S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2018 with PRIZES!

Congratulations to Trader JR.
I hope he manages to pass on a bit of wisdom to the rest of us ?
Are you a trend line man or something more exotic ?

I've spent a long time calculating, looking at charts and going through almanacs. So this week ... I'll take the average of 'Trader JR' and 'signalcalc' please. ;)

Only kidding, its the 4th July on Wednesday, if the markets don't go up this week they are well and truly f'd up.

2748 for me.

Looks like a 2 day week this week across the pond.
Seem to be a celebrating sumfink.

lol

Congratulations to Trader JR.
I hope he manages to pass on a bit of wisdom to the rest of us ?
Are you a trend line man or something more exotic ?

Not sure about the wisdom part Pat, just educated(or possibly uneducated) guesswork. Been bearish the last month with emerging markets getting battered, china devaluing the Yuan, oil prices, trade wars, and in the face of this the Fed continuing to talk up the prospect of multiple rate rises, plus increasing levels of quantitative tightening, I don't see much to be bullish about. But then again, markets are mental and so is Donald, so SPX 3000 this year is still possible.

But for this week I'll take 2690 thanks.

Sod it I forgot to get a forecast on.
Well good luck you guys.

Sod it I forgot to get a forecast on.
Well good luck you guys.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

giphy.gif

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

So just for lafs if you let us know I'll pencil it in grey and it won't count towards scoring.

Never know might have saved your self that -1 point. :cheesy:

Sorry guys, neglected / forget, half and half, to do the forecasts... I did remember mid-weekish but don't remember what came next. :eek::eek::eek:

Here are the forecasts for Week 27. Unbelievable... Half the year is gone. History. Finito. It'll soon be xmas again :)

Can't wish you all good luck as we already know the results. So for the sake of logs here are forecasts. (y)

Attachments

• Wk_27_Forecasts.JPG
    Wk_27_Forecasts.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Well done to old boy CV who takes gold this week. Despite being the most bullish of us all he was -2.62 below where the SPX finally ended up. Good call. :clap::clap:

WallStWarrior gets silver tray and Postman picks up the bronze bucket. Well done to you two too (y)(y)

................................................CV

.............WallStWarrior........................................Postman

latest

I can't help thinking latter part of the year is going to be exceptionally fantastic in some way or other. Can feel it in the air. Something is stirring. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attachments

• Wk27_Winner.JPG
    Wk27_Winner.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 188