Brexit and the Consequences

This WTO trading is touted about as if it is some super recipe to cure all trading ailments.

I'm afraid it is the worst deal if one just stops to take one breath and considers why do any trade deals at all if WTO is so fab?

There are many issues that come with WTO. As mentioned by industry, the just in time delivery process fails abysmally; the additional cost of holding stock, warehousing and manual handling simply add to costs and time delay.

Really just about everything promised by the leave camp is turning out to be an absolute nightmare to work on or deliver.

It's now just rhetoric of words and people don't seem to have the foggiest of what it means until it is in front of their noses staring them in the eyes. They won't be told. They will have to see the consequences.

Chequers plan is a political game by TM who thinks she's being smart waiting for the EU to get back to her with proposals.

Canada ++++ is more politics and an inferior trade deal to what we have now. It took 7 years to agree and has entailed compromises by Canada. Why do you think it took 7 years to reach??? UK adopting it smacks of desperation and Boris would like the +++++ yes for sure. He is dreamer and his chance of being anything worthy or significant is running out with Brexit conclusion.

I think nearer to March we get, more Brexiteers will be pooping in their pants.

Options clear:

1. Parliament votes it out
2. We have new elections and labour keep us in common market botch up
3. People vote on the deal

Last point. It should be clear that quite a few EU countries outside of German car industry really don't want UK to stay. Just about most countries will benefit from UK's departure. Portugal and Romania included.

This great deal ladidadidaaa is a load of rubbish. Not happening. UK will still buy German cars and EU goods and services. Who'd believe UK is the biggest market for German cars in the World and consumer isn't going to change because of some tariffs. German cars priced high enough already and people still buy them.

Such a stink about it all this Brexit fiasco. Hope you guys all out there know your beans means Brexit and all that... :whistling

Well, you better get used to the No Deal idea cos that's where it's headed.

Saw this today :LOL:

Attachments

• carlsberg.jpg
    carlsberg.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 67
Well, you better get used to the No Deal idea cos that's where it's headed.

Saw this today :LOL:

That's typical you. Mixing up substance with what is smelly and dressed up.

No deal WTO is the worst deal with repercussions and grave consequences.

Can you remind me which countries UK wants to do bilateral deals with again please and why? Why do we need bilateral deals? What's wrong with WTO if its so cool? :LOL:

Do you know what the stuff you regurgitate actually means?

Instead of having one deal with 27 countries you want to have 27 bilateral agreements.

Apparently, Brexit is already costing UK 500m p/wk. Do you have any idea what it will cost in terms of money to draw up agree and to support and maintain 27 bilateral agreements?

Do you have any idea why only recently Canada and Japan signed up to trade deals with EU?

Alarm bells should be ringing between your ears. We live in hope. :idea:

That's typical you. Mixing up substance with what is smelly and dressed up.

No deal WTO is the worst deal with repercussions and grave consequences.

Can you remind me which countries UK wants to do bilateral deals with again please and why? Why do we need bilateral deals? What's wrong with WTO if its so cool? :LOL:

Do you know what the stuff you regurgitate actually means?

Instead of having one deal with 27 countries you want to have 27 bilateral agreements.

Apparently, Brexit is already costing UK 500m p/wk. Do you have any idea what it will cost in terms of money to draw up agree and to support and maintain 27 bilateral agreements?

Do you have any idea why only recently Canada and Japan signed up to trade deals with EU?

Alarm bells should be ringing between your ears. We live in hope. :idea:

You are one confused puppy.

Bilateral trade deals does not refer to the EU 27. The EU 27 would be 1 agreement, like the Canada deal. Bilateral trade deals refers to other countries who are not subjected to or bound up in trading block rules and regs. I find it hard to believe you spend all this time putting your own irrelevant spin on things in order to muddy the waters.

WTO could be the starting point for bilateral negotiations which could be further improved with non tariff agreements after.

It's not rocket science you know.

You are one confused puppy.

Bilateral trade deals does not refer to the EU 27. The EU 27 would be 1 agreement, like the Canada deal. Bilateral trade deals refers to other countries who are not subjected to or bound up in trading block rules and regs. I find it hard to believe you spend all this time putting your own irrelevant spin on things in order to muddy the waters.

WTO could be the starting point for bilateral negotiations which could be further improved with non tariff agreements after.

It's not rocket science you know.

That's a comparative example you fail to appreciate.

You are blind to the benefits of EU membership. 1 agreement bound by the Treaty of Rome rules and ECJ are the advantages of governing the whole lot. That's why they were created.

