S & P 500 free weekly competition for 2020 with cash prizes

Pat494

Legendary member
Welcome all to the opening of the 2020 S&P 500 weekly forecast competition.

The competition is open to all forum members and is free to enter, no catches, no spam, no hard sells, just make a prediction for the close of the S&P500 cash market on a weekly basis to be in with a chance to win a prize and bragging rights. Joining the competition can be made at any time throughout the year just by posting a forecast in this thread, your name and forecast will then appear on the published spreadsheet along with all other competitors, the earlier you join in the year/quarter, the more of a chance of winning a prize, its never too late to join to be in with a chance.

Sharky has kindly offered $500 in prizes for 2020 that's split $100 each quarter plus another $100 for the overall year winners. Annual Prize distribution will remain the same.
---------- 1st place - $50
---------- 2nd place - $30
---------- 3rd place - $20 .

A simple set of rules govern the running of the competition:
1. The closing price of the S&P 500 cash index is used at the end of each week
2. Make a price forecast anytime between the close of the previous week and before the opening bell of the first trading day of the following week, post your forecast in this thread
3. No late entries accepted
4. Sealed bids are allowed (PM me)

Last edited:
Sorry made a typo and put 2920 instead of 2020 !! in the title.
Entries in by 2.30pm 31st December please.

Last edited:
Sorry made a typo and put 2920 instead of 2020 !! in the title.
Entries in by 2.30pm 31st December please.

As the thread starter, you may be able to " edit thread", alternatively, contact LM or T333 and they can edit for you.

Hi Guys,

Still no regular time to look at / manage the spreadsheet I'm afraid. If time becomes available at a later date I'll come back to this thread and start it off again.

Otherwise wishing you all a Happy New 2020 and good trading. :love: :D(y)

I hope CV will take it on.
It needs someone with Excel to do the spreadsheet. Which I haven't got.

I hope CV will take it on.
It needs someone with Excel to do the spreadsheet. Which I haven't got.

Excel or any other spreadsheet program online or offline, paid or free (eg google docs, libreoffice etc) doesn't matter.

3256 pls
Someone else will have to do it until I have finished the course. Brain cells permitting.

Last edited:
I hope you guys aren't waiting on me ?
The so called free spreadsheet took 6.5 hours to download and then self deleted when I didn't donate.
Aaaah I haven't the patience. So unless Atilla , Sc or another can step in it's R.I.P. competition.

Just as a temporary fix I make the table as nearest :-
1st week
Signalcalc - 3
CV - 2
Wackypete - 1