S&P500 - Weekly Forecasting Competition for 2021

Hi Everyone,

Delighted to see new and old names to the competition welcome and thank you for taking part. More the merrier. (y) :cool:(y)

Below is the forecasts for this week and the leader board - led by 1nvest.

I have added Weighted Average (WAVG) and simple Average (AVG) to the competition. This is to see how we compare to the crowd.

I'm also having a little play with a Black Box system I'm trialling out with some weird and wonderful ideas.
It is called BB_TFS.

There are now 10 forecasters - 3 of which are - Androids so to speak created out numbers.

We have 4 bulls and 6 bears this week with a larger forecast variance of 135 points.

Wishing you all good trading for the week ahead and best of everything :)

1613427693094.png

Last edited:
Well done to a our old timer Oscar Reed who takes the gold medal this week squeezing in between Weighted Average and Simple Average forecasts.

Oscar has also come within a cat's whisker of missing bulls eye by -0.71 point. I checked the records sheet but sadly he is 4th closest of all time (see record holders at bottom of post.).

WA takes the 2nd silver spot and AVG takes the bronze medal in third place. Great call and the forecasting group looks like they may be a good all round mix. (y) (y)(y)

1613823330042.png

Market seems stunted at the mo with actual variance for the week at just 27 points. Last week it was 32. Does this mean the market is happy with current valuations and everything is hunky dory. Buyers and sellers can't see much difference. and all agreed on prices??? Heard some rumours about a 10% correction! Really??? Awaiting with interest for next weeks forecasts.

On the league table, Oscar has taken first place with WA in second.

1613824063623.png

1613822859175.png

Wishing you all a good weekend. There's a heat wave coming to the UK so don't forget your sun-creams... :cool:

You can cast your forecasts up until US markets open which is usually until 2:30pm London time on Monday.

So no you are not late.

The rules will be relaxed at the beginning start of the competition. However, as it gets to the end they will be strictly enforced. I will leave it up to you all to say whether one person's vote should be included or not so everyone is happy.

I'm going with 3889 this week.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Here are week 9 forecasts.

CV is the most bullish and Barjon the bearish. There are 66 point difference in their forecasts. We have 4 ups and 6 downs.

Weighted and Simple Averages very close to each other this week. Very curious how this week will pan out.

Wishing you all good fortunes and happy trading. (y)

1614024187834.png

Well done to Barjon, who takes the gold spot this week and second place on the league table with a total of 5 points.

Atilla (just look at me :p) gets the silver and Nowler takes the bronze. True superstars ... :):):)

1614425415546.png

Oscar Reed leads the league table. Good to see Weighted Average up there in the top free. Sadly the Black Box BB indicator is doing very poorly in last place. Will tweak it this week and come out with a Version 2.

1614426019616.png

Wishing you all a good weekend.

3792 - I think the markets are on supped-up injections of all kinds of weird sh!t n stuff. Errm that's a TA term. :p

How long can it be maintained is coming into question after all these years... Can it go on for ever? Don't see why not?

It's raining money...

3792 - I think the markets are on supped-up injections of all kinds of weird sh!t n stuff. Errm that's a TA term. :p

How long can it be maintained is coming into question after all these years... Can it go on for ever? Don't see why not?

It's raining money...

3868 pour moi s'il vous plait

How very strange...

We are still missing Pat...

1614541503156.png

Looks like he was having girlfriend trouble around October time and now I'm wondering if she's knocked him out to inherit his trading wealth or somefink???

Pat if you are lurking in another alias send us a sign matey. :cool:

I know I'm a little late!
Sorry!

If nobody has objections then I'd like to go with 3800.

I understand if anyone has objections