conclusion that anyone could arrive at having read this is that you're looking for a career change: stand up comedy perhaps?

I think you need to define what you mean by "during my lifetime". I suppose with the assistance of a firm like Alcor you might get lucky!
Tim.

LOL thanks for looking out for me Tim, but no need for that larky.

I have a time machine to see me there...

1552220027309.png

(y):love:(y)

Public swinging behind No Deal. Took them a while but was inevitable given the EU's intransigence.

https://www.westmonster.com/no-deal-support-rising-and-public-want-brexit-sorted-poll-finds1/

and also here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...exit-backed-public-poll-finds-growing-number/

Less than 1/3 of respondents didn't want no-deal and almost half want it. I still haven't heard any decent arguments for staying in the EU.

Any takers?

The real laughable part is that Labour is spending so much energy trying to kill May's deal just to spite the Tories, thinking they have more than a snowball's chance in hell of getting a 2nd referendum and no Brexit. They are actually helping May crash out of the bloc by being just as intransigent as the EU. If the deal doesn't pass, which is likely and even if they vote down no deal, they'll have to vote on an extension. The Extension seems just as unlikely. If Labour won't support a deal, why should the Tories give Labour anything (extension)? Unanimous EU vote is required for an extension. France won't ratify unless England already has a deal. That's a bit of catch-22. LOL. They need the extension for a deal.

And thus, they crash out of the bloc anyway.

Last edited:
Interesting to hear an American view.

As far as I'm concerned, May's "Deal" is not Brexit but a shabby Establishment stitch-up to keep us effectively in or at least, facilitate re-entry on (almost certainly) worse terms at a later date. May has exposed herself for what she is: a Remainer, untrustworthy, duplicitous and way, way out of her depth. The default legal position (currently) is we leave on 29th March and unless the undemocratic forces get their way, that's what will happen. The biggest danger is that the EU will toss a morsel of compensation into the Backstop enough to make sufficient of our many useful-idiot MPs cave in. Thus surrendering our money, principles, sovereignty and rights to the United States of EU. It would also bring about the end of the Conservative party– though on present form I don't think that would be any great loss to humanity. Hopefully, the so-called "Hard-line ERG" will stick out for what is right: not the propagandised "hard-line" position but just what the electorate voted for – to leave.

This coming week should be interesting– She's going to ask Parliament the same question again, and funny thing: it looks like she's going to get the same answer. Wasn't it Einstein who said that to do the same thing repetitively and expect a different result is one definition of madness? She will no doubt try to introduce further delay and obfuscation but it's now getting beyond a joke and we've had enough. She's gradually taken us stage by stage through: Leaving, leaving with a deal, leaving with NoDeal better than a bad deal, leaving with her deal better than no deal, and finally ending up with a thoroughly bad deal (her deal – which ain't leaving!). We don't need a deal – that was just one of her diversionary tactics – we just need to leave. Just about no-one is satisfied – and that's the only bit of unity she's ever created! Who would have ever thought that it would take as long as 3 years to achieve so little?

Last edited:
Don't misunderstand 0007. I agree with you about May and the Deal. You have laid out the case for the change blindness that has ensued during the three years and even during these few short months of negotiations wherein May slowly mutates the Brexit into a Bremain campaign as you say.

People keep complaining that the results were tainted. That's an excuse used by politicians when they didn't get what they wanted.
Democrats are complaining that Hillary actually won the popular vote. It's a nonsensical argument. I don't care how bad Trump is or how much Hillary may have been the better choice. The US presidential election is based upon the electoral college, not the popular vote. Complaining about the popular vote in the US election, is like somebody complaining they should have won the beauty pageant because they're the smartest.

Full circle - Britain voted leave; doesn't matter why. The democratic process should be respected.

Very true, MPs need to think very carefully about what the voters are going to do at the next elections, EU, General, Local. They don't care though , they're not bothered about democracy, only about remaining at the end of this month.

This will be a Thatcher moment, how many people are already turned off Tories and Labour and will shift their votes to other parties (no I don't mean to the crappy non-entity Libdems either).

Very true, MPs need to think very carefully about what the voters are going to do at the next elections, EU, General, Local. They don't care though , they're not bothered about democracy, only about remaining at the end of this month.

This will be a Thatcher moment, how many people are already turned off Tories and Labour and will shift their votes to other parties (no I don't mean to the crappy non-entity Libdems either).

Instead of telling us what you don't mean, have you considered stating which parties you do mean? :ROFLMAO:

Cart before the horse syndrome. Let's think about this for one short second. :unsure:

:love:

Instead of telling us what you don't mean, have you considered stating which parties you do mean? :ROFLMAO:

Cart before the horse syndrome. Let's think about this for one short second. :unsure:

Regrettably, there's a problem with the horses. There don't seem to be any runners at the moment!

Last edited:

Plenty of carts and plenty of horses, there are around 350 political parties in the UK to choose from, even Wikipedia doesn't list them all (and there are plenty to choose from even in their abbreviated list)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_Kingdom

At least I have ruled out three of them, unlike yourself o_O