Brexit and the Consequences

I would like to ask a question, which is -
How many immigrants/refugees is quite enough for Britain to absorb. The same goes for other countries. They can only absorb just so many .

The do-gooders haven't got the balls to pull up the drawbridge in time. So it looks like we will be overwhelmed by the muslims etc. Well maybe that is on our future cards because Christianity just is not practical.

Do-gooding will be the death of our way of life imho. It is too expensive and unsustainable. Principled - yes, but impractical.

Let's hope the MPs living in luxury in the houses in the leafy suburbs can realise this simple fact. Our friend from Brighton means well too but …………….

The core issue is democracy

Let's get back to the core issue - democracy. Get that right and all the rest can be sorted out. Owen Patterson sums it up neatly in this 2 minute video:

How many immigrants/refugees is quite enough for Britain to absorb. The same goes for other countries. They can only absorb just so many .

The do-gooders haven't got the balls to pull up the drawbridge in time. So it looks like we will be overwhelmed by the muslims etc. Well maybe that is on our future cards because Christianity just is not practical.

Do-gooding will be the death of our way of life imho. It is too expensive and unsustainable. Principled - yes, but impractical.

Let's hope the MPs living in luxury in the houses in the leafy suburbs can realise this simple fact. Our friend from Brighton means well too but …………….

The UK is an island and Europe is a buffer for it. The container traffic is colossal in Barcelona. I saw an aerial photo, just yesterday. UK must get more containers than us. How many , would you say, get opened up by customs? Immigrants will come in, and are coming in, that way.

But we mustn't worry--it will all come clean in the wash.

I'm not suggesting we take them in at all. Approx., 1/3 of all migrants are from EU. 2/3rds from else where. My point has been that we need not call Brexit to control migrant coming in.

The recent problem and EU being up in chaos is clearly a refugee crises culminating from US and UK, post 9/11 reactions.

If you don't identify the issue you will not develop the correct solution for remediating what ever is troubling you.

It has nothing at all to do about doing goodies.

So between pair of you, we have murderous muslim economic migrants coming over to kill millions and take work away from endegenous population thus Brexit is the solution. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm sure sparks must fly when you two get together. (y)

Last edited:
I wonder if the Brits who have gone to live in sunnier places will be allowed back into Britain as permanent residents after Brexit or will they have to wait their turn as just more immigrants.

I'm not suggesting we take them in at all. Approx., 1/3 of all migrants are from EU. 2/3rds from else where. My point has been that we need not call Brexit to control migrant coming in.

The recent problem and EU being up in chaos is clearly a refugee crises culminating from US and UK, post 9/11 reactions.

If you don't identify the issue you will not develop the correct solution for remediating what ever is troubling you.

It has nothing at all to do about doing goodies.

So between pair of you, we have murderous muslim economic migrants coming over to kill millions and take work away from endegenous population thus Brexit is the solution. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm sure sparks must fly when you two get together. (y)

I like your doublethink Att, maybe my answer to 1922 will help you crystallise your thoughts as to why some of us believe that Brexit goes part way to solving mass immigration into the UK, Italy have done it and they haven't even left the bloc!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foyer/229886-uk-politics-22.html#post3061668

I wonder if the Brits who have gone to live in sunnier places will be allowed back into Britain as permanent residents after Brexit or will they have to wait their turn as just more immigrants.

They are probably remainers so won’t be welcome :LOL:

Pat,
If, for example, you go to Spain and get a residency permit to live there permanently, the Spanish authorities don't expect and can't require you to rescind your U.K. citizenship. It's not an either or situation, so all ex-pats living abroad will be able to return to the U.K. My brother moved to Canada in 1968 and has lived there ever since. He holds duel British and Canadian citizenship and is free to return to the U.K. at any time.
Tim.

I'm crossing that bridge , if not when I come to it, certainly later on., Hell, I may not be here! My kids all have British passports and they are waiting to see what is going to happen in Cataluña.

Pat,
If, for example, you go to Spain and get a residency permit to live there permanently, the Spanish authorities don't expect and can't require you to rescind your U.K. citizenship. It's not an either or situation, so all ex-pats living abroad will be able to return to the U.K. My brother moved to Canada in 1968 and has lived there ever since. He holds duel British and Canadian citizenship and is free to return to the U.K. at any time.
Tim.

Things could quickly change if the Brexit becomes heated. All countries are tightening up on immigration and trade because of Trump.

They are probably remainers so won’t be welcome :LOL:

Joking apart, the longer they are away and the less likely it is that they could afford to come back. When they realise this, they tend to double down and go full tilt extolling the virtues of living abroad. :LOL:

We all know it's BS, but funny to listen to them waffling on about how great Spain is for example.

Joking apart, the longer they are away and the less likely it is that they could afford to come back. When they realise this, they tend to double down and go full tilt extolling the virtues of living abroad. :LOL:

We all know it's BS, but funny to listen to them waffling on about how great Spain is for example.

Out of curiosity CV...as you you appear to think that "extolling the virtues of living abroad" is somewhat ridiculous - 2 questions:

1) How long have you yourself lived abroad?

2) Do you consider " extolling the virtues of living" in the UK in a completely different way?

Haha yes probably true but people do like suasages don't they?

CV knows his my public enemy number one and you are close up there too... :love::love::love:

:)

All this talk of sausages & wurst is reminiscent of 'Allo 'Allo and René Artois.:LOL:

Is Atilla really Herr Flick on a quest to hunt down any Brexiteers? Maybe CV is the equivalent of Michelle Dubois (of the Resistance) determined to ensure a successful Brexit?