Brexit and the Consequences

Trump 'bashes' UK’s May after she calls to congratulate him on midterm results

5b48fad8dda4c809138b4603.jpg

Donald Trump’s turbulent European visit started with an “acrimonious” conversation with British Prime Minister Theresa May, who called to celebrate the Republican wins in the midterm elections, a Washington Post report claims.
The conversation, which was never officially reported by either side, came on Friday as Trump was travelling to Paris aboard Air Force One, the newspaper claims citing anonymous sources. Trump, who was allegedly in a foul mood, berated May over Britain not doing enough to support his anti-Iranian agenda, questioned her handling of Brexit negotiations and recounted his grievances about what he sees as unfair trade relations between the US and European nations.

From reports I've read he doesn't appear to have said anything unreasonable. He's probably as fed up with Theresa as I am.

From reports I've read he doesn't appear to have said anything unreasonable. He's probably as fed up with Theresa as I am.

As are we all. I hope I never am forced again to vote for this inept politician promoted past her ability. She has done everything possible to undermine her own position with the electorate and has failed to maintain unity and discipline within her own cabinet let alone the parliamentary party. Even if she emerges a heroine clutching a golden parachute deal for leaving the EU, she has failed to convince anyone she was a capable premier behind important negotiations.

On the plus side she has spoken out on some moral issues but nobody gets much credit for being against ethnic cleansing and against medical negligence and against political repression - its what you do about these things that counts.

If past experience is any guide, she's not likely to do anything decisive.

As are we all. I hope I never am forced again to vote for this inept politician promoted past her ability. She has done everything possible to undermine her own position with the electorate and has failed to maintain unity and discipline within her own cabinet let alone the parliamentary party. Even if she emerges a heroine clutching a golden parachute deal for leaving the EU, she has failed to convince anyone she was a capable premier behind important negotiations.

On the plus side she has spoken out on some moral issues but nobody gets much credit for being against ethnic cleansing and against medical negligence and against political repression - its what you do about these things that counts.

Agree with the above. But talk is cheap isn't it – especially where politicians are concerned.

Last edited:

I doubt anyone forced you Tom.

Aren't you trying to deflect blame here. Tut tut tut. :cheesy:

I voted for Maggie once. Biggest regret of my life. :cry::cry::cry:

Without the USA, we wouldn't be talking on this forum, if we would even exist, most of our parents and/or grandparents probably would have been exterminated by now, there would be no EU, a 3rd Reich possibly, what a different world that would be :-0

Without the USA, there would be no Western civilisation, no [relative] freedom. Regardless of who the president currently is (and this one isn't as bad as most of the previous), the EU needs the USA as a superpower friend as much as they need the Russians and Chinese as superpower friends.

For all of Macron's and Merkel's posturing about an EU Army (the UK have been very quiet on the subject), NATO is still the main force in Europe and is currently engaged in poking the bear, but the bear isn't reacting.

NATO wouldn't be able to to poke the bear without EU/UK and US cooperation, so despite the media's reporting about Trump and NATO, it ain't the truth! All he said anyway was pay more to make it fairer, so I'm guessing they have paid up and are now engaged in troop movements to the EU's Eastern borders to provoke the bear into some kind of reaction.

Att you need to make your mind up - on the one hand you support an EU military (which is essentially warmongering) and yet denounce the US and Saudi (which includes UK/France/Germany/EU and various others) for warmongering! Remove your/our confusion and state what you would like to see?

The UK has already subordinated it's command and control to the EU, a process that has been going on for decades, sneaky, Brexit is not Brexit (whatever non-Brexit form that takes) whilst our military is subordinate to the EU.

I suspect that May has so much difficulty reaching a deal over Brexit because of the military position, everything else is fluff and bluff.

Ahhh plleeaeaaaaaaasssssssseeee Without the US we would have prevailed just as well. Simply that war would have taken longer. However, we paid yanks off with some of the best most lucrative colonies and it meant they took over the ME. We kicked Turk's a55 only to hand it over to the yanks. Lawrence must be turning in his grave now. US didn't help the UK for free you know.

