S&P 500 free weekly competition for 2019 with PRIZES

2620 please

1 minute in :unsure:

* new rule: each competitor is allocated 2 jokers, one joker can be played once per half year, split Jan-Jun and Jul-Dec, the joker allows for a late entry up to and including the 35 minute timestamp (e.g. 36 minute timestamp and later = no entry and joker forfeited). A bonus point is awarded to each player that has not played a joker at the end of the 2nd and 4th quarters. If a player has a timestamp of 31 minutes or later and no jokers to play, then the entry is not allowed.

This weeks running order sees Atilla maintaining a healthy 7 points in the lead, only a 3rd of the way through the first quarter so all to play for still, neither is it too late for any new entrants that might wish to play, good luck everyone (y)

S&P500 Forecasts 01 Feb 19
SP500 Weekly forecasts 01Feb19.png

Last edited:
Although I think you’ll find that my entry was posted at 13.31uk time, a full 59 minutes before the open, I do appreciate your spirit of generosity (y)

Maybe we need a sort of reverse Mike Tyson for when the competition admin forget the dates of US public holidays or get their times mixed up? :unsure:

Thinking of making the scoring more 'trading' like from the beginning of next quarter. As in trading you are rewarded for taking profit on target, in this competition, you should be rewarded for being close to target and penalised the further away you are (just as a trade would be taken out, hitting the stops),

What is the consensus for the following?

Bonus points (remain to be awarded regardless of direction)

Gold medal - full 3 points if forecast within 15.00 points of target, 2 points if within 15.01-25.00 points of target, 1 point if within 25.01-35.00 points of target, 0 points for 35.01 points or more away from target.

Silver medal - full 2 points if forecast within 25.00 points of target, 1 points if within 25.01-35.00 points of target, 0 points for 35.01 points or more away from target.

Bronze medal - full 1 point if forecast within 35.00 points of target, 0 points for 35.01 or more away from target.

Correct direction
+1 point within 50.00 points of target
0 points 50.01 or more away from target

Wrong direction remains at -1 point with an extra -1 if 50.01 or more away from target

Last edited:
Although I think you’ll find that my entry was posted at 13.31uk time, a full 59 minutes before the open, I do appreciate your spirit of generosity (y)

I'm just looking for any excuse to implement punitive rules :LOL:

Maybe we need a sort of reverse Mike Tyson for when the competition admin forget the dates of US public holidays or get their times mixed up? :unsure:

These damned time zones, I am beating myself up as i write :oops::oops:

Your joker is still intact :);)

@Mike takes Gold with a well deserved 4 points propelling him to second place overall and is the first this year to pick up a full complement of medals. @wackypete2 picks up a second Silver and @Atilla brings up the rear with a Bronze whilst maintaining the overall lead on a total of 9 points, well done chaps.

The rest were just meh! Too many bears, too much pessimism and it has cost dearly with 7 competitors losing a point this week, however, we are only just reaching half way through the first quarter of 2019 and as @Mike has demonstrated, fortunes can spin on a dollar at the drop of a hat.

Well done @Mike
Frog & 2 snails.jpg

SP500 Weekly results 01Feb19.png