Brexit and the Consequences

So, i'm not sure what's going on here. All looks like ramping up the rhetoric, but i'm pretty sure it's a battle the EU can't win given Trumps intransigent nature. Either way, not good for both sides, but especially bad for the EU, given that they are still on the fixing side of their broken economy, whereas the US is well on the mend side.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43270388

US is all bluster and paper tiger. Literally. I see the US economy as weak and will continue to weaken.

Think how it's going to compete with Airbus or in the motor industry or even in mobile devices. I'm sure most nations if they injected trillions or doubled deficits they'll have the same paper tiger economies.

Trump says China is raping US yet China's exports of steel to US is only 2% of imports so it's much a load of tosh as usual.

Reason why markets shied away is because market knows others will retaliate. EU already has.

US motor car industry already has 45% higher costs than Japanese. EU cars are more fuel efficient than big gas guzzlers. Where they are going with this is nowhere very fast. Technology gap narrowing and wars are down whilst military spending continues going up.

Trump thinks it can slap tariffs on with any country it has a trading deficit. It thinks it is going to reduce BoP deficit by reducing trade. That may work if other countries don't retaliate. I'd say we are going to see loss of markets for US goods which is what was happening anyway.

I think EU is already winning. Silk road is storming ahead. Next few decades EU trade will be to the East not West. Remember the banana wars. Here we go again.

Remember Bush and his steel tariffs... http://time.com/5180901/donald-trump-steel-aluminum-tariff/

What is more important as before, UK thinks leaving EU it will be able to establish free trading agreements with other countries. In face of US raising tariffs. This is so very important must weigh heavily on Brexiteers ideas about how they will compensate for increased burdens and WTO rules with EU. Hope it works out and they've done their calculations right.

To do something like this just when UK was doing so well and EU coming out of recession is absolute MADNESS.

Let's prepare our selves for hard times as the bloody difficult woman advises us.

Saw her full speech and I was dumb struck as to how daft it all sounded. She just kept repeating five tests and I still have no clue what they are.

Last edited:
He's not kidding....this is the reality :)

LOL - all you wonderful Brexit creatures out there clean out your ears. Listen to Moggy and how he prounounces HUGE amount of money we give to the EU and how it's going to leave a whole in their finances.

Let's look at EU budget. Google it so you see for your selves rather than hear it from our friend with God like principals (assuming God exists)...

Budget. The annual EU budget is €145 bn (2015 figures) – a large sum in absolute terms, but only about 1% of the wealth generated by EU economies every year. The budget is subject to limits established by the multiannual financial framework.

Then calculate 9bn UK net contribution against 145 which is effectively 6% of the total budget.

So EU will have to come up with 6% of 1% from their total wealth to fill that H U G E void.

Gotta laff as Moggy's grasp on huge numbers much like your graps of statistics telling us EU is in decline. Hillarious :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Saw TM trying to explain how she envisages ECJ and future trade and regulatory alignment might work giving us access to EU market.

I need help here and anyone who has watched Andrew Marr or Robert Preston morning shows can perhaps correct me.

EU is going to vote on standards, regulations and directives where UK will have no say and then those same standards, regulations and directives will be debated in Parliament where UK will decide if they wish to opt in and comply with regulatory alignment or stay out????

1. First point, we have no say in what gets drawn up
2. To all those who complained about EU having two parliaments, we UK will be adding a 3rd ie UK Parliament
3. No mention of costs
4. No mention of UK falling behind in having a heads up on future debates considerations and how they are progressing - which is what industry leaders would like to know so they can have a head start
5. No mention of how long our UK process may take in accepting or rejecting EU standards

She then goes on to say when industry leaders produce anything they always consider all international standards anyway so they comply with market regulations they wish to export to.

Is that a great much ado about nothing or what?

How bloody marvellous? Is that what they mean by independence and taking back control or jacking the towel in as we are unable to hold our markets in EU becasue our investment on training, education, new production techniques, manufacturing and strategic vision is so poor due to our leaders lack of vision.

Before I go off on another, she started her speal by stating "what I have done is set out a clear vision" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well that's my tuppence worth. (n)

Saw TM trying to explain how she envisages ECJ and future trade and regulatory alignment might work giving us access to EU market.

I need help here and anyone who has watched Andrew Marr or Robert Preston morning shows can perhaps correct me.

EU is going to vote on standards, regulations and directives where UK will have no say and then those same standards, regulations and directives will be debated in Parliament where UK will decide if they wish to opt in and comply with regulatory alignment or stay out????

