Brexit and the Consequences

The reader comments are more interesting than that puff piece of an article.

If I could be bothered commenting it would read like this.
It was Thatcher that turned the UK around as we all know very well, not the EU, as remoaners would like us to believe. :)

http://www.aei.org/publication/how-margaret-thatcher-turned-around-great-britain-in-one-chart/

Yes, Maggie turned the UK around. She made the UK a good place to do business AND she was aided immeasurably by our membership of the EU. Thus businesses could enjoy the reformed - union restricted - business climate AND the invaluable gateway into the wider European market.

The reader comments are more interesting than that puff piece of an article.

If I could be bothered commenting it would read like this.
It was Thatcher that turned the UK around as we all know very well, not the EU, as remoaners would like us to believe. :)

http://www.aei.org/publication/how-margaret-thatcher-turned-around-great-britain-in-one-chart/

Conveniently you are forgetting Reagan doubling US government debt by printing funny money.

God knows how many times I've repeated this but UK growth was export led.

Thatcher decimated manufacturing and laid the foundation of our troubles today by allowing MPs to fiddle expenses, sold national treasures turning natural monopolies to private rip off pi55 poor providers of utilities and services. She laid the foundation of our banking crises by following the USA into self regulation and big bang derivatives of infinite number of financial products to creatively fleece PSIs.

FYI UK has continued to grow since she relinquished power since 1992. You attribute UK growth to her quarter of a century after her demise.

Ignoring EU trade during that time.

It is clear that UK will continue to deteriorate in international trade and competition precisely because it does not have a manufacturing base. Manufacturing is of national significance because whether it's robots, AI, automated cars technology or whatever needs to be manufactured in some way.

As said before bleeding Tories having decimated manufacturing and sold off national jewels have now turned their attention to fessing up the finance service industry.

ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING but no amount of reason or rational or facts will sink into a vandels or hooligans mind to stop and think what they aim to accomplish by wrecking what others have built. Intoxicated with their delusional thoughts that they are above it all and somehow will achieve great heights by destroying the very bus shelter that may provide them shelter when it rains. Mind boggles. :cry::eek::-0

Conveniently you are forgetting Reagan doubling US government debt by printing funny money.

God knows how many times I've repeated this but UK growth was export led.

Thatcher decimated manufacturing and laid the foundation of our troubles today by allowing MPs to fiddle expenses, sold national treasures turning natural monopolies to private rip off pi55 poor providers of utilities and services. She laid the foundation of our banking crises by following the USA into self regulation and big bang derivatives of infinite number of financial products to creatively fleece PSIs.

FYI UK has continued to grow since she relinquished power since 1992. You attribute UK growth to her quarter of a century after her demise.

Ignoring EU trade during that time.

It is clear that UK will continue to deteriorate in international trade and competition precisely because it does not have a manufacturing base. Manufacturing is of national significance because whether it's robots, AI, automated cars technology or whatever needs to be manufactured in some way.

As said before bleeding Tories having decimated manufacturing and sold off national jewels have now turned their attention to fessing up the finance service industry.

ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING but no amount of reason or rational or facts will sink into a vandels or hooligans mind to stop and think what they aim to accomplish by wrecking what others have built. Intoxicated with their delusional thoughts that they are above it all and somehow will achieve great heights by destroying the very bus shelter that may provide them shelter when it rains. Mind boggles. :cry::eek::-0

If you had read the link I posted earlier you would have seen that the UK is 9th in manufacturing, marginally behind France and Italy.

This nonsense you keep posting about the UK not having any manufacturing. :rolleyes:

If you had read the link I posted earlier you would have seen that the UK is 9th in manufacturing, marginally behind France and Italy.

This nonsense you keep posting about the UK not having any manufacturing. :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42633502

Taking numbers out of context. Take a 20% drop in currency as the globe dumps sterling in fear of Brexit and by looking at one side of the coin you claim justification for your Brexit. Really?

UK propensity to import > export on current account. BoP still a deficit.

This is a little like after 6 months of fall in PMI some Brexiteer claims fastest increase in one month which represents like 25% of total falls. Laughable. Yeah I know let's focus on the positives. We can do this tosh.

Ignore the falls or rise in imports costs importing inflation raising interest rates and just focus on rise in exports due to fall in exchange rate.

You and numbers and your self claimed expertise really should go in jokes section. ;)

PS Those manufacturing numbers includes car production and exports which is up for Brexit migration to other EU countries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42633502

Taking numbers out of context. Take a 20% drop in currency as the globe dumps sterling in fear of Brexit and by looking at one side of the coin you claim justification for your Brexit. Really?

UK propensity to import > export on current account. BoP still a deficit.

This is a little like after 6 months of fall in PMI some Brexiteer claims fastest increase in one month which represents like 25% of total falls. Laughable. Yeah I know let's focus on the positives. We can do this tosh.

Ignore the falls or rise in imports costs importing inflation raising interest rates and just focus on rise in exports due to fall in exchange rate.

You and numbers and your self claimed expertise really should go in jokes section. ;)

PS Those manufacturing numbers includes car production and exports which is up for Brexit migration to other EU countries.

Do you like my updated signature? :LOL:

Jumping the gun.

Get behind the line before EU disqualifies you from voting in the common market. :cheesy:

Brexit: Just like the Hotel California - "You can check out any time you like, But you can never leave!"

I suspect that Barnier's meddling in UK-Irish politics will have a similar effect to that of Project Fear, which helped sway the Leave vote.

History shows us that the Brits are often at their best when their backs are against the wall! :clap:

I suspect that Barnier's meddling in UK-Irish politics will have a similar effect to that of Project Fear, which helped sway the Leave vote.

History shows us that the Brits are often at their best when their backs are against the wall! :clap:

LOL - more words.

Let me translate that for you...

Vous voulez dire gauche sans options

How very noble. Good stance to take up. I don't like your position or where you are coming from. Hey if it makes you feel good, why not? :)

LOL - more words.

Let me translate that for you...

Vous voulez dire gauche sans options

How very noble. Good stance to take up. I don't like your position or where you are coming from. Hey if it makes you feel good, why not? :)

I like his position (y)

EU won't win any trench warfare battle....we will just send in the drones with some mustard gas (y)

I like his position (y)

EU won't win any trench warfare battle....we will just send in the drones with some mustard gas (y)

Horrible vile thought and once again you show your true colours even if in jest.

How very noble and heroic of you. Once again cap in hand Brits danced and partied on the streets when war was declared against Germany.

Here enjoy this...

Don't forget large numbers of these poor souls who partied about going to kick Hanns ar5e were also shot for cowardice and quite a few tortured as part of their treatment.

:cry:

Horrible vile thought and once again you show your true colours even if in jest.

How very noble and heroic of you. Once again cap in hand Brits danced and partied on the streets when war was declared against Germany.

Here enjoy this...

Don't forget large numbers of these poor souls who partied about going to kick Hanns ar5e were also shot for cowardice and quite a few tortured as part of their treatment.

:cry:

Please don't post the other 3 parts, my old ticker can't take it no more.

I see Bliar is sticking his nose in again, I wonder how much Soros pays him to submit his monthly timesheet. Useless as a Prime Minister, even more useless now, he's the equivalent of the Clinton's, a laughing stock.

I'm just wondering what boozy drink I can buy now that will be perfectly aged by March 19, I won't care if it's snowing, I'm gonna do a outdoors naked Brexit dance so I can show my British **** to those Euro eejits.

Talking of eejits have you seen the latest plan for the Irish? It will be interesting to see what happens if there are no border checks, will they make it across the sea to Skye I wonder?

http://freewestmedia.com/2018/02/27/irish-government-paid-media-for-good-news-about-mass-migration/

I see Bliar is sticking his nose in again, I wonder how much Soros pays him to submit his monthly timesheet. Useless as a Prime Minister, even more useless now, he's the equivalent of the Clinton's, a laughing stock.

Blair should crawl back under his stone and think himself lucky that he's not been prosecuted for war crimes. How many lives have been wasted on account of him? Terrible guy who should go down in history as one of our worst Prime Ministers.

I wouldn't give the time of day to any of his opinions. (n)

Blair should crawl back under his stone and think himself lucky that he's not been prosecuted for war crimes. How many lives have been wasted on account of him? Terrible guy who should go down in history as one of our worst Prime Ministers.

I wouldn't give the time of day to any of his opinions. (n)

Had the best strategic vision of all those I heard, but a useless “completer/finisher”. The war was all about stopping state sponsored terrorism by hitting one of the worst offenders - not a justifiable reason so WMD had to be invented to facilitate. It worked, too, but Blair can never brag about it so has to suffer all the WMD brickbats.

Had the best strategic vision of all those I heard, but a useless “completer/finisher”. The war was all about stopping state sponsored terrorism by hitting one of the worst offenders - not a justifiable reason so WMD had to be invented to facilitate. It worked, too, but Blair can never brag about it so has to suffer all the WMD brickbats.

WMD was one of his lesser deeds - after all, it was just straightforward political lies and there was nothing new about that. So it was all about stopping state-sponsored terrorism? He has himself admitted that without the Iraq war there would have been no Islamic State - so I can't understand what he achieved there. There's a good explanation here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...t-without-the-iraq-war-there-would-be-no-isis

"It worked" - you're having a laugh aren't you? Just look at the state of the world now. "Blair can never brag about it" - the only thing Blair can brag about is how clever he was to con the electorate 3 times in a row, IMHO.

Don't forget large numbers of these poor souls who partied about going to kick Hanns ar5e were also shot for cowardice and quite a few tortured as part of their treatment. :cry:

Aksherly, not that many (relatively speaking) were executed for cowardice. A few hundred at most - a mere bagatelle when one considers that some 20,000 died on the first day of the battle of the Somme.

WMD was one of his lesser deeds - after all, it was just straightforward political lies and there was nothing new about that. So it was all about stopping state-sponsored terrorism? He has himself admitted that without the Iraq war there would have been no Islamic State - so I can't understand what he achieved there. There's a good explanation here: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...t-without-the-iraq-war-there-would-be-no-isis

"It worked" - you're having a laugh aren't you? Just look at the state of the world now. "Blair can never brag about it" - the only thing Blair can brag about is how clever he was to con the electorate 3 times in a row, IMHO.

It worked in the sense that leaders - like Gadaffi - backed off from sponsoring terrorism. Islamic State may have been an unintended consequence so, as you say, we've not finished up any better off.

It worked in the sense that leaders - like Gadaffi - backed off from sponsoring terrorism. Islamic State may have been an unintended consequence so, as you say, we've not finished up any better off.

I'd certainly concede that Blair meant well (as so many people with God on their side do) – and if he'd finished off all state sponsored terrorism for good, the world would be much better place now and he would probably be a hero. But I've always detected a certain desire for greatness and admiration by Blair – after all, don't all "great" politicians have successful wars? – And I suspect this is what he was after.

I think the sad thing about Blair (forget his politics – that's all just a matter of opinion isn't it?) is that he was a very clever man who could carry a nation with him but it didn't in the long run achieve all that much. But that's just my view. How about this counterfactual: if Blair had been Prime Minister during the 1930s and put a stop to Adolf, he actually would have been a great man but without World War II to prove it, we wouldn't have known .............

As always Barjon, a pleasure to hear your views.:)