S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2014 with PRIZES!

Thanks to Timsk who has very kindly put " with PRIZES " into the title.

When are we going to see you back Timsk?

1st week's forecasts updated as per usual from bulls to bears.

You can see the biggest bulls and bears on link here - league table.

PS I had a dream last night that the $100 Amazon Gift voucher had my name written on it. It was in Comic Sans font. How crazy is that? :)

bunnypunch.png

Wishing you all good luck (y)

Hi Guys,

It is quite depressing to see Weighted Average take the lead in the first week. I'm thinking they are always up in the top three rankings.

So this week's top three forecasters are; Weighted Average takes gold, with Gaffs and Pat on it's tail.

....................................Weighted Average
...................Gaffs....................................................Pat
r-WALNUT-large570.jpg

Tar, just a rudimentary calculation WA has taken effectively 5 pips; based on 1862.53 target being hit. Basically that is WA forecast 1862.53 - minus - last weeks close @ 1857.62.

Do not wish to complicate the numbers game but will carry on adding up the pips for this simple system. In summary the WA gets the direction more right than wrong.

:idea: The two averages and Gaffs are the top three medal winners. Approximating to being the nearest to weekly closing prices. There is consistency in their forecasting ability displayed by the medals and points received. :idea:

Last edited:
Looks like a drop next week to me, so 1830 pls

Now what book was I looking for then

:)

1841 :)

Peter

Wheheeeyyy I'm very glad to see you back Pete. :clap:

Kept your row warm for you. :)

That three week ban I hope teaches you a lesson next time you are thinking of missing a forecast. :cheesy:

Hi Guys,

League tables updated with forecasts; bulls to bears and quite a view this week.

Competition Table

Gaffs is the only bull in the arena. Bears out of hibernation, look out.

Malaguti and VielGeld have gone AWL.

The Story Thus far;
1. Average has won QTR-1
2. Weighted Average is QTR-2 leader
3. Gaffs is overall leader with 1 point ahead of Average :)

Wishing you all (y)

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

League tables updated with forecasts; bulls to bears and quite a view this week.

Competition Table

Gaffs is the only bull in the arena. Bears out of hibernation, look out.

Malaguti and VielGeld have gone AWL.

The Story Thus far;
1. Average has won QTR-1
2. Weighted Average is QTR-2 leader
3. Gaffs is overall leader with 1 point ahead of Average :)

Wishing you all (y)

ah man, missed it..well I would have gone for bullish again same as last week

ah man, missed it..well I would have gone for bullish again same as last week

Under our old competition rules I would have been relaxed to enter forecast in but now in the formal competition with prizes I think we need to stick to before market opens on Monday rule. Sorry about that and hope to see you next week.

Under our old competition rules I would have been relaxed to enter forecast in but now in the formal competition with prizes I think we need to stick to before market opens on Monday rule. Sorry about that and hope to see you next week.

completely understand, no explanation required guv :D

I feel a chill Siberian wind for next week as the Kremlin gremlin spends his goodwill.

:)

Well done to Tar this week and now his found his mojo, he takes joint second place on the leaderboard for Qtr-2. The biggest and baddest of the bears roars correction with paws waving in the air. :cool:

Tar takes gold, moi - silver and Pat gets bronze. :clap::clap::clap:

............................ Atilla .........Tar ................Pat
top_three_winners_2.jpg

Good news this week as both the averages were deprived of medals. Sadly, Weighted Average still has top position with 5 points.

See competition leader-board here.

Just for the record if one followed WA and took a short at start of week @ 1855 and closed when target hit @ 1844, then 11 points would have been collected off the S&P500. So in running total for WA index points made is now at 76 since the start of the year.

Last edited:
:LOL:

Where you found this picture ?! I am tall not short :)

Well you see that tall guy on the right... Silver could have been yours as the market held 1824 for a while and I really thought I had it then it went a little further.

Well done, great call - just off by 3 ticks on closing number(y)

Last edited:
Well on a TA perspective charts look pretty bearish. Weekly charts show we have come to rest on the 100 MA. On the candle-sticks the last two weeks pattern says it all really. Even if we do recover some it will take a lot of heart and hype from the bulls to get over the last two weeks drop.

I'd like to see some bounce off 1800 but markets turning chicken so don't think anyone will turn up for the show. I'm also thinking it will be interesting if 1800 holds or not.

I shall go with the bears and opt for 1792.7 :whistling

Last edited:
According to the news Putin is stoking up an economic hot war.
The markets could go into free fall but I will only go as low as 1730.