FX Trading June 25th > 29th

As day traders, do you thinnk the biiger picture really matters?

• One must cover everything from fundamentals to the monthlies to have an idea of the next 15 mins.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Morning all,
Cable seems to be in a congestion pattern again - either a triangle or perhaps it will become a downward sloping channel (see attached). My policy is not to trade within such patterns as it all gets very messy. Instead I wait until it breaks out and then re-join the action.

The action today seems to be in the JPY pairs. I'm currently short CHFJPY from 100.35 which is just testing support at around the figure. Let's hope that it breaks through.

Attachments

• cable20070629.jpg
    cable20070629.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 123
well, excellent trades for the euryen shorts. well done.

edit: on my behalf a bit annoying to miss a move due only liking to short this pair under particular circumstances, which were not met, so have to live with it. too bad. rules are rules.

at least my opinion hasnt put me going long yet. my opinion can make me miss profits, but at least i am not taking losses due to it.

Last edited:
Morning all,
Cable seems to be in a congestion pattern again - either a triangle or perhaps it will become a downward sloping channel (see attached). My policy is not to trade within such patterns as it all gets very messy. Instead I wait until it breaks out and then re-join the action.

The action today seems to be in the JPY pairs. I'm currently short CHFJPY from 100.35 which is just testing support at around the figure. Let's hope that it breaks through.

Hi gnome
euro /yen has had a nice run down this morning
short from 165.85

Hi gnome
euro /yen has had a nice run down this morning
short from 165.85

Good trade HB! I favoured the CHFJPY short as EURCHF is showing a bit of strength this morning.

Edit: and that's the 300th post up. Small potatoes compared to many of you guys (and gals) I know but it's something at least.

well, excellent trades for the euryen shorts. well done.

edit: on my behalf a bit annoying to miss a move due only liking to short this pair under particular circumstances, which were not met, so have to live with it. too bad. rules are rules.

at least my opinion hasnt put me going long yet. my opinion can make me miss profits, but at least i am not taking losses due to it.

Well Done zuke, hornblower & tanker on Euro/Yen... EZ!!!!
Jacinto you do surprise me ..... how could you let this one escape... and you an experienced E/Y trader too.. :cheesy:

All the best

Well Done zuke, hornblower & tanker on Euro/Yen... EZ!!!!
Jacinto you do surprise me ..... how could you let this one escape... and you an experienced E/Y trader too.. :cheesy:

All the best

yea you cheeky monkey, keep rubbing the salt on the wound :LOL: :LOL: . im emotionally in pain, and now have to stand aside:( , dont want me chasing missed profits, now do we.;)

on a serious note, last night, i was thinking of closing my long at 65, saw price, moved stop quickly to lock 40 pips, but shorting didnt come to my mind. was with a kid, then teh wife, so let it go.

this morning, had to go out, couldnt study my charts, came back, and saw what i missed last night. a lovely clean obvious head and shoulders on the 60 min confirming the lower high at 6665, then price below 165, just didnt trade. pity really, but next one.

j

edit: lesson, with euryen, keep your charts open even if you are having dinner :LOL:

Attachments

• euryen head shoulders.gif
    euryen head shoulders.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Hi Jacinto
How much of an improvement has the memory upgrade made to your machine?
How much did you add, and how much did it have B4?

Thanks.

Hi Jacinto
How much of an improvement has the memory upgrade made to your machine?
How much did you add, and how much did it have B4?

Thanks.

hi JT, rubbing salt on another wound :LOL: (thanks for asking though)

seriously, havent done it yet. got it on friday, had visits during the weekend, moving house so sorting that out, running errands since i am going to mexico this friday, and on top of it, i have to read the details big time if i dont want to screw up the computer (remember, i only know how to turn it on and off)

ok, had 512, and my limit to upgrade is 1g, which is what i got. will get a new pc in a month when i move. at the moment, pc is ok, removed some windows from my trading platform, which was eating much of my memory. will try to install upgrade tonight or tomorrow evening.

j

Hi Jac

an anti-static wrist strap is highly recommended when going inside a PC tower, and when handling delicate parts like memory sticks. Otherwise you can easily wipe it!
Going inside the twoer is quite a delicate (& potentially dangerous) proceedure. The capacitors can store enough power to electocute a person, long after the PC was last used. So be careful!
Do your homework Beforehand!

........Cable sucks big time at the moment.............

Last edited:
just got back from some shopping.
I have a data gap on CMC from 10:45 to 11:20?
anyone else?

zuke: re: MAs.
my only consolation is that Hulls would have been whippy as well.

EDIT: problem over! logged out and back in and all is ok.

thanks JT, will do.

seriously, with computers, i feel like the wife of a banker stranded on the M25 calling the AA not knowing what to do and the AA guy telling me that i need to fill the Land Rover with petrol:eek: :LOL:

Morning all,
I'm currently short CHFJPY from 100.35 which is just testing support at around the figure. Let's hope that it breaks through.

Took off half on a trailing stop at 100.10, moved stop on balance to roughly b/e. Fortunately EURCHF continues to rise so am gaining the benefit from being short CHF and the counter-move isn't so fierce as in EURJPY.

Hi Jac

an anti-static wrist strap is highly recommended when going inside a PC tower, and when handling delicate parts like memory sticks. Otherwise you can easily wipe it!
Going inside the twoer is quite a delicate (& potentially dangerous) proceedure. The capacitors can store enough power to electocute a person, long after the PC was last used. So be careful!
Do your homework Beforehand!

........Cable sucks big time at the moment.............

Hi guys, ive recently upgrading my pc ram from 512 to 2G, very easy to do takes less than 5mins, makes a nice difference to smooth running of pc, no probs running more than 10 windows without slowing down.

Long at 19994 on breakout startegy. A little annoyed as stopped out at breakeven two days in a row on a EUR/JPY position which reversed from big profits. Just glad I got some of the overnight move. Tempted to take profits earlier on the EUR/JPY but the system says to take 1/2 at + 100 and it missed that by 15 ticks. The trouble is you need the big moves to make it work but it can be annoying when it reverses like this.

sorry to hear that again OT, must be extremely annoying, but on the long side, it must work wonders.

aside from cable 100% until i see a chart i can trade. Euryen, missed the down move, and the up move was too fast from the low for my liking, and passed (EDIT: was emotionally not fit to trade, is the true reason). currently looking for price to come and test 165.50ish for a long move. will wait till the 60 min close.

good luck on cable.

short GBP/YEN in the comp (short GBP/USD 19995 and short USD/YEN 12313) nice falling channel and failed 50% fib retrace from 24523

Delta, shmelta!

is this an (sustained) up-move, driven by the psychology of the $2 level?
or forming the spike that indicates the turning point?
I have today as a "red day" on the daily-delta, and looking for a plummet.

am I thinking too much?

that was me long 165.65 euryen

lets see if this works.

move to breakeven on break of 80, close on failure of 95

target, 6645 at least.

Attachments

• euryen inverted head shoulders.gif
    euryen inverted head shoulders.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 153
Last edited: