Brexit and the Consequences

That's a tad harsh c_v and, dare I say it - a tad hypocritical. He's just letting his hatred of Farage get in the way of the big picture - and is unable (or unwilling) to see the wood for the trees - in exactly the same way as you have done with Putin. If both of you were to park your feelings for Farage and Putin respectively and examine the evidence as if neither of the two men existed - you'd arrive at very different conclusions. At' would agree with you and me about the Coutts/NatWest banking outrage and you'd agree with At' and me about the U.S. proxy war with Russia. Note who the common denominator is - I'm always on the right side of the debate!
:p:p:p

There's nothing to see re- Putler. Just the gangster head of the Russian mafia. If that's the kind of regime you wish to live under and be ruled by, then I suggest a one way trip to the motherland to experience it all for yourself.

There's nothing to see re- Putler. Just the gangster head of the Russian mafia. If that's the kind of regime you wish to live under and be ruled by, then I suggest a one way trip to the motherland to experience it all for yourself.
Thank you c_v: your reply proves the point I was making, namely that your visceral hatred of Putin completely clouds your judgement on the entire conflict.

If you'd paid any attention to anything I've ever said about Putin (interesting that you still can't even bring yourself to use his actual name, lol!), then you'd know that I don't like him, don't trust him, don't approve of his actions and, consequently, have absolutely no desire to be ruled by him. It's precisely because of this sort of inane response from you that I've given up posting to the Ukraine thread!
;)

It's true to say that at the time of the referendum in 2016 most leave voters had no idea about the Ukraine war and the collective west's crazy attempt to impose regime change in Russia. Only the likes of Profs. Mearsheimer and Sacks had those insights at the time. However, to all the remainers who say 'what are the benefits of Brexit?' - I say it turns out to have been a very prescient decision. Germany is heading towards a recession, largely due to the destruction of the Nordstream pipeline, the consequence of which is that they no longer have access to cheap energy which, quite literally, is the fuel that drives their hitherto prosperous economy. When Germany goes down - which is all but inevitable - it'll take the EU with it. If the EU still exists in five years time, it'll just be in name only and will have lost most - if not all - of the influence it's enjoyed in recent years. The Duran explain all in the vid' below. Enjoy, well not At', obviously!

It's true to say that at the time of the referendum in 2016 most leave voters had no idea about the Ukraine war and the collective west's crazy attempt to impose regime change in Russia. Only the likes of Profs. Mearsheimer and Sacks had those insights at the time. However, to all the remainers who say 'what are the benefits of Brexit?' - I say it turns out to have been a very prescient decision. Germany is heading towards a recession, largely due to the destruction of the Nordstream pipeline, the consequence of which is that they no longer have access to cheap energy which, quite literally, is the fuel that drives their hitherto prosperous economy. When Germany goes down - which is all but inevitable - it'll take the EU with it. If the EU still exists in five years time, it'll just be in name only and will have lost most - if not all - of the influence it's enjoyed in recent years. The Duran explain all in the vid' below. Enjoy, well not At', obviously!

How is Germany heading to a recession any benefit to the UK?

This is typical of the Brexiteers laughing at the misfortunes of their neighbours whilst ignoring their own plight.

Moreover, this news effectively shows Russia was not a threat to EU but a bonus supplying oil and gas.

Sooner or later EU will face East and turn its back on US. They will like rest of us follow the money.

How is Germany heading to a recession any benefit to the UK?
None whatsoever - never said or implied otherwise!
This is typical of the Brexiteers laughing at the misfortunes of their neighbours whilst ignoring their own plight.
I'm not laughing. It's a disaster, but it's largely of Germany's own making by aligning itself with U.S. foreign policy.
Moreover, this news effectively shows Russia was not a threat to EU but a bonus supplying oil and gas.
My point exactly!
Sooner or later EU will face East and turn its back on US. They will like rest of us follow the money.
Let's hope so, but I can't see that happening for many, many years and, in the meantime, the EU will likely collapse. And yes, I accept completely that that will impact us severely, but at least by being out of the EU we can take independent measures to protect ourselves from the worst of the fall out.
Tim.

None whatsoever - never said or implied otherwise!

I'm not laughing. It's a disaster, but it's largely of Germany's own making by aligning itself with U.S. foreign policy.

My point exactly!

Let's hope so, but I can't see that happening for many, many years and, in the meantime, the EU will likely collapse. And yes, I accept completely that that will impact us severely, but at least by being out of the EU we can take independent measures to protect ourselves from the worst of the fall out.
Tim.

Oh right oki doki in that case we are in agreement on the same page. Happy to hear there are others who can see who the real friend and foe wrt Russia and pooh stirring, freedom and democracy meddling US.

Oh right oki doki in that case we are in agreement on the same page. Happy to hear there are others who can see who the real friend and foe wrt Russia and pooh stirring, freedom and democracy meddling US.
At',
Gotta say I'm a tad surprised that you've not gleaned that from my posts to the Ukraine thread. Perhaps you've just forgotten as I haven't contributed to it for quite some time. ;-)

Rest assured, we are in complete agreement that it's the U.S. who are the cause of many (most?) of the world's major problems and if they can't find an off-ramp vis-a-vis their disastrous proxy war with Russia - then nuclear war becomes highly likely. I fear they can't do that, not least because it'll be tantamount to admitting they got it horribly wrong and the lives lost and $billions spent will all be for nothing. Consequently, as I see it, the only real hope of avoiding nuclear conflict is for Trump or RFK Jr. to be elected President next year. If Biden gets back in (unthinkable I know - but it can't be ruled out), we'll all have to pray to whatever god that'll listen that Russia has put an end to the war in the interim. Yes, I realise that's a bit ar$e about face as one can't pray retrospectively after the event - but you know hat I mean - I hope!
Tim.

Has anybody else been hit with exorbitant mobile phone charges whilst traveling around Europe yet?

I telephoned EE to complain and I'm told it's all to do with Brexit.

One needs to do this and that and then same again when returning back to the UK.

Just opportunism by the companies to make more profits. Charging £10s of pounds when it makes no difference to networking costs at all.

😈

As a YUGE believer in Modern Monetary Theory, the simple fact that you guys decided to keep sovereign control over your currency I find extremely commendable! Well done! I’m certain that whatever pain you may be experiencing now from trade agreement revisions or local economy sector shifts will only be temporary. There is no doubt in my mind that, with time, your economy will become stronger than most of those Eurozone nations.

I don’t think that point has been brought up nearly as much as it should have been in this fascinating topic.

As a YUGE believer in Modern Monetary Theory, the simple fact that you guys decided to keep sovereign control over your currency I find extremely commendable! Well done! I’m certain that whatever pain you may be experiencing now from trade agreement revisions or local economy sector shifts will only be temporary. There is no doubt in my mind that, with time, your economy will become stronger than most of those Eurozone nations.

I don’t think that point has been brought up nearly as much as it should have been in this fascinating topic.

UK was not part of the Euro and there are about 13 different EU offerings in place and staying in the European Union had nothing to do with adopting the Euro.

Moreover, monetary policy without fiscal support is not much to go with in controlling economic activity.

Raising rates in the UK almost bankrupted the pension funds - (who were holding the ultra safe government bonds) and lead to implosion of the UK economy.

Last edited:
UK economy will be 10% bigger than France by 2033.

View attachment 332361
UK Trade below G7 Average

View attachment 332362
Investment in UK is clearly down and trying to recover.

Most importantly, net migration continues to increase above post-EU forecasts. What the British public don't know is that UK productivity and GDP growth depends on positive migration.

Birthrate is declining - approx., 1.6

Post WWII baby boomers from the 1950s and 1960s retiring. Living longer with more disabilitating ailments.

Thus, TAX BASE IS SHRINKING (hush hush well kept secret) whilst social care spending increasing.

Blame the EU custom union and migration from stopping us with trading with the rest of the world and keeping prices hihg. Now that has been removed.

Blame influx of migrants for lack of spending on infrastructure and social services.

The sh!t show is that without positive net migration, UK is fooked. P!ss poor productivity and and p!ss poor GDP growth will continue. More skilled people will leave.

2033 is just another forecast. You've started believing in experts and forecasts now have you. Have you ran this past Michael Gove? :)

Well isn't it a shame the migration topic has fallen off the radio waves to be replaced by the floods. Here is a bit of satire for the Brexiteers.

The politicians and GB News are at a bit of a loss with the floods as they can't blame it on Brexit; the Europeans or the migrants.

Personally, I think the whole British establishment, aristocracy and planners are to blame for the floods.

Some facts to ponder.

1. Only 7% of UK is built-up with properties. Remaining, 93% is just green or mountainous terrain.
This in turns ensures land prices are much higher than they need be in comparison with other countries - due to excessively strict planning regulation red tape. Thus, making land and house prices higher than they need to be.

2. One third of all houses in the UK are on flood plains. Big G and planners don't consider this to be an issue and despite increased flooding over the last 20 years continue to give consent for building on flood plains.

It is in the interest of all well-to-do land owners who are largely influential peeps such as the Lords and Aristocrats to maintain such high property and land valuations. God forbid if 3% more British land on higher ground was given building consent, land valuations would come down by a third to a half making housing considerably more affordable but making the land and property rich folks a little less well off.

But hey no, let's not go there. Stick to blaming Europeans and Migrants for our plight up until now. We are out with Brexit. Once we curve the migrants out as well, UK will become a world beating and economically competitive nation again.

This is how we take back control making our own miseries.

Last edited:
Very good read.

It took a trip abroad for me to realise how screwed Britain is​

Denmark is in the EU but not the Euro. Pretty much had the same deal as the UK.

Anyhow, have a read and ponder why since the Brexit vote of 2016 - 8 years later, we are yet to see any improvement?

Seen a lot of dis-benefits but Brexit benefits still hard to come by after 8 years...

Last edited: