S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2022

What an unbelievable turn once again on Friday to an extra ordinary week.

The mean Average metric takes the gold prize. Well done to all us for getting that one. :giggle::giggle:πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Oscar takes the silver medal in second spot and I-Cat's Paw-I the bronze bucket. Both of them over-zealous and even more bullish than the market closing higher than last week. Great nutty call guys. Well done. πŸ‘ :giggle::giggle:πŸ‘

1645874876075.png

1645835171427.png

PS. Noticed a calculation error for the BB_TFS trend following system which should have been a short call so corrected that. Incase anyone notices change in numbers between forecast and results screen shots. :)

League Table after Week 8.
1645875068353.png

1. I still lead the table on gold medal difference.
  2. Average points in the field has risen to 2.2.
  3. Scores suggest LongVision's forecasting is out of synch with market moves. Look at rows 14 & 31. Comparing those with your own is always interesting to see. πŸ’‘

Well next week is going to be interesting. Where does the market go after these events???

Have a good weekend y'all now...

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Please find the forecasts for Week 9 below.

We have 4 bulls and 7 bears. Big variation in forecasts this week, up to 348 ticks. Divergence of opinion forming there. Average variance is 238. Actual average variance is 179. I guess volatility is increasing with big swings.

I-Cat's Paw-I is leading the charge for the bulls with LongVision the most bearish.

May the force be with you...

1646065890157.png

Hi Guys,

Have great news this week. Sharky is back "with a vengence" as they say in the movies.

The competition will be receiving $300 p/a to issue as prize money for this year.

Sharky has also kindly agreed to pay $300 for last years winners. Yay!

The prize money distribution is paid in Amazon vouchers and emailed in the following ratios:

Quarter 1 - paid to person winning the quarter --- $50
Quarter 2 -------------------------------------------- $50
Quarter 3 -------------------------------------------- $50
Quarter 4 -------------------------------------------- $50
End of year winner ---------------------------------- $50
End of year runner up ------------------------------- $30
End of year third place ------------------------------ $20

----------------------------------Total Prize Money- $300

Start sharpening your forecasting pencils.

New starters to the competition stand equal chances of winning the quarterly $50 Amazon voucher for coming first.

Those who started the competition in January and get most points over-all obviously stand greater chance of winning end of year $100 prize spread over 3 best forecasters.

Last edited:
Well done to 1nvest who takes his 2nd gold medal of the year and 4 prized points. 1nvest was just 0.13 of a tick away from the Friday close at 4328.87. Super call. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ (y) :D πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Average took silver and CV get the bronze and takes the lead on the league table. (y) :D (y)

1646497162380.png

1646496812532.png

League table - end of week 9
1646496889519.png

Just three more forecasts before someone takes the $50 Amazon prize voucher. The competition has a maximum of 12 points available to play for so quite open for takers.

Have a fab weekend y'all now... :)

Hi Guys,

We have 6 bulls and 2 bears with 3 forecasters missing in action globe trotting the world. As it happens I seem to be the most bullish and CV feeling mighty paw-ish. Is he cleverer than your average bear?

Results on Friday could determine whether he takes the quarter, winning $50 or loses the lead. Oooohhhh!

1646690813999.png

Wishing you all good prosperous trading and all the good thingymijigs in life. :)

Well done to CV (Counter Violent) who takes the prized gold spot this week with a bear call. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ :giggle: πŸ‘ πŸ‘ (y)

The trend following android takes the silver spot. Well done BB :love:

1647095744142.png

CV is now firmly in the lead with 8 points difference from the next fab forecaster Atilla. Only two week forecasts left so all CV has to do is not make a call and yours trully get two golds and win on gold medal difference. What is the chance of that happening? Zilch maybe. :)

1647094645938.png

League and Medals table after week 10
1647096111240.png

Keep those forecasts coming. Remember points count towards end of year prizes too.

Last edited: