Brexit and the Consequences

Well Putin has given a thumbs up to Macaron's EU army suggestion and there is talk it can replace the outdated NATO institution which Trumpie dude thinks is not worth much, just another very bad deal he can do better without.

In fact Russia's role also quite prominent in the EU based on history as we all know and EU is indeed a most fantastic and fabulous peaceful conception that has come out of the two WWars.

EU will progress forward linking up Russia and the far East and with Trump and Brexit sadly if it does continue we will find our selves in a very bad position aligning our selves with Trumpism which is already in decline.

We will also miss out on great and new fantastic technological revolutions coming our way which ultimately require global cooperation to reap the fruits of inventions.

Sadly, Brexiteers lack global vision and strategy other than rhetoric which we can increasingly see, found to be wanting with no credible plans other than political interest and ambitions of a few short sighted politicians who can only see things looking down their snotty noses.

I think Trump is no better demonstration of where Brexiteers will take the UK.

Guy is all me me me. Who thinks America is great standing behind Trump. Absolute shameful disgrace of a man.

Who really thinks UK will be Greater than what it is today after Brexit?

To hark on about the two World Wars or UK position before then simply demonstrates folly of Brexiteers visions imho. :rolleyes:

Spoken like a true globalist [emoji90]

https://lawyersforbritain.org/legal-advice-to-the-cabinet-on-the-northern-irish-backstop

(They are of course Brexiteers, so avert your gaze if you are of a delicate disposition!)

Part of the conclusion reads. :)

The final piece of advice I give to the Cabinet is advice which I have given to clients on occasion, who are seemingly intent on some ill-judged course of action. The decision on what to do is up to you, and as your legal adviser I can only point out the legal disadvantages and risks to you as you take your decision. But my own view is that I think you are mad, simply mad, if you pursue this course.

Part of the conclusion reads. :)

The final piece of advice I give to the Cabinet is advice which I have given to clients on occasion, who are seemingly intent on some ill-judged course of action. The decision on what to do is up to you, and as your legal adviser I can only point out the legal disadvantages and risks to you as you take your decision. But my own view is that I think you are mad, simply mad, if you pursue this course.

And just to be clear: that is a reference to the current Backstop plan that our glorious leader is pursuing.

Yes. Attended Nov 11th commemorations regularly in Europe for a number of years at cemeteries full of boys required to do men's work. Dreadful.

I have not been to one, but there was a documentary film on tv, yesterday, which included some horrible facial injuries. One soldier, making life as cheerful as possible, I suppose, had a big hole where his left cheek used to be. No plastic surgery in those days could ever repair them. What a way to spend the rest of one's life.

No-one can predict with any certainty what will happen to sterling as we approach Brexit, and it’s important to remember that there are several different factors as well as our departure from the EU which affect its value.

These include inflation or the costs of living, which fell to 2.4% in April, as measured by the Consumer Prices Index measure of inflation. Falling inflation eases pressure on the Bank of England to raise interest rates. When interest rates are low, this often has the effect of deterring foreign investors as their money will earn less interest, reducing the pound’s relative value.

Although sterling is currently weak, the more clarity there is over Brexit, the more likely some commentators believe it is that we will see the pound rise in value in coming months. However, many potential hurdles in Brexit negotiations lie ahead, and it’s impossible to predict exactly how sterling will react. It therefore makes sense for anyone considering making foreign currency transfers in the run up to, and after, Brexit to ensure they are prepared for sterling volatility.

What causes or drives inflation? That's a question to ask. If pound strenghtens inflation will drop. BUT if the pound falls, because UK has a higher Marginal Propensity to Import foodstuff, inflation will rise.

Similarly, oil and fuel is priced in dollars. Thus, fall in the value of teh pound will cause inflationary pressures thus forcing BoE to raise rates to maintain the value of the pound.

That is called importing inflation due to weak currency.

Weak currency should make exports cheaper and raise production but there are time lags for the effect to feed into real economy.

When you look at inflation you really need to look at what is driving it. Whether it is excess demand or supply side shortages.

In a nutshell market doesn't value UK's trading position post hard Brexit and that's why it gets sold touching 1.20 against dollar when ever hard Brexit looks more likely.

Moreover, if Brexit does turn out to be a nightmare, foreign investors will not only shift hot capital flows but also tangible investments such as motor production facilities and sale of properties thus leading to an outflow of capital to other countries impacting sterling further.

