Brexit and the Consequences

Come on, Atilla, haven’t you learned yet that anyone saying anything positive about Brexit - however fanciful - is a far sighted person of consummate intelligence. By contrast, anyone saying anything negative about Brexit - however factual - is a short sighted moron of extremely limited intelligence.:LOL:

Come on, Atilla, haven’t you learned yet that anyone saying anything positive about Brexit - however fanciful - is a far sighted person of consummate intelligence. By contrast, anyone saying anything negative about Brexit - however factual - is a short sighted moron of extremely limited intelligence.:LOL:

Very perceptive! :LOL:

Yes Barjon, some people are easilly impressed by titles usually the ones who can't think for them selves.

He talks about vested interest for businessses as if it is a sin. Ofcourse business will fight for their bottom line interests. It is for national government to rule and establish enfironment for those businesses to take place.

If the view is, businesses will be better able to thrive outside of Brexit, which is I think his core main point all well and good. However, no evidence or facts to support, back up that claim. Same old story.

He comes across as someone who is bloody minded fool rather than an intellectual who can look at pros and cons. (When he says I'm trying to explain irrellevance of trade agreements but you don't understand - he had me in stitches. Then goes on to talk about bilateral trade agreements we could do with rest of the world). I'm sure it all makes sense in his tiny brain.

I think some of these no hopers are simply getting on the Brexit bandwagon to have their name flashed in daily trash articles, otherwise I can see they are just regular hush puppy and tweed wearing wannabees for something or other.

CV,

Still waiting for that 95% of our GDP has nothing to do with EU BS post.

UK_exports_EU_vs_nonEU.png

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

Yes Barjon, some people are easilly impressed by titles usually the ones who can't think for them selves.

He talks about vested interest for businessses as if it is a sin. Ofcourse business will fight for their bottom line interests. It is for national government to rule and establish enfironment for those businesses to take place.

If the view is, businesses will be better able to thrive outside of Brexit, which is I think his core main point all well and good. However, no evidence or facts to support, back up that claim. Same old story.

He comes across as someone who is bloody minded fool rather than an intellectual who can look at pros and cons. (When he says I'm trying to explain irrellevance of trade agreements but you don't understand - he had me in stitches. Then goes on to talk about bilateral trade agreements we could do with rest of the world). I'm sure it all makes sense in his tiny brain.

I think some of these no hopers are simply getting on the Brexit bandwagon to have their name flashed in daily trash articles, otherwise I can see they are just regular hush puppy and tweed wearing wannabees for something or other.

CV,

Still waiting for that 95% of our GDP has nothing to do with EU BS post.

UK_exports_EU_vs_nonEU.png

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

What part of "leave the EU" do you people not understand?

Just because TM has U-turned doesn't mean anyone else has :LOL:

She will have to face the consequences when parliament returns after the hols. Assuming the EU don't put her out of her misery beforehand.

So in your world the interests of big business trump democracy :LOL:
Good luck with that one matey.

Evidence is presented on a daily basis on how the EU is becoming more authoritarian,totalitarian and less democratic.

Barjon is right.....what kind of numbnuts would vote for that. :LOL:

Finally, Brexit is about many issues, so to keep harping on about the economy is a total waste of time.

Some entertaining reading from Sept 2016. Enjoy !

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...nderstood-that-it-is-a-totalitarian-institut/

Last edited:
What part of "leave the EU" do you people not understand?

Just because TM has U-turned doesn't mean anyone else has :LOL:

She will have to face the consequences when parliament returns after the hols. Assuming the EU don't put her out of her misery beforehand.

So in your world the interests of big business trump democracy :LOL:
Good luck with that one matey.

Evidence is presented on a daily basis on how the EU is becoming more authoritarian,totalitarian and less democratic.

Barjon is right.....what kind of numbnuts would vote for that. :LOL:

Finally, Brexit is about many issues, so to keep harping on about the economy is a total waste of time.

Some entertaining reading from Sept 2016. Enjoy !

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...nderstood-that-it-is-a-totalitarian-institut/

All good with me dude.

I'll be leaving very soon anyhow to greener sunnier pastures.

I would also like Nigel to take charge. Much like Trump it will be good to see what they can deliver. We are on a global economic revival so they have wind behind their sails. Just wait till the next down turn comes along and see how the climate changes. Brits will be migrating to jobs in the EU.

I only worry about the younger generation that's all. Have couple of vested interests here. (y)

Last edited:
He is experiencing the downside of democracy I guess.
Can't win them all.

Sad to see you go m8
Can still post on T2W though.

He is experiencing the downside of democracy I guess.
Can't win them all.

Sad to see you go m8
Can still post on T2W though.

He ain't going anywhere :LOL:

Can't afford to now the pound has dropped through the floor :clap:
Maybe that's why he's so pi55ed about Brexit....spanner in the works so to speak.

He ain't going anywhere :LOL:

Can't afford to now the pound has dropped through the floor :clap:

Maybe that's why he's so pi55ed about Brexit....spanner in the works so to speak.

I’m sure he said something about Venezuela, property is cheap over there [emoji3]

All good with me dude.

I'll be leaving very soon anyhow to greener sunnier pastures.

I would also like Nigel to take charge. Much like Trump it will be good to see what they can deliver. We are on a global economic revival so they have wind behind their sails. Just wait till the next down turn comes along and see how the climate changes. Brits will be migrating to jobs in the EU.

I only worry about the younger generation that's all. Have couple of vested interests here. (y)

You're not going south of the river are you? It's a big step into totally different culture;)

Hi Att',
As per Pat's post, where are you off to and to what extent is your decision influenced by Brexit?
Tim.

Somewhere in Europe. Haven't decided just yet. Hope to travel around first visiting friends.

As for Brexit influence, I'd like to say no but it has in some respects. I'm not alone amongst my peer group either. Living and working on the continent is looking more attractive by the day.

Country is split and I don't see it getting better that's for sure.

(y)

I once thought of a holiday on the Continent by hiring a minivan sleeper and touring around but never did it. Would get a flavour of the place. If I were to go I would pick an area loaded with other Brit escapees and warm.
What about passports etc. for permanent stay ?
Maybe visit Split in Spain ? Seems to like it there.. Gibraltar ?

Last edited:
Whilst it is an unfortunate truth that France is full of French, there are some mitigating factors.....they're not Welsh, for example:p

Dear Santa,

For Xmas can you please please please make my dream; with UK Better-in and Frexit Better-out come true.

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Last edited:
I once thought of a holiday on the Continent by hiring a minivan sleeper and touring around but never did it. Would get a flavour of the place. If I were to go I would pick an area loaded with other Brit escapees and warm.
Maybe visit Split in Spain ? Seems to like it there.. Gibralter ?

That's a great idea and pretty much what I'm thinking. Language can be an issue but these days everyone speaks a little of something or other.

You don't need passports in EU. Nobody checks. That's the beauty of it all.

Portugal is fab for campervanning so my friends in Brighton say. They are much more relaxed about where you can park/camp and so forth. Wild camping is taking off too.

Get that bucket list out and get it done Pat.

Become a sun worshipper. Yay!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Maybe visit Split in Spain ? Seems to like it there.. Gibralter ?

Nah! Gibraltar fpr the Gibraltarians--or the Spanish. Let them sort it out.I'm with the Catalans--they have problems, too, of course, but they are nice to me, so I'm staying.