Brexit and the Consequences

. . . but are they plotting together; is there real unity among the Brexiteers? Nigel Farage has joined Richard Tice's 'Leave Means Leave' campaign, JRM heads up the 'European Research Group' and Boris is, well, just Boris. Then there's 'Get Britain Out', 'Change Britain' and let's not forget UKIP. I'm sure I've missed some out, but I think I've made my point. The Brexiteers appear to me to be a rather splintered group. With the exception of UKIP (as it's a political party, supposedly), it's a shame they can't all coalesce into a single, unified driving force. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts 'n all that.
Tim.

It's a good point. Perhaps it's like the Van Tharp "snowball effect" whereby the onslaught can only be withstood if appropriate counter measures are in place. Is the Maybot up to it? I think we'll know soon.

For anyone who 'remains' in doubt about what a bureaucratic nightmare the EU is and how many SMEs in the U.K. will prosper when they're from the EUs shackles - go to 4.20 (4 minutes, 20 seconds) of this YouTube vid' - unbelievable! . . .

That is excellent news.

I can think of no better person to deliver the full impact of Brexit but Nigel. (y)(y)(y)

Be good to have it out and deal with eurosceptics for once and for all. I do also hope he succeeds in delivering benefits whether it'll be 10 or 20 years but he will need to put some kind of time line on it. Otherwise we'll be having this debate for another 50 years. My time is running out.

:)

Fixed it for you AGAIN!

I don't understand SC. Tories are in power and running with negotiations.

Alternatively parties are Labour and LibDems and perhaps now Nigel and UKippers band.

You suggesting Brexit will not be delivered? :rolleyes:

For anyone who 'remains' in doubt about what a bureaucratic nightmare the EU is and how many SMEs in the U.K. will prosper when they're from the EUs shackles - go to 4.20 (4 minutes, 20 seconds) of this YouTube vid' - unbelievable! . . .

Yes he speaks well and that point is some what exceptional.

If you continue listening, he later goes on to say EU is slowing down and UK is not thriving? That is not true.

Latest two years' facts and numbers prove him wrong. That was the case in the 50s & 60s until we joined. It will continue to be the case going forward as we leave. UK was outperforming EU members post crash and now since referendum that has reversed.

However wrt the two points above I know which two points simple people will find more impacting on their brain. :cheesy:

All the best (y)

I don't understand SC. Tories are in power and running with negotiations.

Alternatively parties are Labour and LibDems and perhaps now Nigel and UKippers band.

You suggesting Brexit will not be delivered? :rolleyes:

But you keep suggesting that Brexiteers are delivering Brexit? In what solar system do you exist?

With Nigel, Boris and JRM all plotting it's starting to look like Endgame for the Maybot. (y)

There are preparations under way for a general election. The ongoing campaign against Corbyn shows that someone is trying to keep him from number 10, there must be fear in them eyes.

420, are you sure your not smokin something? Elon Muskesque.

But you keep suggesting that Brexiteers are delivering Brexit? In what solar system do you exist?

I'm not suggesting anything matey just facts!

Who invoked article 50 and what does that mean if not Brexit?

I'm still trying to fathom out 1922. You got any black shirts at home? :whistling

Wanna giv us a klue about that number then?

There are preparations under way for a general election. The ongoing campaign against Corbyn shows that someone is trying to keep him from number 10, there must be fear in them eyes.
I just received confirmation of residence letter for voting cards. It's several years until general elections and we only recently had local.

Yes he speaks well and that point is some what exceptional.

If you continue listening, he later goes on to say EU is slowing down and UK is not thriving? That is not true.

Latest two years' facts and numbers prove him wrong. That was the case in the 50s & 60s until we joined. It will continue to be the case going forward as we leave. UK was outperforming EU members post crash and now since referendum that has reversed.

However wrt the two points above I know which two points simple people will find more impacting on their brain. :cheesy:

All the best (y)

The EU is treading water, that's all. The EU is not growing except in the area of immigrant population. At some point, the member countries will fully wake up to the fact that their leaders are burdening the rest of the population with a whole host of unproductive undesirables.

Also in the vid, he makes the point about 5% of UK companies have any trade with the EU. So essentially, it's only these large crony corporate's aided and abetted by our own weak politicians who have any interest in doing a deal with the EU.

The smart people can see right through this and we know that the future is brightest away from the EU.(y)

The EU is treading water, that's all. The EU is not growing except in the area of immigrant population. At some point, the member countries will fully wake up to the fact that their leaders are burdening the rest of the population with a whole host of unproductive undesirables.

Also in the vid, he makes the point about 5% of UK companies have any trade with the EU. So essentially, it's only these large crony corporate's aided and abetted by our own weak politicians who have any interest in doing a deal with the EU.

The smart people can see right through this and we know that the future is brightest away from the EU.(y)

History or facts does not support your assertion.

That 5% is just a number. Most companies make 80% of their profits from 20% of their customers. Or the same wrt Cash Cow products and what ever is in the pipeline for developing new products.

We've also asked what USP or product is in the pipeline for UK that it can turn into another cash cow and there really wasn't any coherent reply to questions posed.

Issue with Brexit crowd is all hope and gas. No substance or tangible delivery of anything. No countries queuing up to do deals with us. EU as well as making deal with Canada has made another with Japan.

So all these businessmen who say you don't need trade deals to trade are correct in the spoken word but they seem to forget having trade deals gives one many advantages that don't exist to others. It's just so full of holes and barmy comments which the Brexit crowd think is wonderful but do they really understand how international trade takes place? Businesses like water will opt for the smoother and less costly path when choosing between two options.

History or facts does not support your assertion.

That 5% is just a number. Most companies make 80% of their profits from 20% of their customers. Or the same wrt Cash Cow products and what ever is in the pipeline for developing new products.

We've also asked what USP or product is in the pipeline for UK that it can turn into another cash cow and there really wasn't any coherent reply to questions posed.

Issue with Brexit crowd is all hope and gas. No substance or tangible delivery of anything. No countries queuing up to do deals with us. EU as well as making deal with Canada has made another with Japan.

So all these businessmen who say you don't need trade deals to trade are correct in the spoken word but they seem to forget having trade deals gives one many advantages that don't exist to others. It's just so full of holes and barmy comments which the Brexit crowd think is wonderful but do they really understand how international trade takes place? Businesses like water will opt for the smoother and less costly path when choosing between two options.

As usual you are getting too hung up on the red herring of trade deals. We don't need trade deals to trade with the EU or the rest of the world. WTO mechanism is already available to us and it works perfectly well between the UK and our biggest trade partner the US.

This has been posted previously but worth posting again. Prof Minford in front of a commons select committee educating them on trade. It's a pity he can't get ALL our MP's to attend a lecture where he could straighten out all their misconceptions. He states quite clearly that if the UK remains part of the EU protectionist club, that we disadvantage ourselves trading with the rest of the world. In other words....the EU is un-competitive and we should leave.

91% of our gdp has nothing to do with the EU and 95% of our businesses have nothing to do with the EU. Yet all of our businesses are subject to EU rules and regs which make the UK less competitive on the world stage.

It's a no brainer...we must leave with no deal...any other outcome is just BS.

I'm not suggesting anything matey just facts!

Who invoked article 50 and what does that mean if not Brexit?

Who are the Brexiteers, not delivering on Brexit?

I'm still trying to fathom out 1922. You got any black shirts at home? :whistling

Wanna giv us a klue about that number then?

I will get around to answering this question on the other thread, in the meantime please put aside your black and white view of the world, the reason why I suspect you are a member of antifa is because of the view you hold that you are either a fascist or not a fascist, I think you need to check out the hashtag #walkaway to get a little more persepective :)

Who are the Brexiteers, not delivering on Brexit?

