S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2022

Here you go ladies and gentlemen, week 5 forecasts in the SPX500 Leauge Competition.

We have 3 bulls and 6 bears with 3 absentees.

I-Cat's Paw-I leads the charge of the bulls versus 1nvest who is the most bearish. Forecast range is 205 and reflects last two weeks actual trading range.

Wishing you all a prosperous trading week and a happy new lunar year tomorrow. 👏 👏 :D :love::D👏 👏

1643661186181.png

Thank you very much for your kind consideration but far too late now. In the past when the position at the top gets tight we have had sealed forecasts so tactical voting doesn't take place.

With more players I reckon it might be so again, unless the call is an hour or so late maybe. But not this late.

Much appreciated but I'm happy to sit out.

If I did have a go , would have gone for a short as I thought I saw three crows. :)

Last edited:
Well done to I-Cat's Paw-I who takes the gold medal this week with an optimistic bullish forecast. Amazing stuff! Good call. 👏 👏 (y)

The Black Box Trend Following System takes the silver medal pipping Oscar Reed by 0.8 of a tick.

As it happens - I-Cat's Paw-I winning this week, with the Chinese new year, what it being the year of the pussy cat n all is fortunate. How grand is that? Just googled it to confirm and this turned up. "Your financial luck isn't too bad this year but you may be overshadowed by negative emotions." :D:eek::love:👍

1644012890201.png

1644012693546.png

League Table as of Week 5
1644013197091.png

Well that was lucky for me. Saved a point by forgetting to enter forecast. Yay :)

PS. Really pleased with trend following system and Weighted Average leading the mean average. Shows the metrics are working well. Or rather just simply working better than the average of all forecasts.

:)

Hi Everyone,

First off welcome to our new forecaster MacTheRiverRat, 2nd most bullish forecaster this week.

We have 5 bulls and 7 bears.

I seem to be most bullish and Captain Currency the bearish. The estimated forecast range is in the 280s so big difference in opinions. The actual Trading Range is around 180 so markets are not exactly in agreement. Ooohhhh....

1644347861797.png

Wishing you all good prosperous trading. :)

1nvest finally finds his mojo again, taking the gold spot on week 6, coming off the floor with 4 valuable points. 👏 👏 👍

CavalierVerde takes his second silver medal and LongVision the bronze bucket. 👏👏. Good call guys.

1644666906020.png

Results for Week 6
1644667135898.png

League Table
1644667199318.png

There has been a change at the top this week. CV overtakes me by one point.

Average points has risen to 1.2

Quite sad really as until Friday this was almost in the bag for the bulls. On soooo many occasions now Friday often swings to the other side. Might be interesting to brake down the ATR swing ranges for days of the week.

Keep them forecasts coming. :) 👍👏