Brexit and the Consequences

You obviously haven't listened to a word he said have you?

I have but his a columnist. That's his business to stir people up. Why would I want to listen to dribble that doesn't go anywhere?

I did listen by the way but felt total disagreement. It was three people speaking all at the same time. Not exactly reasonable debate.

There you are telling me all I'm doing is trying to find ways to discredit him. His doing a good job on his own having read some of his past points his expressed his opinions on.

Doesn't the same not apply to you?

Anna Soubry is NO snowflake what ever that means. She hasn't melted away or gone away has she? Those threats are made to shut her up. Quieten her down.

LOL. You carry on as you were...

. . .Jerry Clarkson and Paxman for PM and deputy.
That's about as bizarre a combo as they come, Pat!

Prior to Tuesday's big vote, there are a bunch of amendments that John Bercow (Speaker of the House of Commons) can select at his discretion and put before the house to be voted upon. The most worrying of these (from a Breexiteer's standpoint) is the one tabled by Hilary Benn which says:
"The amendment rejects both the Government’s deal, as well as a no deal exit from the EU. It also asks the Government to bring forward ‘without delay’ the debate needed under the EU Withdrawal Act once Parliament votes down the deal."
Assuming Bercow selects this one (highly likely) and assuming the amendment is carried (also highly likely) then, as I understand it, a 'no deal' Brexit will be ruled out and the only options available to Parliament will be to back Mrs. May's deal - or a variation thereof - or to revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.

Hitherto, I've not been in favour of using inflammatory language - i.e. words like 'treason' and 'traitor' etc., to describe remain MPs. However, if by next Wednesday my fears are confirmed and it's apparent there's no prospect of the Brexit that I and everyone else voted for taking place - then the tone of my language could take a nose dive!
:mad:
Tim.

When Brexiteers talk about taking back control from the EU, who are they proposing to hand that control over to?

Parliament is Sovereign.

Parliament's authority. Parliamentary sovereignty is a principle of the UK constitution. It makes Parliament the supreme legal authority in the UK, which can create or end any law. Generally, the courts cannot overrule its legislation and no Parliament can pass laws that future Parliaments cannot change.

When Brexiteers talk about taking back control from the EU, who are they proposing to hand that control over to?

Parliament is Sovereign.

Parliament's authority. Parliamentary sovereignty is a principle of the UK constitution. It makes Parliament the supreme legal authority in the UK, which can create or end any law. Generally, the courts cannot overrule its legislation and no Parliament can pass laws that future Parliaments cannot change.

"Parliament is sovereign" – And it's also a great shame that it's looking more and more like they are just representing their own interests rather than the People's decision. It's like going back to the old days of Rotten Boroughs. And they wonder why people have no faith in politicians :rolleyes:

I'm I the only one getting deja vu ? This is like a question from 6 months prior to the referendum o_O Are you trying to ask a different question here?

Surely the people are sovereign, not Parliament.
If the current PM is stupid enough to allow a referendum then that is what should happen.
Personally I think we could do with some strong leadership and not the gaggle of squorking chicken as at present.
What would Winston have done ?

If the current PM is stupid enough to allow a referendum then that is what should happen.
Personally I think we could do with some strong leadership and not the gaggle of squorking chicken as at present.
Winston was quite good at flip-flopping and changing his mind!

No, Parliament is sovereign. And what a right old shambles they are making of the responsibility so far :eek:

No, Parliament is sovereign. And what a right old shambles they are making of the responsibility so far :eek:

Like i've been saying all along. They have spent 4 decades abdicating decision making and responsibility to the EU and I expect it will take another 4 decades before we have a fully functioning parliament, where they understand that they are in charge and they have to make meaningful decisions.

What a complete shower!

It's not Parliament that's at fault, the EU or our Judicial system.

Problem is with the body that is leading Parliament. Ultimately TM aka the Tories.

This whole fiasco is all about the Tories and Eurosceptics who have been like a thorn on each others side, since day one post-referendum 1975. Now most importantly it is about maintaining power stopping UKIP. Always need to go to the beginning to identify why we do what we do? Average Brit had no issue with Europe. Migration numbers and refugees yes but EU no nada, zilch. Only Eurosceptics were a pain, being a thorn on side of many people doing good work, keeping public and citizen of European Union good and happy.

Gives a whole new meaning to the concept of moaning.

Wouldn't mind if they did anything useful. Each and everytime they run services down for Labour to come in and address balance by spending and taxing peeps to get a reasonable balance.

I loathe privatisation and what it has done to the country. I hate changing utility supplier every year. What loada nonsense that has been. Our roaming call charges only recently come into line with EU. Now once we leave it'll all go up again.

Last edited:
It's not Parliament that's at fault, the EU or our Judicial system.

Problem is with the body that is leading Parliament. Ultimately TM aka the Tories.

This whole fiasco is all about the Tories and Eurosceptics who have been a thorn on their sides of each other since day one post-referendum 1975. Now most importantly it is about maintaining power stopping UKIP. Always need to go to the beginning to identify why we do what we do? Average Brit had no issue with Europe. Migration numbers and refugees yes but EU no nada, zilch. Only Eurosceptics were a pain, being a thorn on side of many people doing good work, keeping public and citizen of European Union good and happy.

Gives a whole new meaning to the concept of moaning.

Wouldn't mind if they did anything useful. Each and everytime they run services down for Labour to come in and address balance by spending and taxing peeps to get a reasonable balance.

I loathe privatisation and what it has done to the country. I hate changing utility supplier every year. What loada nonsense that has been. Our roaming call charges only recently come into line with EU. Now once we leave it'll all go up again.

What a load of B******s

SC matey, sort your snowflake sidekick out. His not responding well to his parties shenanigans is he ;)

SC matey, sort your snowflake sidekick out. His not responding well to his parties shenanigans is he ;)

Doesn't matter how long we have to wait, we will be getting a No Deal proper Brexit and Europe will go in the same direction. You king Canute followers will clearly have to learn the hard way. :whistle:

I don't support Tories or Labour, would rather the system was changed to allow real people to be voted in to lead the country the way the majority want it led.

Doesn't matter how long we have to wait, we will be getting a No Deal proper Brexit and Europe will go in the same direction. You king Canute followers will clearly have to learn the hard way. :whistle:

Agree, none of this is going to go away just because we don't get a Brexit, it will go on until we are really out out :D

I feel it will take the majority voters to do this though, it's not going to happen under the present 2-party system. OTOH the EU may surprise us and fail quicker than anyone is currently expecting, that would force quite alot of decisions to be made rather quickly.

Hey Mikey,

I agree with his analysis and come March April a host of events will be unfolding in the EU besides Brexit.

The time table is going to be incredibly busy. The big Euro short is definitely on.

However, it is nothing the EU can not resolve. I suspect around same time US and China will be feeling the pinch too if they don't sort out their disagreements.

So yes come easter and summer time I feel we'll be seeing some more pull backs. Funds already selling stocks and some expecting another 10-20% drop. If not this year then defo 2020.

Anyhow, that's just the ups and downs of the market forces. EU will be around long time after rest easy (y)