S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2018 with PRIZES!

ITMS gotta big rez in that area

Alongside your super thread Dentist good to see you visit this one. :)

It would be great to have your weekly forecasts in our little Competition.

By the way you can only make one call??? 2840 or 2870... I'll take the last one as SPX certainly seems to have it's tail on fire storming ahead like there's no tomorrow. :cheesy:

However, we do need your forecasts before market opens on Monday as to what you think it will be by close of week on Friday.

There are quarterly $100 Amazon vouchers in prize money. Not sure if you can buy Stella Artois with them but why not eh? (y)

Hi everyone,

We have an even split this week. 6 bulls v 6 bears. Mike is twice as optimistic as Oscar is gloomy. I reallly thought the government shutdown would take longer to play out. Otherwise would have been a bull.

Wishing you all good luck and prosperous trading. (y)

Attachments

• Wk4.JPG
    Wk4.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 245
2840 hit....send me the money

LOL You need to hit that level on Friday's close. Be patient...

May have forgotten to mention, prizes are quarterly. We reward consistency not wild guesses... :cheesy:

I know you are pedigree Mr D but rules are rules... (y)

Last edited:
LOL You need to hit that level on Friday's close. Be patient...

May have forgotten to mention, prizes are quarterly. We reward consistency not wild guesses... :cheesy:

I know your pedigree Mr D but rules are rules... (y)

(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

not fair

Ground control: This is ground control to Apollo 11, radio check over [roger beep].
Apollo 11: Apollo 11 to ground control OK out [roger beep].

This weeks podium winner is clearly Mike most bullish of the pack and yet still almost -11 pips below market close. That's also after a week of speculation about big G-Shutdown too. Amazing stuff from the market and super call from Mike. Well done big Mike. :clap::clap::clap:

This week gold would have gone to our resident guru Mr D :clap::clap::clap:
Had he abided by the rules with his 2870 top half call. Or at least 50% of the gold may have been his.

However, the rules of the house are very strictly applied as we have had a few turn downs over the years and as one must maintain standards and good discipline we can only sadly suggest he learns the controls for his alarm clock. :cheesy:

Really good call from him otherwise.

We invite him to rinse and repeat another call (y)

WackyPete takes silver and Pat the bronze. Well done chaps, remaining bullish in the face of adversity. Admirable calls. (y)(y)

........................................................................Mike

..................WackyPete..........................................................................................Pat

722ad7de97801d881a831e34af3ee517.jpg

Any questions about the dishwashers should be forwarded to Mike, SignalCalc or CV :)

Attachments

• W4-e.JPG
    W4-e.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 192
:LOL::LOL::LOL:......Love it. Thanks Atilla great write up...... cmon dentist, be great to have you on board. :clap:

i won
where is the cash ?

Crafty fella :)

Bet you've also forgotten the rules. Probably more likely that you haven't read them in the first place!

There you go... (y)

Hi Everyone,

The rules for 2018 stay the same as last year.

Sharky has very kindly upped the prize fund to $500.

Rules of WEEKLY competition for S&P 500 cash are...

1. 1 point for getting direction correct from previous Friday close

2. Having got direction right then:-
a) 3 points for nearest
b) 2 points for second nearest
c) 1 point for third nearest
d) 1 point will be deducted if direction of the forecast is wrong

3. All entries should be in by weekly opening session of US markets

Prizes

1. $100 for Quarterly winners in 1st place for March / June / September / December
a) Points and number of games played will be reset to zero at the start of every quarter.
---------- QTR-1 - $100
---------- QTR-2 - $100
---------- QTR-3 - $100
---------- QTR-4 - $100

2. $100 for the end of year over-all running total points' winners prize money will be distributed in 50:30:20 ratios
---------- 1st place - $50
---------- 2nd place - $30
---------- 3rd place - $20

No excuses!
No exception!
No pigs!

One rule and one ring that binds us all :)

Ok......Gotcha[/QUOTE

It would be great to have your calls in this competition Dentist.

Looking forward to it. One forecast cash call for close of Friday/end of week's trading day.

Forcast must reach us before Monday market opens in US.

Analysis always preferred but usually our serious forecasting means we often use very secretive black box systems so it's all proprietary stuff. Most like to keep it secret unless they get paid 000s of $ for the know how. You know how it is. Nudge nudge wink wink you know what I mean? ;)

It's a light hearted serious bit of fun. It's serious because there is money prizes involved. Have been known to get scrappy towards end of quarters when tactical forecasting kicks into play. It's fun because we get to discuss all sorts of things including looking at pictures of dishwashers.

Nuff said. Don't let us down now you've got us worked up. Need to prove your wild guess last week was not just a guess but just wildly accurate forecast.

All the best in anticipation. (y)

Yes, come and join in Mr D...

2875 this week please

...and well done to Mike