Brexit and the Consequences

Atilla,
Sig' is absolutely spot on in what the says. If you have to resort to cheap shots then you've lost the argument and do a great disservice to fellow remainers who must drop their heads in despair when they read posts like this. You're gifting the debate to Brexiteers and that's a shame as all that subscribers to the thread perceive is you going off on one of your rants and lose sight of the often valid point(s) that you may be making. Why you persist in submitting posts like this is a mystery to me.
:(
Tim.

That's harsh Tim, I'm not bitter about anything.

I've started off by considering Galileo satellite project and response was that it is fake news and this is a ploy to integrate British army into a European army.

People will believe in all sorts of things. You are taking it out of context somewhat.

Also, I'm trying to keep Brexit on track as race and migration from all over the world is drowning out everything else. It is now more important than sovereignty, trade, rules and directives and of course lack of free speech.

I do think a little wee bit of slack in creative colourful language adds to debate. We don't want to be too dry. My bad I lack the subtly and eloquence of other esteemed members but that's down to my lack of privilege and upbringing.

I haven't had a rant for a while either so I'm due one soon (y)

Atilla,
Sig' is absolutely spot on in what the says. If you have to resort to cheap shots then you've lost the argument and do a great disservice to fellow remainers who must drop their heads in despair when they read posts like this. You're gifting the debate to Brexiteers and that's a shame as all that subscribers to the thread perceive is you going off on one of your rants and lose sight of the often valid point(s) that you may be making. Why you persist in submitting posts like this is a mystery to me.
:(
Tim.

He's actually one of the nicest guys on here Tim im sure you would agree, The fact of the matter is Atilla is fighting a lonesome battle being one of very few, dare I say, passionate remainers and often gets pushed into a corner with us brexiteer's coming at him from all angles,so its understandable the debate gets heated up a bit... I often wind him up but get it back in equal measures,:LOL:
What is needed is some more remainers drafted in to even things up a bit...:clap:

He's actually one of the nicest guys on here Tim im sure you would agree, The fact of the matter is Atilla is fighting a lonesome battle being one of very few, dare I say, passionate remainers and often gets pushed into a corner with us brexiteer's coming at him from all angles,so its understandable the debate gets heated up a bit... I often wind him up but get it back in equal measures,:LOL:
What is needed is some more remainers drafted in to even things up a bit...:clap:

Ouch!!! that really hurt... :LOL::LOL::LOL: :cry::cry::cry:

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Thank you for your kindly support Mike. I guess beggars like me can't be choosers.

Timsk are you related to Mary Whitehouse by any chance?

All I need now is some more asbo points from Arnie!

I've started off by considering Galileo satellite project and response was that it is fake news and this is a ploy to integrate British army into a European army.

Wrong and clarification needed.

Wrong because EU military unification is happening apparently with no public consultation or debate in parliament.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/series/eu-military-unification

Clarification because the Galileo narrative is concocted rather than fake, (although I'm not sure what the difference is really). The EU are trying to use it as a Brexit lever.

Answer me this, how is the EU going to perform UK military unification with the EU if the EU doesn't provide Galileo to the UK military and the UK decides to go it alone? Davis is correct to say that the EU are shooting themselves in the foot with their concocted narrative, however he concentrates on the monetry/development aspects and conveniently avoids mentioning military unification.

Both of which could be considered conspiracy, the evidence doesn't suggest so, you decide.

Last edited:
That's harsh Tim, I'm not bitter about anything.
Hi Atilla,
In the sober light of early morning I accept that my comment is a little OTT. Apologies!
;)
He's actually one of the nicest guys on here Tim im sure you would agree, . . .
Yes Mike, I agree completely.
And I accept that Atilla is often the last man standing on the remain side - which I would find a tad uncomfortable if I was in his shoes. That said, and in spite of being unnecessarily heavy handed, I think there's a grain of truth in my comment, evidenced by Sig's response to Atilla's post that I quoted. If Sig' and I are thinking pretty much the same thing then it's possible/probable that other subscribers to the thread are too. So, in my usual clumsy way, I'm trying to do Atilla a favour here - I'm not having a go at him. Honest guv!
Tim.

Hi Atilla,
In the sober light of early morning I accept that my comment is a little OTT. Apologies!
;)

Yes Mike, I agree completely.
And I accept that Atilla is often the last man standing on the remain side - which I would find a tad uncomfortable if I was in his shoes. That said, and in spite of being unnecessarily heavy handed, I think there's a grain of truth in my comment, evidenced by Sig's response to Atilla's post that I quoted. If Sig' and I are thinking pretty much the same thing then it's possible/probable that other subscribers to the thread are too. So, in my usual clumsy way, I'm trying to do Atilla a favour here - I'm not having a go at him. Honest guv!
Tim.

In the spirit of 'free speech' (if it even exists), I am happy for people to say what they like to me, they can offend, they can revert to slurs or slander, they can deflect or use any other tactic they wish, I have no desire to limit freedom of expression or otherwise unless it crosses the line into genuine hate against an individual or inciting violence etc. None of that exists on this thread as far as I can see (this is my own personal opinion, not T2Ws).

As Tim has highlighted, when no reasoned discussion can be put forward then no reasoned discussion can be moved forward, we are free to disagree with each other, but to do so without reasoned discussion is futile as it does not progress the discussion and as Tim rightly pointed out it strengthens the opposition.

I am not easily offended and on those rare occasions when I am, I'll come back with a rebuttal. I have had exchanges with Atilla for quite some time now, I enjoy it, I'm used to his style, he does not offend me and I hope I don't offend him or anyone else for that matter, all of us agree on many things and all of us disagree on many things, it's what keeps this thread lively, we've even played online Chess together when Brexit was boring :LOL:

Of course some of us engage to a certain extent in argument baiting, to get a reaction, to read each others thoughts on subjects, whether right or wrong, based on hard facts or not is enjoyable, frustrating, insightful and part of why we exist on a thread like this.

OK maybe I'm laying it on a bit thick, I'm happy with the discourse and I hope I don't offend anyone too much with any of my comments.

(y)

In the spirit of 'free speech' (if it even exists), I am happy for people to say what they like to me, they can offend, they can revert to slurs or slander, they can deflect or use any other tactic they wish, I have no desire to limit freedom of expression or otherwise unless it crosses the line into genuine hate against an individual or inciting violence etc. None of that exists on this thread as far as I can see (this is my own personal opinion, not T2Ws).

As Tim has highlighted, when no reasoned discussion can be put forward then no reasoned discussion can be moved forward, we are free to disagree with each other, but to do so without reasoned discussion is futile as it does not progress the discussion and as Tim rightly pointed out it strengthens the opposition.

I am not easily offended and on those rare occasions when I am, I'll come back with a rebuttal. I have had exchanges with Atilla for quite some time now, I enjoy it, I'm used to his style, he does not offend me and I hope I don't offend him or anyone else for that matter, all of us agree on many things and all of us disagree on many things, it's what keeps this thread lively, we've even played online Chess together when Brexit was boring :LOL:

Of course some of us engage to a certain extent in argument baiting, to get a reaction, to read each others thoughts on subjects, whether right or wrong, based on hard facts or not is enjoyable, frustrating, insightful and part of why we exist on a thread like this.

OK maybe I'm laying it on a bit thick, I'm happy with the discourse and I hope I don't offend anyone too much with any of my comments.

(y)

:LOL:

Do you think we need a Brexit safe space where all the easily offended snowflakes can gather?

:LOL:

Do you think we need a Brexit safe space where all the easily offended snowflakes can gather?

Nooo, there'd only be me and you left, the conversation would look like this:

Me: Brexit's great innit?
You: Yeah bloody great mate
Me: Great
You: Yeah great innit
Me: Yeah bloody great mate
You: Yeah great
Me: Innit?
You: Yeah

and so on :cheesy:

Nooo, there'd only be me and you left, the conversation would look like this:

Me: Brexit's great innit?
You: Yeah bloody great mate
Me: Great
You: Yeah great innit
Me: Yeah bloody great mate
You: Yeah great
Me: Innit?
You: Yeah

and so on :cheesy:

:LOL:....yeah, and after a few pages you’d have convinced yourselves despite the mounting evidence to the contrary :p

We haven't got the " I told you so " yet but give the remainers time.

Like it or lump it.
It's going to happen.

Brexit is the right choice, even lots of remainers have moved to the dark side and agree, you only have to look at the latest childish EU behaviour reported by that reliable MSM paper the mail (I'm sure this story has done the rounds before):

https://dailym.ai/2JK6bbf (EU threatens to ground ALL flights after Brexit)

It is the implementation of Brexit that is all wrong, that is not the fault of leave voters.

So, the Brexit dividend isn't going to solve the NHS problems.I was given the impression that it would.

To be paid for by tax increases, I said it was BS when the news was released this weekend!

Further movement leftwards onto Corbyn territory by the May government – without reform of the NHS (unlikely) will only help Jezza get the keys to No.10

Further movement leftwards onto Corbyn territory by the May government – without reform of the NHS (unlikely) will only help Jezza get the keys to No.10

Agreed, they just share the same ideas and then try and call each other out over the same reasons and calculations, it's almost as if the public are living in cloud cuckoo land keep voting these idiots into power.

You might as well merge the two parties, and cut the number of MP's by half, that might fund the NHS.