You will still need same rules but one for each for any of the bilateral agreements you make.

WTO is not a starting point for any bilateral negotiations. WTO in itself has transaction rules and laws to abide by.

You fail to acknowledge WTO is not a good deal at all, which is why countries always looking for bilateral or trade pact organisation deals. Cost of transaction are not small.

I've raised this before. Whichever country you agree to do trade deals with, will entail movement of labour people visas visits etc. How are people between countries supposed to work, conduct business of production, import export setup shop and the rest etc.

Every numpty refers to Globalisation without knowing what they are rabbiting on about.

Once you exit EU membership and start trying to set all this fabric of global trade up again, you'll soon see the difficulties and watch the costs, coupled with loss of business.

Horse before the cart or was it cart before the horse? Brexiteers are quite a uniqe breed of experts on experts.

Canada ++++++ dealll. Oooohhhh sounds so cool. Run along with your leader (n)

It very much is an issue Tom in the way we leave.

Under Chequers we would be bound up in EU rules/regs which other countries have said will prevent us from doing bilateral trade deals.

Under Canada style deal, we abide by EU rules and they abide by our rules. No problem and no tariffs.

Under No Deal, we can trade with whoever we like under WTO as the standard with the possibility of tariff free agreements as negotiated bi-laterally.

To be clear, Chequers is the worst of all options. It's simply damage limitation in the short term, as opposed to ambitious outward looking participation in the future.

None of this is an issue from my point of view.

I was happy to vote Leave on political / sovereignty grounds, and I bought into this on a No-Deal Brexit basis. In the end I voted Remain on the evidence of the UK's strong economic progress under the EU's roof (and as a strategic move, knowing that if we left we could not go back but if we remained, we could still leave later).

So if we leave with No-Deal, we get sovereignty and rights to trade with the world, just as I had hoped. If we leave with absolutely any sort of EU preferential trade deal, we get continuation of at least some of the economic benefits of at EU membership, which is what attracted me to vote Remain. So I couldn't care less which shyster gets what deal and what fudge it contains.

Listened to TM on Andrew Marr prog this morning. She's such a difficult woman to speak to. May bot indeed. Does she have any personality at all? My goodness like a scratched record just kept repeating same old drivel.

Do Tories have any policies? All I hear are words. Hollow words. Looking forward to seeing what's going to come out of the party conference. I'm sure there will be some calamity of sorts.

Hunt's making out the EU is a prison camp and UK trying to perform the great escape. As if :LOL:

EU does not want the UK that's becoming clear to me for the simple reason UK leaving is a far better prospect for the other 27.

Listened to TM on Andrew Marr prog this morning. She's such a difficult woman to speak to. May bot indeed. Does she have any personality at all? My goodness like a scratched record just kept repeating same old drivel.

Do Tories have any policies? All I hear are words. Hollow words. Looking forward to seeing what's going to come out of the party conference. I'm sure there will be some calamity of sorts.

Hunt's making out the EU is a prison camp and UK trying to perform the great escape. As if :LOL:

EU does not want the UK that's becoming clear to me for the simple reason UK leaving is a far better prospect for the other 27.

I agree, the other 27 will be far better off without the EU when it all falls apart.(y)

Mr.Tusk has said a Canada +++ deal is on the table, yet TM is sticking to her chequers deal like mud to a blanket, At what point does she realise it won’t get through Parliament ? She needs to go...Now !

Mr.Tusk has said a Canada +++ deal is on the table, yet TM is sticking to her chequers deal like mud to a blanket, At what point does she realise it won’t get through Parliament ? She needs to go...Now !

Told ya guys. Told my friend Tusk too over a late night drink.

EU can offer you one of soooo many tiers of membership. Just go for it.

Absolute bloody mindedness insisting on some new pick and mix freaking pie in the sky deal no one has ever heard of. Chequers deal :LOL::LOL::LOL:

EU must be bewildered. Is that the best we can do after two years. :eek::eek::eek:

canada-plus-plus.jpg

Bow down to your new saint! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

images

The Brexit thread is becoming a little quiet of late, we need some scandal to rejuvenate things, no fake news this week Atilla ? Heaven was looking a little low tonight, possibility of it falling iin...:whistling

Last edited:
The Brexit thread is becoming a little quiet of late, we need some scandal to rejuvenate things, no fake news this week Atilla ? Heaven was looking a little low tonight, possibility of falling it in...:whistling

Brexit thread is saturated.

Battle lines drawn.

Trenches dug so deep no one can climb out of the hole we find our selves in. :whistling