S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Hi Everyone,

Good luck to you all in the 13th final week for the Q1-2014 competition. (y)

We have three contenders for the top spot on the podium; Gaffs, Mean Average and WackyPete (who's three week ban is over :cheesy: ) Everything to play for and I can assure you this competition will hot up in the next few quarters.

League Table

:cool:

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Mean Average takes the 2014-QTR-1 top spot on the podium with a total of 22 points. :smart:

Nearest contender in second place is our consistent performer Gaffs. Well done Gaffs for keeping the human race in the competition :) :clap: :)

In Third place despite missing out on 4 forecasts with 17 points is the sadly missing WackyPete. (Pete matey, hope you are reading this and we are expecting you back for next quarter.) (y)

..........................................................................Mean Average
...................................Gaffs......................................................................WackyPete
2012_champions_-2_slideshow_169.jpg

3 Forecasters have 3 gold medals which has been a first in three years. A little like busses, you wait for 3 years and 3 turn up in the same quarter.

Mean Average, has captured highest number of 7 medals. As forecasting goes it has along with Weighted Average become pretty good.

Weighted Average has made +60 pips based on the system of weekly closing. We'll be making more effort in determining the profitability of these two averages going forward.

League Table Link Here...

Thank you all for participating guys and making this a thread to look forward to.

We have a very exciting year ahead of us with some very good news to tell you all very soon. (y) :) (y)

Attachments

• 2014-QTR_1 Table.gif
    2014-QTR_1 Table.gif
    167.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
What you mean by 60 pips ?

Just a little something new to measure if the Weighted Average forecast makes money. Personally, I have been placing small live bets based on the WA forecast and made money. Whoooohooooo ;)

1. Difference between weekly closing prices.

Hoping to formulate a system to see if 10 heads better than 1. :whistling

Just a little something new to measure if the Weighted Average forecast makes money. Personally, I have been placing small live bets based on the WA forecast and made money. Whoooohooooo ;)

1. Difference between weekly closing prices.

Hoping to formulate a system to see if 10 heads better than 1. :whistling

Good idea but when you enter ? At Monday's open ? Did you include spreads and costs in these figures ? What you mean by 60 pips : 6 handles or 60 handles : 1800 to 1860 ?

Good idea but when you enter ? At Monday's open ? Did you include spreads and costs in these figures ? What you mean by 60 pips : 6 handles or 60 handles : 1800 to 1860 ?

These online ones are just approx calculations. Simply 60 pips. Point being the Weighted Average seems to be beating our individual forecasts in terms of getting near to weekly close.

DAAAA DAAAAA

According to Edward Snowstorm's latest leak from the bowels of Mother Russia there are going to be some great prizes soon courtesy of the T2W nobs for quarterly winners, yearly winners etc.

Atilla will fill us all in on the details soon.......................

:idea::-0

DAAAA DAAAAA

According to Edward Snowstorm's latest leak from the bowels of Mother Russia there are going to be some great prizes soon courtesy of the T2W nobs for quarterly winners, yearly winners etc.

Atilla will fill us all in on the details soon.......................

:idea::-0

That Edward Snowden's been everywhere and knows everything. Apparently, he is considering participation himself. (y)

Re: Competition Prizes for 2014-QTR-2

Hi Everyone,

After several years good participation by regular members posting quality forecasts, S&P Cash Weekly Competition has built up quite a fan-club following.

I am delighted to announce T2W organisers have generously agreed to prizes, sponsoring our competition. Thank you T2W :)

As of this quarter, the following prizes in Amazon Vouchers will be distributed to the winners of each quarter.

1. $50 for Quarterly winner in 1st place for March / June / September

2. $100 for the end of year over-all points winners the prize money will be distributed in 50:30:20 ratios

1st place - $50​
2nd place - $30​
3rd place - $20​

3. If an average wins, then prize money will be rolled forward until a human contestant wins in subsequent quarter. ie., As in this quarter nobody gets the $50. However, next quarter 2014-QTR-2 (end of June) one winner will have a prize money worth $100.

4. Prizes can only be rolled forward until the end of the year, when if an Average still takes the top podium spot, then built up pot monies will be distributed in the above ratios 50:30:20 to human contestants highest in the league table based on points.

5. Where there is a draw on points, then number of games played will be considered. If still equal then number of medals won in order of gold / silver / bronze will be used in picking out the winners.

I hope that's clear guys, trying to cover all angles to save any issues later. Like to add, this is still a competition run and managed by the members - 'us', and sponsored by T2W with prizes. Will discuss anything of issue in our usual fashion and Pat, competition founder and judge on point rules, can weigh pros & cons and guide us as appropriate.

We hope the prizes will encourage more spritely debate and that people will post charts and comments on their approach & systems.

I hope the S&P500 competition forecasting become sharper and more focused, raising the competitive spirit in us in reaching out to grab a part of the big cheese (had to get cheese in there somewhere) ;)

Look forward to your comments and any questions you may have...

Wishing you all good prosperous trading and forecasting for 2014-QTR-2. (y)

Last edited:
1834 for me.

I think support for these levels have to be tested. Summertime round the corner. Sell and go away penciled into my diary. (n)

Last edited: