S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2022

Hi Everyone,

Here are the SPX500-Cash weekly close forecasts for week 7.

We have 4 bulls v 7 bears. I-Cat's Paw-I leads the bulls against CavaliereVerde who is the most bearish. There is a 249 tick variance in the forecasts.

1644949313749.png

Wishing you all good prosperous trading and happy days... :)

Att's only gone and nicked the gold again !

Quite a collection you have there.

Thanks CV, about to do write up next.

My secret is pivot points. Woodie's PPs works best for me.

They are really g8 for establishing S/R levels. Once prices start moving they more often than not come to rest at key S/R levels. PPs are good at guessing those, because nobody really knows do they. So it's follow the herd mentality.

That's my pov anyhow. 👍

Yay!!! I get to take third gold of the year, missing bulls eye by 3 ticks. By my past record, this is a cracking start to the competition for me and the year. Happy days... 👏👏

CV takes the silver and Weighted Average captures the bronze. Good call CV and the team. 👏👍

1645274141817.png

Week 7 - Results
1645268802396.png

League Table
1645274323655.png

Well... CV and I are not joint first with yours trully leading on gold medal difference.

I do think the difference between Weighted Average and simple mean Average is quite telling, so our metrics are working fine.

The Trend Following System BB_Tfs version 2 is also working quite nicely in third place. In trending markets it does do quite well.

Keep them forecasts coming folks and don't forget to check out the weather forecasts too. Power-cuts where we are down Brighton way.... Oooohhh.... The waves were awesome. Stay safe, keep fresh.

Last edited:
Here are the forecasts for week 8 - in the Weekly SPX500 Cash Call League.

We have 5 bulls and 6 bears. Captain Currency is the horniest bull versus CV who is the most grizzliest of the paw paws.

Once against interesting to see mean Average is long and weighted Average is short. About 15 points between them. The field is split.

Wishing you all best of fortune and prosperous trading for the week.

1645552979355.png

fwiw - I feel we are in a bear market. Happy we don't have a crash but just seeing the gradual shavings off the froth. I've sold 1/3rd of my portfolio last Friday. Not sure if it's wise to hold cash in these inflationary times but prefer to lose a little value and forego dividends than face substantial drop.

Markets look like they have factored in the Russia move into Ukraine. Just hoping US and UK don't do anything foolish but simply talk tosh. That's my tuppance worth.