Brexit and the Consequences

My guess is the UK will not be far behind the US . So where the US is going so also is Mrs Poodle.
Q. Alright if that is so, where is the US going ?
A. Where Trump is guiding it.
Q. And where is that ?
A. He is isolating the US from international trade and agreements such as The Paris Accords and NATO.

Q. Can the US produce everything it needs internally ?
A. With some strict rules in place - yes.

Q. Were does that leave Britain ?
A. Isolated too and sadly alone. if we do not quickly make friends with other countries. The US is doing what it did in the 1930s when it pulled out of The League of Nations.

Worrying ?
Definately

Will he say publicly the same sort of sh1t to Putin when he goes to Russia ?
What a rude and ungrateful visitor. Can't even pretend to be a nice guy.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk the US should be ashamed of his performance so far and it will probably get worse !!

His clone Boris should f off too.

It is high time Congress showed a bit of courage and reined in the orange monster.

Last edited:

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk the US should be ashamed of his performance so far and it will probably get worse !!

It is high time Congress showed a bit of courage and reined in the orange monster.
Easy tiger. Did trump pee in your breakfast?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Easy tiger. Did trump pee in your breakfast?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It certainly feels like it.
It seems we have to take what Dump says is what he surely means, however laughable.
Britain's hope of a good US trade deal looks unlikely as Dump tightens the screws.
We may have to to cancel Trident, the fighter jets and other waste of money military hardware. Robbing the NHS etc. won't be enough to pay for it.

It certainly feels like it.
It seems we have to take what Dump says is what he surely means, however laughable.
Britain's hope of a good US trade deal looks unlikely as Dump tightens the screws.
We may have to to cancel Trident, the fighter jets and other waste of money military hardware. Robbing the NHS etc. won't be enough to pay for it.

but wont the 350 million a week we will save, be enough to pay for the nhs?

350 mil x 52= eighteen billion two hundred million.

Planned spending looks like the NHS budget will rise that much by 2022-24... So the bus was right after all :clap: :LOL:

As you were....

Attachments

• health budget.JPG
    health budget.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 59

On the other hand Pat, I cant help thinking where we would be in the Brexit negotiations now two years down the line if Trump was UK P.M ?

350 mil x 52= eighteen billion two hundred million.

Planned spending looks like the NHS budget will rise that much by 2022-24... So the bus was right after all :clap: :LOL:

As you were....

I am more confused than before.

I thought you had to calculate a nett figure.
Money goes out. Money comes back in.
The UK gets a rebate of 5bn, plus another 4.4bn for EU funded projects.
(Personally, I dont get why EU gets credit for spending our own money.)
Nett payments to EU around 9.5bn.

Thats about half the 19bn you just showed.

Source: ONS: should be trustable?
https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/gove...les/theukcontributiontotheeubudget/2017-10-31

as an aside, I dont want to get bogged down in too many minor details.

broadly, we send 18bn, give or take a billion.
and we get back over half. give or take a billion.
(in some more detailed studies, more than half: Research briefings - Parliament)

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7886

from your figures, we have a shortfall of 9-10 billion for the nhs. (give or take a billion)
wheres that coming from? not from any total savings from the EU budget, thats for sure.

There's no argument Trendie that EU funded projects are/were a good thing,But yes you are correct, its the Nett figure that matters. The chart shows that NHS spending is increasing yoy, But it makes one wonder how much of that budget is going to fat cat executives, over inflated price tabs on medicines and equipment..Lots of individuals and companies have become very fat from the bottomless money pit of the NHS.

There's no argument Trendie that EU funded projects are/were a good thing,But yes you are correct, its the Nett figure that matters. The chart shows that NHS spending is increasing yoy, But it makes one wonder how much of that budget is going to fat cat executives, over inflated price tabs on medicines and equipment..Lots of individuals and companies have become very fat from the bottomless money pit of the NHS.

agree totally there.
too many "business consultants" in too many hospital trusts.
I also think the use of agency nurses lines the pockets of useless recruiters at the expense of nhs. (and the nurses themselves)

Trump speaks his mind on May, Brexit, Europe, Nato and London Mayor Khan...and he's only saying what everyone thinks !(y)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/

Trump speaks his mind on what you want him to say, cv.

When he has gone home, the Brits will be left with the pieces.

What has annoyed Trump is Brussels and, like Putin, the motto is "divide and rule".

Sew discontent and life is much easier.

Trump speaks his mind on what you want him to say, cv.

When he has gone home, the Brits will be left with the pieces.

What has annoyed Trump is Brussels and, like Putin, the motto is "divide and rule".

Sew discontent and life is much easier.

Regardless of what Trump thinks. The EU is going in the wrong direction and will need to change. Why? Because the people, in increasing numbers, are telling them so.

Can you believe Trump has just played us all, the master of mixed messages, all those people hanging off his every word, dripped onto them by MSM.

Gotta love him :clap:

Can you believe Trump has just played us all, the master of mixed messages, all those people hanging off his every word, dripped onto them by MSM.

Gotta love him :clap:

I don't love him, or like him, but I respect him more than I did. He is president of a very powerful nation and has to be treated carefully.

Regardless of what Trump thinks. The EU is going in the wrong direction and will need to change. Why? Because the people, in increasing numbers, are telling them so.

! agree with you on that point, but that does not mean that the EU will break up, except as a last resort. I believe that UK has jumped the gun. She could have spent those wasted years by using her diplomatic experience more.

as an aside, I dont want to get bogged down in too many minor details.

broadly, we send 18bn, give or take a billion.
and we get back over half. give or take a billion.
(in some more detailed studies, more than half: Research briefings - Parliament)

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7886

from your figures, we have a shortfall of 9-10 billion for the nhs. (give or take a billion)
wheres that coming from? not from any total savings from the EU budget, thats for sure.

Absolutely, there are external benefits which are not represented. Non-tangible benefits. For example R&D funding for Universities and for Pharmaceuticals industries leads to consolidation of laboratories and many small firms supplying and partaking in innovative enterprises, usually located around Oxford and Cambridge as well as Surrey and Sussex.

Many will follow the money and those who don't will find doing business across borders with WTO more of a challenge with additional costs.

For example loss of potential revenue from people eating out, hotel bookings, flights and travel etc etc. Reduction in business activity will lead to reduction ancillary services of all sorts. Dry cleaning even.