1. First point, we have no say in what gets drawn up
2. To all those who complained about EU having two parliaments, we UK will be adding a 3rd ie UK Parliament
3. No mention of costs
4. No mention of UK falling behind in having a heads up on future debates considerations and how they are progressing - which is what industry leaders would like to know so they can have a head start
5. No mention of how long our UK process may take in accepting or rejecting EU standards

She then goes on to say when industry leaders produce anything they always consider all international standards anyway so they comply with market regulations they wish to export to.

Is that a great much ado about nothing or what?

How bloody marvellous? Is that what they mean by independence and taking back control or jacking the towel in as we are unable to hold our markets in EU becasue our investment on training, education, new production techniques, manufacturing and strategic vision is so poor due to our leaders lack of vision.

Before I go off on another, she started her speal by stating "what I have done is set out a clear vision" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well that's my tuppence worth. (n)

My suspicions that the Lab/Con alliance is alive and well, all on the Soros payroll, looks like I won't be leaving my house at the next election :mad:

John Major's Brexit speech was 'strangely bitter'

John Major's needs to do his homework - Jacob Rees-Mogg

My suspicions that the Lab/Con alliance is alive and well, all on the Soros payroll, looks like I won't be leaving my house at the next election :mad:

Sorry SC don't understand? What do you mean about not leaving your house re: next elections?

Sorry SC don't understand? What do you mean about not leaving your house re: next elections?

Although it's maybe a bit too early to say what I'll do (unless there's a snap election), but at the next general election, unless a party emerges that does not u-turn on just about everything, then I'm afraid that I just won't be able to bring myself to vote for anyone. :D

John Major's Brexit speech was 'strangely bitter'

John Major's needs to do his homework - Jacob Rees-Mogg

So we have John Major with fake news and Rees-Mogg is about as capable with figures as Diane Abbot (according to Atilla) who to believe ?

Although it's maybe a bit too early to say what I'll do (unless there's a snap election), but at the next general election, unless a party emerges that does not u-turn on just about everything, then I'm afraid that I just won't be able to bring myself to vote for anyone. :D

So you are ok with triplication of parliaments as per our relationship with EU? If not how do you envisage taking back control should work?

The correct place for debate is not at the main table in Brussels where we nominate MEPs but taking back control is to let the Europeans do their biz and then like picking out scraps of 2nd hand food we get to pick what we'd like to participate in and what we'd like to reject.

If we do wish to align also accept ECJ and Treaty of Rome rules that goes with trade agreements.

Is this cool with you Brexiteers out there? Does it not register what you really really want or are asking for and what it all means? :whistling

Last edited:
He does know his numbers i reckon, hes studied the stock market since a young age, has millions of pounds to play with and founded a successful investment management company which he is still a partner of.

Diane showed herself to be crap with the numbers and a total blagger!

Last edited:
So you are ok with triplication of parliaments as per our relationship with EU? If not how do you envisage taking back control should work?

The correct place for debate is not at the main table in Brussels where we nominate MEPs but taking back control is to let the Europeans do their biz and then like picking out scraps of 2nd hand food we get to pick what we'd like to participate in and what we'd like to reject.

If we do wish to align also accept ECJ and Treaty of Rome rules that goes with trade agreements.

Is this cool with you Brexiteers out there? Does it not register what you really really want or are asking for and what it all means? :whistling

Under what pretext do you think any Brexiteer would consider coming under the jurisdiction of the ECJ?

Are you so smitten with the Tory leadership that you think they are anything but Remoaners?

And if they aren’t Remoaners then they are just Bull****ters!

As in chess, always more than one move to play, a smattering of pawns have already been played, Bishop and Knight deployed, the opening moves have been made.

We are transitioning to the middle game and TM has moved her Queen in the hope that the next move by the EU will have a hint of defensiveness about it.

Triplication of Parliament? Poop poop all aboard the [champagne] train, how many youngsters are training to become civil servants?

We obviously need more Common Purpose!

Last edited:
Question now is, who will get the contract to develop a technological border between NI and the EU? Might be worth a punt? The techno academics dream job to work on that problem.

RFID, GPS, electronic counter measures, auto-gates, big data, hardware, discreet, secure, cost £billions, take years.

Trumps wall is going to be old school tech compared to what will be implemented on Britain’s only land border.

Last edited:
Should take a leaf out of Vince Cable's book and not get involved in all this politics malarkey...:LOL::LOL:

Noticeable isn't it that the only party that was in favour of remain is all but redundant. They may as well disband now and save us some taxpayer money. (y)

SNP and Lib Dems continue hemorrhaging support. No policies that are in tune with the electorate. Shame the Liberal party was hijacked in the 80's. Used to be a principled moderate force that balanced the left and right extremists, but got into bed with the wrong sort and it's been downhill ever since.