I think French like to big them selves up but hoping the Germans will keep'm in check re: their military aspirations.

Tables have turned have they not?

I doubt anyone forced you Tom.

Aren't you trying to deflect blame here. Tut tut tut. :cheesy:

I voted for Maggie once. Biggest regret of my life. :cry::cry::cry:

Well it was either her or a f-in' Marxist. Anyway, she hadn't done so bad up to the point she decided to call an unnecessary election. This immediately said no balls.

Ahhh plleeaeaaaaaaasssssssseeee Without the US we would have prevailed just as well. Simply that war would have taken longer. However, we paid yanks off with some of the best most lucrative colonies and it meant they took over the ME. We kicked Turk's a55 only to hand it over to the yanks. Lawrence must be turning in his grave now. US didn't help the UK for free you know.

I think French like to big them selves up but hoping the Germans will keep'm in check re: their military aspirations.

Tables have turned have they not?

Mmmmmmmmmmmm! Sorry, mate, I don't agree with you on that point. I'm patriotic,enough, to think that we would have won, but I think that our friend Stalin would have been all over Europe at the end of it and, even if we could have held him off, we would have been bankrupt and, probably, still on rations.

No, I think it's better to leave that alone. We can't sort Brexit out, as it is!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm! Sorry, mate, I don't agree with you on that point. I'm patriotic,enough, to think that we would have won, but I think that our friend Stalin would have been all over Europe at the end of it and, even if we could have held him off, we would have been bankrupt and, probably, still on rations.

No, I think it's better to leave that alone. We can't sort Brexit out, as it is!

Well he did pretty much get what he wanted and that's how USSR came to be. He was amply rewarded.

If he wanted more do you really think Russia or anyone else would have been able to hold on to their gains?

If US didn't join the war, would have lasted longer with more deaths on all sides. It would simply have taken longer for Russia and the UK to wear down Germany that's all. Borders remain much the same over so many 100s of years of war in Europe.

Hypothetical talk isn't going to get us anywhere. I know you are fond of Mr USA split but the old US of A is no longer with us. It is not so much a confident power anymore but more an obese vulnerable child that needs constant feeding for more of global resources. (y)

Of course, how could I have forgotten about Stalin! I just assumed Hitler won :LOL:

Same logic applies, our forefathers would have been wiped out by communism instead.

Well he did pretty much get what he wanted and that's how USSR came to be. He was amply rewarded.

If he wanted more do you really think Russia or anyone else would have been able to hold on to their gains?

If US didn't join the war, would have lasted longer with more deaths on all sides. It would simply have taken longer for Russia and the UK to wear down Germany that's all. Borders remain much the same over so many 100s of years of war in Europe.

Hypothetical talk isn't going to get us anywhere. I know you are fond of Mr USA split but the old US of A is no longer with us. It is not so much a confident power anymore but more an obese vulnerable child that needs constant feeding for more of global resources. (y)

So we are stuck between a rock and a hard place: the corporatist US or the undemocratic corporatist EU, or even our own worse enemy, the deceitful corporatist UK !!

That is very thoughtful of you dear SuperMini but I would gratefully decline such a gift as I can clearly tell that is an auction for one numpty to lose his lolly.

However, the idea is very touching, thank you so much :) :love::love::love:

I've defo added you back on to my xmas card list; Brexit or no Brexit... (y)

Don't you think the what-ifs arising from differing outcomes to WWII deserve a whole separate thread? What with the chilly short days coming on an' all.........

Do you reckon that was really Theresa May who came out of No.10 tonight?

Why, did we miss something? :rolleyes:

She's changed and looks much younger with the weight of Brexit off her shoulders or
She's changed and looks much older than before? :whistling

She's a lamb ready for slaughter or she's
Sharpened her teeth on her cabinet and is ready for some blood letting in Parliament?

I think she's doing well. Davis and Boris gone and Govey eating out her hand.

Just Moggy boy left and his gone real quiet. Wet pants he is. Always sniping from the sides. Hardly PM material. Never liked the idiot. Should stick to what he knows avoiding paying his due taxes.