Brexit and the Consequences

That's a great idea and pretty much what I'm thinking. Language can be an issue but these days everyone speaks a little of something or other.

You don't need passports in EU. Nobody checks. That's the beauty of it all.

Portugal is fab for campervanning so my friends in Brighton say. They are much more relaxed about where you can park/camp and so forth. Wild camping is taking off too.

Get that bucket list out and get it done Pat.

Become a sun worshipper. Yay!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Middle East.
Sun and Sand.

France... Never!

Spain or Italy??? Hmmm :D:D:D
Hi Atilla',
Mrs. timsk and I had a holiday in Ravenna, Italy last Autumn, 6 weeks in Spain in Jan' - Feb' this year when we were between houses, and a long weekend in Britanny in May. All have their merits, but if we could only ever visit one of them again it would be Spain. If we had to pick an area of Spain it would be Andalucia and, if we had to pick a city it would be Malaga. It's much overlooked and regarded by most as just an airport and a staging post before travelling on elsewhere. That's a big mistake IMO, as it's a really stunning city. Billions of Euros have been spent on it in the last 10 - 20 (a lot from the EU, obviously!), all to good effect. It's now a world class city and cultural centre that's a worthy match for Seville and Barcelona. And the great thing about is (apart from having over 300 days of sunshine every year) that it's so easy to get to. I can get from Devon to a favourite restaurant on the beach in the city suburbs faster than I can get to London. Internet - and communications generally - are faster than anywhere I've ever experienced in the U.K. - so you'll be fine for work / trading etc. The only slight negative is that the Andalucian accent is as far removed from Castillian Spanish as a drunk Glaswegian is from speaking the Queen's English. Other than that, it's a great place that I can't recommend highly enough and is well worth adding on your 'possible destinations' list.
Tim.

This is good news indeed. Given a fall in currency leading to cheaper exports, positive effect on BoP is to be expected. Rising global trade and markets also helps. May it long continue. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Is it possible that you have turned a corner and accepted things with a positive attitude?

Is it possible that you have turned a corner and accepted things with a positive attitude?

Yes you maybe right!

Each time I go into London, I realise it's not the old London I left.

I accept something has to be done about migration and always supported a point scheme but fear Brexit is the wrong way to go about delivering border controls.

I do now recognise this is not about the economics but identity of UK which people including Asians are not happy with.

As before support either all in or all out and happy to hand over controls in full to the hard brexiteers for a speedier conclusion.

(y)

Yes you maybe right!

I accept something has to be done about migration and always supported a point scheme but fear Brexit is the wrong way to go about delivering border controls.

I do now recognise this is not about the economics but identity of UK which people including Asians are not happy with.

As before support either all in or all out and happy to hand over controls in full to the hard brexiteers for a speedier conclusion.

(y)

It is the vital strength of democracy imho that there can be differences of opinion.

It is by far not a pure black and white issue. More a grey sludgey one.

Yes you maybe right!

[emoji106]
Who are you and what have you done with Atilla?

Yeah FXX, I was thinking we have an impostor in our midst and that the real Atilla has somehow been locked out of his own account!
:cool:

Naah! I've known all along that Atilla is a thinking man and he's just been winding us up. He's just outed himself and come in from the cold - that's all.

Naah! I've known all along that Atilla is a thinking man and he's just been winding us up. He's just outed himself and come in from the cold - that's all.

Thank you for the thinking man part SuperMC but not the wind up.

I'm still for all in but it is increasingly becoming obvious Europe and UK now agree something has to be done with refugee / migrant crises.

The rest still stands. Simply that I recognise Brexiteers argument, no matter what the economic consequences, the core issue is with migration and integration of foreign elements. We all have prejudices. We all prefer our own kind.

Still hold the view hard Brexit is over kill to achieve our objectives. Eurosceptics I fear are using the migrant labour issue to get into power and Brits will be sorely dissapointed with outcomes. I do not trust the Boris Gove or JRM's in the Tory party.

Just that to get to a quicker conclusion I'd like to see hard Brexiteers (Farage & UKIP) in action to deliver on promises.

If unable to then quash Eurosceptics for once and for all. (y)

Thank you for the thinking man part SuperMC but not the wind up.

I'm still for all in but it is increasingly becoming obvious Europe and UK now agree something has to be done with refugee / migrant crises.

The rest still stands. Simply that I recognise Brexiteers argument, no matter what the economic consequences, the core issue is with migration and integration of foreign elements. We all have prejudices. We all prefer our own kind.

Still hold the view hard Brexit is over kill to achieve our objectives. Eurosceptics I fear are using the migrant labour issue to get into power and Brits will be sorely dissapointed with outcomes. I do not trust the Boris Gove or JRM's in the Tory party.

Just that to get to a quicker conclusion I'd like to see hard Brexiteers (Farage & UKIP) in action to deliver on promises.

If unable to then quash Eurosceptics for once and for all. (y)

UKIP have not successfully managed to organise their leadership, I certainly don't think they are ready to organise the country.

Farage is enjoying himself, not surprising really after 20 years of burning himself out over Brexit, he needed a rest, but now he is making some sort of comeback, what will he achieve?

Tories have become the country's betrayers, in disarray, no way forward other than same old.

Labour are just completely loony, lost the plot, can't say much more.

LibDem will never garner enough support to have real influence unless they are coerced by Tories.

Any other takers for this wonderful democracy (sic) of ours?

UKIP have not successfully managed to organise their leadership, I certainly don't think they are ready to organise the country.

Farage is enjoying himself, not surprising really after 20 years of burning himself out over Brexit, he needed a rest, but now he is making some sort of comeback, what will he achieve?

Tories have become the country's betrayers, in disarray, no way forward other than same old.

Labour are just completely loony, lost the plot, can't say much more.

LibDem will never garner enough support to have real influence unless they are coerced by Tories.

Any other takers for this wonderful democracy (sic) of ours?

Have been saying all allong it's easy to knock but difficult to build.

Farage is good at criticising talks a good shop but when it comes to the main show perspectives change a little.

I agree UKIP and members of party are not much different to labour party Loonies, except in reverse. Labour followers are good sort but leader is somewhat suspect.

Eating cake and much of it comes to mind. (y)

Have been saying all allong it's easy to knock but difficult to build.

What's easy to knock but difficult to build?

Farage is good at criticising talks a good shop but when it comes to the main show perspectives change a little.

On what basis do you make that statement?

I agree UKIP and members of party are not much different to labour party Loonies, except in reverse. Labour followers are good sort but leader is somewhat suspect.

Your words, not mine.

Eating cake and much of it comes to mind. (y)

Rhymes and riddles will diddle your fiddle.

No don't bother, been here before, numerous times :rolleyes: