Brexit and the Consequences

All living north, east, south or west of Hampstead are a funny lot. Access to the sea is a problem, though.

I was under the impression that you were more than a few leagues from Große Hampstead. Perhaps you're thinking of annexing some territory? Start with Primrose Hill and work your way south to the coast and beyond:)

I was under the impression that you were more than a few leagues from Große Hampstead. Perhaps you're thinking of annexing some territory? Start with Primrose Hill and work your way south to the coast and beyond:)

What? Start learning new lingos all over again?

gunna build a great big beautiful wall across the midlands, keep them pesky northiners out :clap:

Hadrian already tried that a few moons back. Hasn't stopped the riff raff coming down though. :p

Brighton's already annexed isn't it? :idea:

No matey Brighton is a metropolitan city of cities...

Doesn't rhyme or chime with your comprehension of British values, race colour or creed.

I'd say kindly stay out but I can't bring my self to do it as we are hospitable city of truly global multicultural bohemian lifestyles of all sorts.

If all of humanity were represented on a pin, Brigthon would be right at the front of that pinpoint.

:love::love::love::love:

Enjoy :)

i360

More importantly, Bloomberg had a headline that read TM talks free trade whilst Trump puts up tariffs on steel.

Quite poignant imo. Speaks volumes.

UK turning her back on what clearly works in the hope of doing a deal with the mighty US of A when she's in decline trying to protect house made of paper dollars.

Crazy doesn't say it. :whistling

Doesn't rhyme or chime with your comprehension of British values, race colour or creed.

I'd say kindly stay out but I can't bring my self to do it as we are hospitable city of truly global multicultural bohemian lifestyles of all sorts.

If all of humanity were represented on a pin, Brighton would be right at the front of that pinpoint.

i360

Is this code for, Brighton is full of pr1cks? :LOL:

Well we have had May's speech which contained nothing new, so I figure the EU will now counter with more intransigence, which would be remarkable given that there is so much at stake for the EU. I figure there is only so much that Joe public will take before they tell the government, enough is enough, no deal, we are off.
400 days to sort everything out ! Tick tock tick tock.

Meanwhile, the Italians vote on Sunday. There will be an exit poll @ 10pm UK time.
Forex market will open at the same time with stock indices an hr later.
Should be interesting and could be quite lively (y)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43266325

I figure there is only so much that Joe public will take before they tell the government, enough is enough, no deal, we are off.

May has never been a true believer in Brexit. Even after this latest speech (and it was just another speech – just words, no more: all the necessary words were said in the Lancaster House speech over a year ago) she couldn't even (and didn't) answer one of the journalists' subsequent questions: "was Brexit worth it?" The EU see a weak player with no conviction and are taking full advantage. Who can blame them? Brexit is certainly not in their interests and if the rest get the idea that you can get away with it then the whole pack of cards collapses.

May has actually got a rather strong hand and either doesn't recognise it or refuses to play it. She reminds me of a trade which gradually descends through all the stops, obviously isn't working and its owner hasn't got the sense or the bottle to call it a day.

It's time to call their bluff.

WTO rules will be the end result. We may as well start planning for it now. I do not see ability for the UK to negotiate with the EU anything with a divided cabinet.

Get ready for Labour government is the other option coming to the UK soon enough.

If all of humanity were represented on a pin, Brigthon would be right at the front of that pinpoint.

i360

Brighton is indeed an interesting place full of interesting people. They might have some wacky ideas not all of which I would support but they certainly take the "boring" out of life. Some of my and her Ladyship's best friends are "interesting" people (though not from Brighton) and we value them just as much as all of our "not so interesting" friends. :)

Hi SuperMC,

wrt your comment yes I think that's fair observation and I'm beginning to think even if remainers have their sway we'll never hear the end of it from Eurosceptics.

I appreciate remainers are referred to as remoaners but I'm getting to the realisation that anything else other than Brexit will see another 40 years of moaning from the other half. No way to lead country.

Sadly, I fear much slow down and a painful stepping off the pedestal until the WW2 bods eventually expire and get relinquished with a brand new young and brave Brit to restore our position in Europe.

I can see a good 10-20 years of hard labour and tory soul searching before anything materialises out of this fine mess. (y)

Hi SuperMC,

wrt your comment yes I think that's fair observation and I'm beginning to think even if remainers have their sway we'll never hear the end of it from Eurosceptics.

I appreciate remainers are referred to as remoaners but I'm getting to the realisation that anything else other than Brexit will see another 40 years of moaning from the other half. No way to lead country.

Sadly, I fear much slow down and a painful stepping off the pedestal until the WW2 bods eventually expire and get relinquished with a brand new young and brave Brit to restore our position in Europe.

I can see a good 10-20 years of hard labour and tory soul searching before anything materialises out of this fine mess. (y)

Hard to see anything at all happening on the positive side given that the only One charged with that task is Fox. We need a number of trade delegation teams continually globe trotting, to start drumming up business now, so that when leave-day comes we are already transitioning from one state to another. We have another 400 sleeps before we leave. All of this is time wasted (limbo) and it comes at a time when we should be forging ahead.

Hard to see anything at all happening on the positive side given that the only One charged with that task is Fox. We need a number of trade delegation teams continually globe trotting, to start drumming up business now, so that when leave-day comes we are already transitioning from one state to another. We have another 400 sleeps before we leave. All of this is time wasted (limbo) and it comes at a time when we should be forging ahead.

Happy to see you have a plan CV...

Let me know if you need help with anything at all (y)

Happy to see you have a plan CV...

Let me know if you need help with anything at all (y)

So, i'm not sure what's going on here. All looks like ramping up the rhetoric, but i'm pretty sure it's a battle the EU can't win given Trumps intransigent nature. Either way, not good for both sides, but especially bad for the EU, given that they are still on the fixing side of their broken economy, whereas the US is well on the mend side.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43270388