I will get around to answering this question on the other thread, in the meantime please put aside your black and white view of the world, the reason why I suspect you are a member of antifa is because of the view you hold that you are either a fascist or not a fascist, I think you need to check out the hashtag #walkaway to get a little more persepective :)

No idea what antifa is and thanks for clarifying what my views on fascism or what lack of fascism is. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:whistling

What do you call a reindeer with no eyes and no legs?

Fascism empowers people and that is why it is so seductive.

Which people are they then?

You mean like all the people, most, some or select few?

Why do they end up killing so many people where ever they rise up?

As usual you are getting too hung up on the red herring of trade deals. We don't need trade deals to trade with the EU or the rest of the world. WTO mechanism is already available to us and it works perfectly well between the UK and our biggest trade partner the US.

This has been posted previously but worth posting again. Prof Minford in front of a commons select committee educating them on trade. It's a pity he can't get ALL our MP's to attend a lecture where he could straighten out all their misconceptions. He states quite clearly that if the UK remains part of the EU protectionist club, that we disadvantage ourselves trading with the rest of the world. In other words....the EU is un-competitive and we should leave.

91% of our gdp has nothing to do with the EU and 95% of our businesses have nothing to do with the EU. Yet all of our businesses are subject to EU rules and regs which make the UK less competitive on the world stage.

It's a no brainer...we must leave with no deal...any other outcome is just BS.

Can you reference this highlight in red please?

Yes, watch the vid.

Are you suggesting that Minford would mislead the commons select committee?

Ok first off, relationship with EU will change. His assumption about remaining friendly with our allies is far too ambitious. We will be going from partnership to competitive footing.

Political interests clearly not the same. How so? One area is whether EU should expand or not? Should it bring in Balkan countries or even Russia into EU or not? Are you aware there was some talk of expanding EU borders into Russia some while back.

If he doesn't see many implications of leaving on foreign policy then he is in the minority. UK was excluded from Galileo Project... That article is in your daily trash so hopefully you can read it at your level.

He rattles on about defining what kind of relationship UK wants with EU. This isn't one way negotiation now is it? How can you leave a club and then rebuild same alliances, common interests or policies???

Do you actually understand what his saying.

His talkign about 80% of laws decided in EU around 4:00... I ask you again, why are all past EU laws being cut and pasted into UK books? Is it because 93% of all those rules/regs/laws were voted and wanted by UK? Think about it.

He continues to talk whaffle about foreign policy and common policies with our allies.

With respect to trade agreements, he compares UK to China, Singapore and US. Says trade agreements are irrellevant. FFS this mumbo jumbo of a fool can say anything he likes he is clearly out of his mind.

Why do we have preferred suppliers? I'm sure many of you here must have worked in companies with preferred suppliers. They get reviewed and can be replaced.

It's to do with discounting and preferential treatment. Why tie one self down to a preferred supplier or trade agreement or even a 3-25 year lease which is in it self is a trade agreement. To get more preferential deals.

To say it is irrellevant and dismiss it is just frankly fecking moronic idiocy. No you don't have to have a preferred supplier and can buy any of your products from any supplier but it makes sense to have them. Now just expand that to a larger scale.

He throws in a global market as if that has any validity. He says we have a competitive economy and a nation of entrepreneurs. Well what's that got to do with validity other than being just power words. Does this guy have any reason or intellecutal capability to rationalise what his saying?

His right about EU being protectionist which gives us many advantages. Which are the same advantages held by China and US.

I don't wish to listen to the rest of his tripe. He has a strong views which aren't supported by fact or reason.

11:00 onwards is interesting. Vested interests indeed but is unable to answer why we would need to sign bilateral trade agreements outside of EU having argued to death why it is irrellevant to have one with EU.

Stupidity has no bounds. :LOL::LOL::LOL: