S&P 500 free weekly competition for 2019 with PRIZES

Signalcalc

Veteren member
Welcome all to the opening of the 2019 S&P 500 weekly forecast competition.

The competition is open to all forum members and is free to enter, no catches, no spam, no hard sells, just make a prediction for the close of the S&P500 cash market on a weekly basis to be in with a chance to win a prize and bragging rights. Joining the competition can be made at any time throughout the year just by posting a forecast in this thread, your name and forecast will then appear on the published spreadsheet along with all other competitors, the earlier you join in the year/quarter, the more of a chance of winning a prize, its never too late to join to be in with a chance.

Sharky has kindly offered $500 in prizes for 2019 that's split $100 each quarter plus another $100 for the overall year winners. Annual Prize distribution will remain the same.
---------- 1st place - $50
---------- 2nd place - $30
---------- 3rd place - $20 .

A simple set of rules govern the running of the competition:
1. The closing price of the S&P 500 cash index is used at the end of each week
2. Make a price forecast anytime between the close of the previous week and before the opening bell of the first trading day of the following week, post your forecast in this thread
3. No late entries accepted
4. Sealed bids are allowed (PM me)

Scoring:
+1 point for getting direction correct from previous week
-1 for wrong direction.
0 points if price remains exactly the same

Bonus scores (regardless of direction):
3 points for nearest prediction
2 points for second nearest
1 point for third nearest

Good Luck :D

SC.

Last edited:
I guess you mean to change the rules a bit with

I guess you mean to change the rules a bit with

Well spotted [emoji3]

Because of this change, the focus is still rewarding an accurate forecast without a total loss for incorrect direction, not sure what effect this will have overall, it may make it more competitive!?

Happy New Year runners and riders, time is short, get your forecasts in before the opening bell today and get the year off to a good start.

2019 year of pig.jpg

2500 for moi :)

File sent to you SC.

Addenda... just checking and saw this waiting for me to hit POST Reply. I could have sworn I did this last night when I sent the file to SC.

Oh boy. First blooper of the year :(

Happy new year everyone. :love:(y):love:(y):love:

Here are the forecasts for 04 Jan 19, good luck everyone.

Attachments

• SP500 Weekly forecasts 04Jan19.png
    SP500 Weekly forecasts 04Jan19.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 443
2500 for moi :)

File sent to you SC.

Addenda... just checking and saw this waiting for me to hit POST Reply. I could have sworn I did this last night when I sent the file to SC.

Oh boy. First blooper of the year :(

Happy new year everyone. :love:(y):love:(y):love:

Hi Att, I received the file on Sunday with your forecast, so all is good for this week [emoji481]

No averages......yay (y)

PS , did you really get Att's file and forecast on Sunday? :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I was just about to give him a double dose of the Mike Tyson meme:)

I don't understand what happened or where I went wrong. But in all honesty I didn't change that forecast since I worked on the sheet and SPX500 at the same time as I sent it off.

Phew... I was anxiously ready for the humiliation in sorts sorrounded by lots of spirits of the good kind :) :love: :)