Brexit and the Consequences

Well that's One argument put to bed then. :clap::clap::clap:

Just need to clamp down on health tourism next.
Then how about the foreign aid budget.

Make Great Britain great again! Nice ring to it, works for Trump. :)

Its a pity that these remain snowflakes dont have the same vision CV, trying their hardest to disrupt the process in the commons. Their the ones that will bring this country to its knees.

May needs ousting sooner rather than later, somebody (JRM ) needs to show some real leadership and whip these disrupting backbenches into line.

Well that's One argument put to bed then. :clap::clap::clap:

Just need to clamp down on health tourism next.

Then how about the foreign aid budget.

Make Great Britain great again! Nice ring to it, works for Trump. :)

And it coincides with the news that the immigration cap is to be removed for certain areas, strange that, this money will not be well spent.

Has May found a magic money tree as well? We haven’t left the EU, where is the cash coming from if it’s not coming from the EU budget?

Last edited:
And it coincides with the news that the immigration cap is to be removed for certain areas, strange that, this money will not be well spent.

Has May found a magic money tree as well? We haven’t left the EU, where is the cash coming from if it’s not coming from the EU budget?

You are right here SC, Magic Mike has found the Magic Tree :cool:

This money give away is more to do with bad publicity and Tories losing the next elections on news that pensioners are passing away on hospital corridors waiting to be seen on trollies.

Not Brexit related at all :!::!::!::!::!:

Immigration cap on some areas ie essentially medical staff, usually intakes from non-EU countries by far. So small significance on EU free movement.

Health tourism has nothing to do with Brexit either. In fact health support far better in EU. If you guys believe Europeans are simply coming over here for treatment you are mistaken.

Foreign Aid budget on the whole goes to Commonwealth, non-EU countries. I'd be interested to know to which EU countries EU gives foreign aid to if any? Another non-Brexit point.

Brexit crowds analytical ability leaves much to be desired. Can be categorised in two points;

1. hope and glory and
2. silver bullet

Last few Brexit bloggs clearly in the silver bullet camp. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Laughable. It really is. JRM only interested in his hedge fund and tax havens coz that's all he knows. You chaps are talking about the very regulations that protect your good selves. He will then pay probably no tax at all and make even more money.

Question for you Brexiteers, so where is the training budget for new nurses and doctors so we don't have to import the skills?

Nursing degree applications slump after NHS bursaries abolished

Bunch of clowns governing UK. If clowns weren't enough we have Brexiteers trolling around their heels too.

UK needs elections pronto. (y)

UK needs elections pronto.

The UK might need a new leadership but no one I can see has the ability needed.

More upskirting Chope perhaps ?

Buffoon Boris ?

Boring Moggy ?

No thanks

A re-invigorated David Cameron ? Is a possibility.

:LOL:

Buffoon Boris ?

Boring Moggy ?

No thanks

No opposition names in that list :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :whistling

Vince Cable?

Jeremy Corbyn?

Nigel Farage even?

No opposition names in that list :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :whistling

Vince Cable?

Jeremy Corbyn?

Nigel Farage even?

Maybe we need some new blood in Parlt.
The Tories and Labour have had their day and pretty much botched it.
The Liberals are hopeless.
So ??????????????????????
Farage is a good possibility imho
Maybe someone outside politics mainstream like er erm um,,,,,,,,,,,Steven Fry, Jeremy Paxman ?

This money give away is more to do with bad publicity and Tories losing the next elections on news that pensioners are passing away on hospital corridors waiting to be seen on trollies.

Immigration cap on some areas ie essentially medical staff, usually intakes from non-EU countries by far. So small significance on EU free movement.

Health tourism has nothing to do with Brexit either. In fact health support far better in EU. If you guys believe Europeans are simply coming over here for treatment you are mistaken.

Foreign Aid budget on the whole goes to Commonwealth, non-EU countries. I'd be interested to know to which EU countries EU gives foreign aid to if any? Another non-Brexit point.

Brexit crowds analytical ability leaves much to be desired. Can be categorised in two points;

1. hope and glory and
2. silver bullet

Laughable. It really is. JRM only interested in his hedge fund and tax havens coz that's all he knows. You chaps are talking about the very regulations that protect your good selves. He will then pay probably no tax at all and make even more money.

Question for you Brexiteers, so where is the training budget for new nurses and doctors so we don't have to import the skills?

Bunch of clowns governing UK. If clowns weren't enough we have Brexiteers trolling around their heels too.

I getting the gist that you think those subjects that should not be part of this thread because they are not part of Brexit are:

The NHS
Immigration
A general election​

Those that are Brexit related are:

Trade​

Anything I've missed?

Maybe we need some new blood in Parlt.
The Tories and Labour have had their day and pretty much botched it.
The Liberals are hopeless.
So ??????????????????????
Farage is a good possibility imho
Maybe someone outside politics mainstream like er erm um,,,,,,,,,,,Steven Fry, Jeremy Paxman ?

Well that says a lot about your mental frame of mind old bean.

You say Tories are hopeless and all you can come up with are Tory names. :)

Your rational judgement is failing you. Going with your other Tory names will be much like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire...

(y)

I getting the gist that you think those subjects that should not be part of this thread because they are not part of Brexit are:

The NHS
Immigration
A general election​

Those that are Brexit related are:

Trade​

Anything I've missed?

Yes much!

Sovereignty is key not trade for Brexit imo.

Then there are rules and regulations and directives which UK having created wishes to be no part of.

Pretty mixed up crowd imho. (y)

Yes much!

Sovereignty is key not trade for Brexit imo.

Then there are rules and regulations and directives which UK having created wishes to be no part of.

Pretty mixed up crowd imho. (y)

In that case, I will classify you as one of the majority of Remainers that does not want to discuss real Brexit issues as real people see them - a typical Remainer you are and one of the reasons the country finds itself in this mess in the first place.

For example, if the question of immigration had been discussed openly in the years preceding the referendum, if the immigration policies of the EU and of successive Labour and Tory govts had been transparent and openly discussed, there may have been a immigration compromise reached with 'the people'.

In addition, if Cameron had secured some compromises with the intransigent EU, especially over immigration and if Merkel hadn't opened borders in 2015 onwards, if UKIP hadn't needed to use immigration as one of their central policies, then I doubt there would be a 52/48 split in favour of leaving the EU.

But what happened was a miscalculation by the Remainer establishment over the strength of feeling related to immigration, it has not gone away, to ignore it as one of the central Brexit reasons is to just invite further trouble.

I know your interest is mostly in Trade, I have no problem with that, but to offer nothing but ignorance towards the issue of immigration is to just be burying one's head in the sand.

I doubt the issue of Sovereignty would have favoured Brexit in the referendum result had the issue of immigration been tackled correctly.

You see how this IS related to Brexit and how the EU have shot themselves in the foot, you also see the opposition to Islam growing which is also related to immigration and is tied to Brexit, more trouble ahead.

The problem will continue to get worse for as long as the Establishment and Remainers pretend a problem doesn't exist and continue to promote open borders and lack of border control.

'The People' see it differently.

1. hope and glory and
2. silver bullet

Proving a bit of a tough cookie to please Atilla, Jeez lad, Rome wasn't built in a day. :rolleyes:

Well that says a lot about your mental frame of mind old bean.

You say Tories are hopeless and all you can come up with are Tory names. :)

Your rational judgement is failing you. Going with your other Tory names will be much like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire...

(y)

I said Liberals are hopeless.

Bring back flogging imho :)

In that case, I will classify you as one of the majority of Remainers that does not want to discuss real Brexit issues as real people see them - a typical Remainer you are and one of the reasons the country finds itself in this mess in the first place.

For example, if the question of immigration had been discussed openly in the years preceding the referendum, if the immigration policies of the EU and of successive Labour and Tory govts had been transparent and openly discussed, there may have been a immigration compromise reached with 'the people'.

In addition, if Cameron had secured some compromises with the intransigent EU, especially over immigration and if Merkel hadn't opened borders in 2015 onwards, if UKIP hadn't needed to use immigration as one of their central policies, then I doubt there would be a 52/48 split in favour of leaving the EU.

But what happened was a miscalculation by the Remainer establishment over the strength of feeling related to immigration, it has not gone away, to ignore it as one of the central Brexit reasons is to just invite further trouble.

I know your interest is mostly in Trade, I have no problem with that, but to offer nothing but ignorance towards the issue of immigration is to just be burying one's head in the sand.

I doubt the issue of Sovereignty would have favoured Brexit in the referendum result had the issue of immigration been tackled correctly.

You see how this IS related to Brexit and how the EU have shot themselves in the foot, you also see the opposition to Islam growing which is also related to immigration and is tied to Brexit, more trouble ahead.

The problem will continue to get worse for as long as the Establishment and Remainers pretend a problem doesn't exist and continue to promote open borders and lack of border control.

Question for you SC...

If we have free movement of people in EU why is Merkel struggling with immigration and about to lose her seat?

Last edited:

Buffoon Boris ?

Boring Moggy ?

No thanks

Errmm so what are you trying to say here Pat?

I'll take a hotch potch shot you're not overly pleased with the Tories. Mildly appreciative perhaps. ;)

Public concern over immigration well preceded our entry into the European club although I accept that it has accelerated in recent times. It’s an easy flame to fan.

Don’t know why you should be so vituperative about remainers and blame them when it’s the policy of successive government since the 1950s you should be looking at. It’s quite typical of the way politics, particularly the remainer/brexit thing, has become so polarised, intolerant and even viciously abusive. No listening, no rational debate, just abuse of anyone who dares disagree.

I don't understand the question, can you make it more clear?

What I'm suggesting, stating is that one needs to distinguish between free movement of labour; EU migration and external non-EU migration. They are clearly not the same.

People fleeing war torn countries not the same as people seeking work or fulfilling vacancies.

Different policies need to deal with different migration types. :idea:

resource

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...ns/migrationstatisticsquarterlyreport/may2016

Don't forget nearly half are for study student places. Who pay dollops of cash to study here gain skills and contribute to economy. Other half is for work.

Really need to drill into the numbers and industries to understand migration. Not a simple issue as Brexiteers like to make out.

Last edited:
Public concern over immigration well preceded our entry into the European club although I accept that it has accelerated in recent times. It’s an easy flame to fan.

Don’t know why you should be so vituperative about remainers and blame them when it’s the policy of successive government since the 1950s you should be looking at. It’s quite typical of the way politics, particularly the remainer/brexit thing, has become so polarised, intolerant and even viciously abusive. No listening, no rational debate, just abuse of anyone who dares disagree.

I was't aware I was being vituperative towards remainers, my expression of opinion is not harsh, intolerant or viciously abusive!

My opinion appears to agree with your view. The current state of politics is such that any criticism of immigration policies leads to a shut down of debate with slurs and smears ensuing, usually by the left wing, which tend to be remainers and by the media, which tend to be the establishment mouthpieces, regardless of the position of the person hoping to debate immigration (either left, right or centrist).

I would agree with your view that immigration has been an issue since the 50's, we've seen ignorance and racism continue to this day, although the overt expression of ignorance and racism has drastically reduced because of the shutdown of debate by successive governments, the introduction of political correctness, the invention of 'hate crimes', the right not to be insulted, the reduction of free speech on social media and the invention of words such as 'Islamophobia', none of which is applied equally by the state or the instruments of state.

There is now no way of telling if the same intolerance exists as it did in the 50's and if it continues to the same extent today. If people have a legitimate right to express their views in non-racist, non-violent ways, then they aren't given a chance. My view is that remainers promote this, just as you see the reluctance to discuss immigration in the context of Brexit, they shutdown the debate often with the 'racist' term attached to it, de-platforming speakers in universities or in hustings where democracy should be taking precedence.

Interesting times to see how this will work out, interesting to see that the establishment think they can quell the thoughts of people using legislation and the media, interesting to see that from the 50's the oppression was of the left by the establishment and how that has now turned into oppression of anyone by the left and the establishment.

It's almost as if the left has taken over the establishment, regardless of which government is in power and is using the rule of law, the judiciary, the police, the intelligence agencies and the institutions to crackdown on 'free speech' to suppress the 'people'.

The role Brexit has played is to highlight the divisions that exist, the polarisation already existed, but since the debate over Europe has opened up somewhat since, people now feel the need to express themselves more. In response, the government cracks down (n)

Britain is/has been the most tolerant country in the world, for a long time, especially towards minorities, we have traditionally allowed anyone and everyone to take their place in terms of equality, we had been doing very well compared to other countries, it has been a struggle, many people have died along the way, there is now a risk of that being overturned because governments won't allow reasoned debate about subjects they deem to be politically correct.