It's all about Brexit adn not much else. (y)

Yes - just wondering how she will dress up BRINO to look like Brexit. Will they all (cabinet) succumb? Hope I'm wrong on this.

It clearly must be a pile of crap otherwise No 10 would not be calling in ministers one by one tonight in order to put their arms up their backs.

Out and out divide and conquer tactics.....we see it all the time in business when they want to divide the workers.

Who here has visited any war cemetery's in Europe?

A sobering experience, they were just kids.

ive been to a few of the concentration camps in europe ....including auschwitz

jesus.....what a place .....i will never ever forget it.....nature has deserted the surrounding area .....no wildlife at all.....you are taken around and then shown a film that is full on.....no apologies made for it.....it shows what happened .....somme people have to leave the room......but it imprints the horror of war on visitors and ensure we never let it happen again .....

N

Whilst Brexiteers create chaos, with the UK losing control, Merkel and Germany is favourable to the establishment of an EU army.

Much like back in the 1950s after Churchill turned his nose up the European Union idea, Brexiteers will we re-writing history when we end up begging the French to let us join their army again.

Who could have guessed? Shock horror. :eek:

Take back control indeed and hand it over to the animal farm. Farage for PM! Gotto be the joke of the century. :whistling

Whilst Brexiteers create chaos, with the UK losing control, Merkel and Germany is favourable to the establishment of an EU army.

Much like back in the 1950s after Churchill turned his nose up the European Union idea, Brexiteers will we re-writing history when we end up begging the French to let us join their army again.

Who could have guessed? Shock horror. :eek:

Take back control indeed and hand it over to the animal farm. Farage for PM! Gotto be the joke of the century. :whistling

As far as I'm aware many military people this side of the channel going westwards regard EU armies as a bit of a joke – they never distinguished themselves in NATO – why would an independent EU army be any different? (Could it be Macron's project to big himself up?) Oh! and by the way, you normally need an air force and navy to go with it for best results.

As far as I'm aware many military people this side of the channel going westwards regard EU armies as a bit of a joke – they never distinguished themselves in NATO – why would an independent EU army be any different? (Could it be Macron's project to big himself up?) Oh! and by the way, you normally need an air force and navy to go with it for best results.

I rather have EU covering my back then that Trumpie fella?

Trump has urinated all over NATO. Same to you, when or where has NATO ever distinguished it self other than defending Trumpland. :whistling

I rather have EU covering my back then that Trumpie fella?

Trump has urinated all over NATO. Same to you, when or where has NATO ever distinguished it self other than defending Trumpland. :whistling

Brought down the Berlin Wall didn't it? And kept Europe/EU safe since WW2

Brought down the Berlin Wall didn't it? And kept Europe/EU safe since WW2

Rubbish!

Germany, EU and Russia came together.

EU is birthchild of two WWs.

US obsessed with global power if it's not the Russians, it's the Chinese.

Saudies finance terror all over the world to keep spending on defence. Blow up a few bombs and how they need to defend our freedoms? Really?

After fall of communism it's now terrorism. Saudies biggest fecking terrorist state in the world financing all sorts of sh!t and US best pal along with UK and France. Why do you think that is?

More peeps die of obesity than terrorism. Go figure. In fact more peeps die of mass shootings than terrorism.

Remember Russia sacrificed just as much to stop nazis if not more. Millions killed or starved to death.

Delusional you are (y)

Newsnight was interesting tonight. All politicians of differing stand points digging their heels in. If anyone thinks politicians and parliament can sort this fiasco out then they must be delusional.

I think it might be time to get on with the revolution.(y)

Rubbish!

Saudies finance terror all over the world to keep spending on defence. Blow up a few bombs and how they need to defend our freedoms? Really?

After fall of communism it's now terrorism. Saudies biggest fecking terrorist state in the world financing all sorts of sh!t and US best pal along with UK and France. Why do you think that is?

More peeps die of obesity than terrorism. Go figure. In fact more peeps die of mass shootings than terrorism.

Remember Russia sacrificed just as much to stop nazis if not more. Millions killed or starved to death.

Delusional you are (y)

Dude, you need to stop ranting. Everybody else can't be wrong, so it must be you.:)

Rubbish!

Delusional you are (y)

What a mixed up puppy you are, you sound like one of those fake news Guardian readers [emoji12]

Have a listen: https://21stcenturywire.com/2018/11...e-poppies-with-guests-alex-krainer-beady-man/

I want to hear what Trump thinks about this surrender proposal. I'm sure he will have plenty to say about it.