Brexit and the Consequences

Well, you had a Brexit guy in charge who came up with absolutely bugger-all, even to the extent of not even anything to actually get the thing moving. No surprise TM had to step in which gave him the excuse to retreat to the sidelines and snipe from there.

No doubt that TM is second rate but she has a near impossible task to avoid the hard no deal (which I know you would welcome, but most would’nt) let alone secure anything that even half-way matches the fanciful Brexit rhetoric.

According to Davis, he was never in charge of the process and May along with Robbins were dictating policy. So it's like the Brexiteers have been saying all along......establishment stitch up so that Brexit doesn't really happen.

Anyway, it will happen, by hook or crook, a proper Brexit.

PS. What exactly is wrong with a Canada style arrangement as opposed to this dogs dinner that May proposed?

According to Davis, he was never in charge of the process and May along with Robbins were dictating policy. So it's like the Brexiteers have been saying all along......establishment stitch up so that Brexit doesn't really happen.

Anyway, it will happen, by hook or crook, a proper Brexit.

PS. What exactly is wrong with a Canada style arrangement as opposed to this dogs dinner that May proposed?

As his famous namesake might say “he would say that, wouldn’t he”.

No doubt that TM is second rate but she has a near impossible task to avoid the hard no deal (which I know you would welcome, but most would’nt) let alone secure anything that even half-way matches the fanciful Brexit rhetoric.

I think you'll find the majority of Brexiteers would welcome a hard Brexit, and the majority that won the referendum were Brexiteers, strange that.:rolleyes:

I think you'll find the majority of Brexiteers would welcome a hard Brexit, and the majority that won the referendum were Brexiteers, strange that.:rolleyes:

Maybe, but i’ve got lots of Brexit friends and only a few want the hard option. Pretty small sample, I know, but i’ve not seen otherwise. Have you?

Maybe, but i’ve got lots of Brexit friends and only a few want the hard option. Pretty small sample, I know, but i’ve not seen otherwise. Have you?

The majority would be very happy with a trade deal and nothing more.
The next best option is no deal.
The next best is Mays Chequers option.
And finally, we could cancel the whole thing and carry on towards federalism.

So why is it that the UK establishment can't let go of this idea that they know best?

http://www.theweek.co.uk/97095/david-davis-lined-up-as-interim-prime-minister

Entirely possible given that 44 letters are already in.

My comment from BBC HYS yesterday.

18 Oct 2018 10:38

May is an embarrassment to the UK. Backbenchers send the letters in and get shot of her. We need a Brexit PM now.

Number of positive ratings for comment 1370

Number of negative ratings for comment 762

Four more and they might be able to install a Brexiteer, I’m not full of hope though.

Four more and they might be able to install a Brexiteer, I’m not full of hope though.

Lots of anger among back benchers, but I suspect they will need some ministers on board with a carefully crafted exit plan.

To be a fly on the wall in that place eh. :LOL:

The majority would be very happy with a trade deal and nothing more.
The next best option is no deal.
The next best is Mays Chequers option.
And finally, we could cancel the whole thing and carry on towards federalism.

So why is it that the UK establishment can't let go of this idea that they know best?

So just who is this “establishment” then? Do you mean those who are charged with the leadership of the country or those who think they should be or what. So far as leadership is concerned this will probably go down in the annals as the most dire and ineffective leadership that we have ever suffered. Any half decent government sets its course and expects and ensures that the crew pull together. You certainly don’t tolerate a mutinous crew. There’s never going to be a deal that is not a compromise and it’s the leaderships job to find the most acceptable one balanced against the risks involved.

We might have been in the EU frying pan but I wouldn’t trust any of them to keep us out of the fire.

We've taken back control!

This is what our future will look like in the hands of Brexiteers.

Jolly good show, carry on as you were :whistling

So just who is this “establishment” then? Do you mean those who are charged with the leadership of the country or those who think they should be or what. So far as leadership is concerned this will probably go down in the annals as the most dire and ineffective leadership that we have ever suffered. Any half decent government sets its course and expects and ensures that the crew pull together. You certainly don’t tolerate a mutinous crew. There’s never going to be a deal that is not a compromise and it’s the leaderships job to find the most acceptable one balanced against the risks involved.

We might have been in the EU frying pan but I wouldn’t trust any of them to keep us out of the fire.

Good leaders don't generate mutinous crews but those who are untrustworthy, treacherous and deceitful do. In the military and any successful organisation bad or unsuccessful leaders are got rid of. Apparently, that's not Conservative policy any more.

Good leaders don't generate mutinous crews but those who are untrustworthy, treacherous and deceitful do. In the military and any successful organisation bad or unsuccessful leaders are got rid of. Apparently, that's not Conservative policy any more.

Obvious answer, there are no leaders in the Conservative party to replace bad leader with.

Who do you suggest and how?

Do you think there will be just one or two or three?

And what happens if DUP doesn't sign up to this new leaders vision?

Best leader in town at the moment is Corbyn!

Run lil chickens run :LOL:

Obvious answer, there are no leaders in the Conservative party to replace bad leader with.

Who do you suggest and how?

Do you think there will be just one or two or three?

And what happens if DUP doesn't sign up to this new leaders vision?

Best leader in town at the moment is Corbyn!

Run lil chickens run :LOL:

You've raised some valid points there. But Corbyn? - I know that you really do have a wacky sense of humour but have you been on those walnuts again? When I picture Corbyn in my mind the phrases "useful idiot"and stooge come to mind. He's no leader but wait a moment, if you are right about him being the best in town then it probably confirms the awful state of British politics at the moment. (n)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Only if you’re a anti Semite or a terrorist, then yes he’s a great leader, but what about the rest of us. ?

What do you mean about the rest of us? We talking elections right? How else would Corbyn become PM?

So if Corbyn wins - you saying UK becomes antisemite terrorist state? LOL what are you eating. Banana cake with green stuff sprinkled on top?

If you reckon his not much cop so what's holding all you tories back then?

I think you are in denial matey :)

Last edited:
You've raised some valid points there. But Corbyn? - I know that you really do have a wacky sense of humour but have you been on those walnuts again? When I picture Corbyn in my mind the phrases "useful idiot"and stooge come to mind. He's no leader but wait a moment, if you are right about him being the best in town then it probably confirms the awful state of British politics at the moment. (n)

Pistachios this evening SuperMC :)

Not my cup of tea either, but yes you are correct I did mean best in town at the 'mo'.

Banksy knows

(y)

Attachments

• banksy.jpg
    banksy.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 83
What do you mean about the rest of us? We talking elections right? How else would Corbyn become PM?

So if Corbyn wins - you saying UK becomes antisemite terrorist state? LOL what are you eating. Banana cake with green stuff sprinkled on top?

If you reckon his not much cop so what's holding all you tories back then?

I think you are in denial matey :)

Let’s take a quick look back not long after he became leader, The majority of his cabinet resigned to get him out, Not just one or two ether ..then through his sheer arrogance and exceptional stubbornness he refused to step down. With Brexit he is completely lost and his party all contradict each other on labours stance..He is a complete laughing stock, his followers are a protest vote against the government.

Let’s take a quick look back not long after he became leader, The majority of his cabinet resigned to get him out, Not just one or two ether ..then through his sheer arrogance and exceptional stubbornness he refused to step down. With Brexit he is completely lost and his party all contradict each other on labours stance..He is a complete laughing stock, his followers are a protest vote against the government.

Defo in denial!

Keep looking :)

So why Tories so election shy then? :rolleyes:

Answers on a postcard :cool: