Geopolitics and the Consequences

As has been said quite a bit, Islam hasn't had its own Reformation, so its hasn't really qualified to even the join the 16th century yet. Worse, its a rare example of a religion that has regressed in many ways while becoming more widely adopted.

Theocracy at work.

Theocracy at work.
Just to think that area was the birthplace of civilization !
Perhaps vast quantities of oil has not really been beneficial. Just tittilated man's greed and caused wars and repression.
I am sceptical of anyone claiming to have a direct line to some God or other. Mostly liars and charlatans feathering their own nests.

An interesting resource for internet censorship.

And if you use Proton mail, then be assured that its intended purpose is having an effect in repressive regimes.

I see on the net that a great upheaval is forecast for 14th Jan 2020. !!
That folks is only 2 days away now. and I haven't bought my ticket to Mars. Yikes...………...
Just goes to show what rubbish U tube allow onto their site.
Still nothing much has happened.

OPCW - the story that won't go away, someone's committing war crimes.

Excellent valid points and clearly outlines bias and deceptions that mass public usually bombarded with, making case for war to support secret agendas.

What I don't understand is, why Georgie wearing a hat indoors?

Its been suggested to me that the Democrats are fighting a war of attrition with this impeachment thing, they know it could never have been a knock-out blow. They wish to either wear Trump down so he won't want to stand again or wear the Republicans down so they stop putting effort into supporting him.

Seems a bit imaginative but otherwise I cannot fathom what they were thinking.

Its been suggested to me that the Democrats are fighting a war of attrition with this impeachment thing, they know it could never have been a knock-out blow. They wish to either wear Trump down so he won't want to stand again or wear the Republicans down so they stop putting effort into supporting him.

It's the same kind of irrationality that we've seen in the Labour party.

Is Trump above The Law ?
The denial of witnesses to testify has set a very bad precedent.
He is acting like a banana republic dictator and his gang are supporting this behaviour.
Could The Supreme Court have acted in a fairer way ? Probably not.

Is Trump above The Law ?
The denial of witnesses to testify has set a very bad precedent.
He is acting like a banana republic dictator and his gang are supporting this behaviour.
Could The Supreme Court have acted in a fairer way ? Probably not.

Witnesses would not have changed the outcome, and the impeachment "trial" was never meant to do discovery (https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._and_then_start_trying_to_call_witnesses.html).

Trump doesn't act like any prior U.S. president, but the impeachment case against him was weak (e.g., https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/479880-impeachment-has-been-a-dud-for-democrats).

The U.S. Democratic Party has been planning the impeachment since Trump unexpectedly won (e.g., https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pelosi-impeachment-two-years).

The president has already by impeached the House. Speaker Pelosi sent the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate. That was tantamount to the indictment. The war of attrition the Democrats are waging is solely for the next election cycle. Nothing will happen to Trump during this impeachment trial. What they are hoping is a chance to use this trial to drag him through the mud and make him look bad to some on the fence Republicans so that they will vote for somebody else in the primaries or else not vote at all. The latter option may be the only possibility as some states have elected not to hold primaries for the Republicans, meaning Trump is the de facto primary winner in those, being instantly granted those delegates for the overall primary race.

They know that because the Republicans control the Senate, the trial does not work like a court of law. The Republicans are also playing along even though they don't have to. They could in theory, and somewhat actually in practice currently, is say, "we don't care what the evidence says. We're saying not guilty. Let it be so. Instant acquittal." The Senate refused the right of testimony to new witnesses likely to combat the Democrats from presenting damaging evidence knowing their end goal is not impeachment but to run them down for next election cycle.

From the beginning, this impeachment was a pyrrhic victory for the Democrats.

To anybody who thought the Republicans are playing fair: 1) this is American politics—terminological inexactitudes don't exist here; you just flat out call somebody a liar; and 2) to throw their party's president under the bus would damage the party too much before an election. All seats are up. 3 Republican governships have been turned already; 3) to those who say they are rallying behind Trump because they like him—not so. Politicians are selfish and they wouldn't be standing up for somebody unless it served their interests. People bemoan McConnell has them by short and curlies. I doubt that. More likely that he has had to offer a pound of flesh to many in order for them in order to keep the supposed unity.

In fact the guiding moral principles of The Founding Fathers has been demolished by greed and personal ambition. The rest of the world looks on aghast. Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Washington has lost the higher moral ground and should be ashamed of their antics. Their allies have run out of excuses.
The pilgrims must be turning in their graves.
Any moment now ( probably after Trump gets re-elected ) he will declare himself an Emperor or God or something.
o_O

It's the same kind of irrationality that we've seen in the Labour party.

This is how stupid and dangerous the Left are getting, relentless drivel.

"The Democrats have written to Google and YouTube to request that “CLIMATE CHANGE DENIERS” be BANNED from their platforms. Twitter is next."

I see Trump is in India and selling them billions of $ worth of weapons. What on earth do the Indians fear so much ? Surely for a country with so many people below the poverty line, there are better things to spend the people's money on.