S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2021

Hi Everyone, sorry for the belated update but here are the forecasts for Week 18.

We have 4 bulls and 5 bears this week. The Average, WAvg and the Black Box trend following system are all in the bear camp. However, with the earnings coming out will the SPX500 defy gravity and continue its upward momentum. I do hope so.

Wishing you all prosperous trading...

1619651328474.png

LexCorp is 'the' forecaster hitting five consecutive podium spots with three golds and two silvers. He takes the gold this week again just 6 points aways from a 1 point rise in the SPX500 cash call. WELL DONE LexCorp! (y) 😀(y)

Oscar Reed takes the silver and Nowler the bronze bucket. Well deserved points for both. (y)(y)

1619872085142.png

(As it happens we also discovered three fox cubs in our garden this week. Although this pic is off the internet. Our ones smaller and have darker furs. Oh what joy :) )

1619871532495.png

Here is the current league table with a capture of Quarter 1 points and winners too.

1619871698982.png

Have a g8 BH weekend y'all now and may the fire in your BBQ's burn strong and bright. :)

Well done to Oscar who takes gold this week with an outstanding lonely call, just 2.6 ticks away from Friday close. (y) 😀(y)

Black Box Trend Following System is the only other forecast to go long at these dizzying heights and take silver. The bronze points just lost in space.

1620587608423.png

I'm sorry it has been a buzy week and I did not get a chance to do the forecast write up at the start of the week.

Here is the league table at end of week 19.

1620587686960.png

On another piece of irrellevant news update, apparently we have 5 fox cubs in our garden. Partners joy turned to shock horror as she discovers pooh and attempts to clean up. They are literally like real babies. On positives, we are seeing less cat pooh for now. Also, additional wild life, variety of birds visiting regularly to feast on 5* fox gourmet meals.

(y)

Here are the forecasts for Week 20 in Quarter 2. Nowler is the most bullish against CV the big bear.

We have 7 bulls and 2 bears with a 132 point variance in the forecast.

1620810750928.png

I thought this was a good headline with some points but with soooo much cash washing around in the system where else is there to put ones lollies that's going to make any returns.

1620811056920.png

I have a small theory which goes like this. Inflation and in products, electricals and food have fallen and demand is saturated. I feel inflation is taking place in the various investment class of assets but there is nothing to track this phenomenon.

Is Facebook, Apple, Amazon and the other tech stocks really worth their value? If they went bust how would my life change? Anyhow we are all in the cusp of a new era of asset inflation but yet to wake up to it.

Wishing you all a good week and presporous trading. :)

CV takes gold this week with yours truly in 2nd place for the silver medal. Yay. (y)(y)

The rest of the field including the weighted metrics were all wrong footed.

1621178471505.png

Here is the updated league table.

1621178217250.png

LexCorp leads the competiton with 7 points for Quarter 2 with 6 weeks to go to end of June. The field is still open for positions to change.
1621178602277.png

:)