S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Pat, according to what i can see, this next week the 1900 level could be broken, but i guess it will be more likely to see a correction first then it could resume the bullish trend, unless i miss something or investors decide i am wrong...

Hi Fayalc,

Would you like to participate in our competition, forecasting what you think the closing number for the S&P500 will be by next Friday?

Hi Guys,

Here is the table of bulls to bears for week 11 forecasts.

WackyPete is out on weekly ban number 2 to give us all a chance to taste victory. Samspade opting to sit out.

This week Malaguti is the biggest of the bulls and peu vieux moi the biggest of the bears. Mind you with only two bears in the pack not that hard. I thought I saw a shooting star???

Wishing you all good luck. (y)

League Table

My system doesn't work every week so I often have to sit out otherwise I'm just guessing.

My system doesn't work every week so I often have to sit out otherwise I'm just guessing.

I find weekly predictions are partly guesswork anyway, it's tricky to anticipate timings and hit the spot a week away. good fun though! :D

It seems my forecast was right, but i failed to predict a close number...lol..., it hadnt been hard but to be honest i am not sure it would had been more accurate than other posts i am looking at in this moment...

Hi Guys,

Spring (20th March) is upon us and bears coming out to play.

Only two winners this week. :clap::clap:
...................................................Gaffs............................Atilla
10895036-two-black-bear-cubs-sitting-on-a-tree-branch-up-a-pine-tree.jpg

View Competition Table Here...

Last edited:
Reactions: tar
Bit too early to go away in the year but who knows??? The expected falls kicking off maybe? Can't wait for the World Cup but have a shaky feeling it may resemble the markets. Bit of a let down??? Hope not.

1812 for week 12.

Hi Guys,

Samspade's system has opted to sit out whilst Pete is serving his final third week ban. (Hope you are following this Pete. Don't make me eat humble pie :whistling)

Whilst our highly esteemed ex-forecaster Tar is back feeling very grizzzzzly - being the biggest bear of the pack this week. Pat is the most bullish.

We have a big divergence between Mean & Weighted Averages too. Ones a bull and the other a bear. Weighted should win in the theoretical world but to err is human, so we are told.

Well all that Jazz about the referendum seems to have done wonders to a faltering market. Amazing stuff.

Wishing you all good luck & prosperous trading. (y)

Forecasts Table

Last edited:
Looks to me like another down week - so 1835 pls. Gold looks like up some points, if that can be taken as confirmation ?

well done with the hard work At - should have a gold for that at least.

:)

Attachments

• s&p500.PNG
    s&p500.PNG
    254.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Well done Gaffs, who takes top place on podium this week and now equals Pete's record of 3 gold medals in one quarter. :clap::clap::clap:

VielGeld takes silver and Weighted Average takes bronze.

..........................................................Gaffs

........................................................VielGeld

..................................................Weighted Average

777_family_newlivery_k63073.jpg

I'll also start calculating pips made by our systems indicators as it does genuinely work. If one placed a long trade at the start of the week on Monday and closed it just before market close on Friday then WA would have made 25 pips this week. Using the same system for the first Qtr returns a total of 51 pips. :)

We are also on the last week 13 of QTR1 and three forecasters stand to take the top prize. Sort of two forecasters and one android to be more accurate. :cheesy:

Last edited: