Fructose and Obesity

trendie

Legendary member
6,674 1,227
Posits that obesity isnt just about "calories in / calories out", but explores that fructose, a carbohydrate, is no different to ethanol, also a carbohydrate, in the way the body metabolises it.
Ethanol is a toxin, and the speaker compares the toxic consequences of ethanol with obesity related medical consequences of high fructose.

Really good speaker. Quite interesting.

Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,234
Posits that obesity isnt just about "calories in / calories out", but explores that fructose, a carbohydrate, is no different to ethanol, also a carbohydrate, in the way the body metabolises it.
Ethanol is a toxin, and the speaker compares the toxic consequences of ethanol with obesity related medical consequences of high fructose.

Really good speaker. Quite interesting.

Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube

Wow! I must be getting old but I admit to making heavy weather of this lecture!

I have known for a very long time that it is wise to stay away from all bottled drinks and processed foods, as much as possible. I do like a can of beer every day, otherwise it's tea and water. In Spain we have Vichy Catalan, similar to Perrier, which is a harmless and refreshing drink in the hot months.

Processed food is more difficult but I have cut out bread, cakes etc and all breakfast cereals made by Kellogg and their competitors. Breakfast consists of 3-4 pieces of fruit chopped into a salad and covered with skimmed milk and ground linseed which I take for omega3 (I get joint pains, sometimes).

My weight is a fairly constant 78 kilos. I'd have to cut out the beer, I think, to reduce any more but I'm happy with that weight, although statistics show me a few kilos over for my age.

I'm 30 mins into the video--it will take a while!

Trader333

8,639 969

That is basis for zero carb diets such as Atkins

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock