FTSE 100 Intraday trading - MAY

99% of the time it is institutions! - you don't think sp futures at 954 may have a little to do with it. In relative terms FTSE should be closer to 4200 than 4000 - if SP break 960 watch the fireworks start.

Bonsai - Can you get an advantage over the Spreadbetting companies with this. They seem to follow the futures themselves with their prices.

Lamb
as far as I know, they always follow the futures.
its the only way they can lay off the risk

I have futures at 4060 and fair value at about 4067
so nothing to play for there really with 13 days still to go ?

Short FTSE @ 4052

And also a low risk 'FTSE down' bet on IG risking just £16.50 for a profit of £283.50 if FTSE closes lower.

Wideboy

closed at 56.5 for +2.. probably should have stayed in but don't want to lose any of my profits. Volume seems to have dried up. Is the market waiting for anything in particular that you know of?

15 min RSI trend line being tested, stochs turning down from o/b.
Could have topped here - 4000 anyone....

Wideboy

Attachments

• clipboard01.jpg
    clipboard01.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 349
Is the market waiting for anything ?
well we have had a bit of not waiting
we are now up 140pts from the low yesterday !

apr durable goods at 1.30 but I wouldnt expect that to move the market unless exports have collapsed. unlikely on a falling dollar ?

maybe like a sprinter, it just needs a rest ?

and we did gap up through that previous gap ?
so we probably need to go fill it and see what trade there is at that level .

I guess you're right, it just needs a pause after that big run up. I'm just impatient - don't like sideways moves!

also we may have seen a few bears running for cover.
well, quite a few actually !
after they heard the fed was pumping in money.

and those that wanted to get out are now out ?

so we need time for the bulls to decide whether to stay in for the next jump to 4200 ?

dont fancy a pull back much below 30 and that might be a chance to pyramid in.

What do you mean by 'pyramid in'? I noticed you used the same term in an earlier post - didn't understand it then either! Apologies if it's a stupid question!

Pyramid.
having made a trade and seen the trend in your favour
you add another trade and then another and another.

so on a 100 pt move on the index you can net say, 150 pts even if you dont get in at the beginning of the move and also get out before the end.
the first pyramid ( second trade) is the tricky one.
you need to place it at a point where if the market turns against you, you can close out both but with a small profit.
Never let a profit turn into a loss !
The next trade (third) is easier because your stop is the entry point for the second trade and the profit from the first trade is 'locked in'. so you should be protected.

then its up to the market. If the trend continues, you add again
until eventually you run out of margin.
but your margin is all profit.

Last edited: