S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2021

Hello to you outstanding forecasters,

We have a 50/50 this week with 4 bulls and 4 bears. Weighted Average is a bear so the odds are it may well be a down week. What a topsy turvey world we live in.

Wishing you all good luck and prosperous trading. :giggle:

1631652876959.png

CV have you noticed the Weighted Average forecast this week?

Honestly, that's what the system through up. :love:

OMG o_O The GREAT NUMBER 4444.4 thrashed out by the Weighted Average android takes gold this week. CV eat your heart out the lover of number 4 that you are.

Oscar Reed extends his lead at the top by taking Silver and Trend Following black box takes the bronze. Well done Oscar 👏👏. Sandwiched between the two android metrics. :)

1631912955281.png

1631911538913.png

Hi guys,

We have 2 bulls and 6 bears this week.

Likely to be topsy turvy and more turdy I reckon but the Fed and China hold all the aces. Keep your eyes open and ears to the ground. Can you smell it? The ominous presence of funny stuff in the air me thinks... :)

Wishing you all happy prosperous trading.

1632180448879.png

Hi Guys,

I think this week was the last week in Quarter 3 as next Friday is 1st of October. So here are the results.

CV takes the gold medal for week 39 and Oscar Reed remarkably comes close second taking silver with the 'magic number'.

Well done to the only two bulls in a freaky scary market. Maybe it's just me with a weak constitution :) but this market is unbelievable. Can a tiny weany rate rise really take the market down??? I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

1632560809266.png

1632561048579.png

The Quarter 3 - SPX Weekly Forecasting Winner for 2021 is

1632562502628.png

Oscar takes the top spot with 28 points, earning 3 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze medals in the quarter. It was not an easy quarter with quite a few changes in market direction. Well done Oscar Reed. 👏 👏

1nvest came in 2nd place with 18 points, earning 3 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze medals.

In third place the Weighted Average metric did quite well with 13 points. This effectively means, collectively we make better forecasts as the average points for the field was 6.6. Together we are twice as better as alone.

1632562616637.png

1632563171217.png

Once again well done to all the forecasters and hope you all sharpen your thoughts for Quarter 4 for 2021 which will kick off next week.

Last but not least a special welcome to our new forecaster @jeffre5 who got direction wrong and loses a point. However, the best time to start is at the start of a quarter when points are zero-ed.

Quarterly points do count for the end of the year tally but for the quarterly competition, it is a level start to all participants.

$50 Amazon voucher will go to Oscar Reed and I'll put a reminder to Sharky next.

👍:giggle:👍