FTSE 100 Intraday trading - MAY

chartman, I hope your refering to the FTSE100 not Bonsai's comments when you say it bores you to tears!

FAQ

Bonsai, as you are obviously knowledgeable - and patient! Perhaps you could start the Indices trading thread in the newly instituted FAQ?

ChartMan said:
It's nice to see some action posted on FTSE stuff. Been far too long ....... keep up the great work. It bores me to tears, but there are many that it won't.

LOL - unlike the Dow with millions of worthless indicators, now thats real bedtime stuff!

;)

johnny
they say flattery will get you anything ?
lol

sorry, not this time.
I would not have the slightest idea of where to begin.

Once upon a time...........

Bonsai

If you don't know where to start,who does? Perhaps you could kick it off and other practitioners would chip in? I was going to say it's not me you want to worry about.

Last edited:
Hi Bonsai

Some very impressive trades today - I wish I could have matched them. Out of interest, on average how many points a week do you get from trading the FTSE? I know that my average OUGHT to be about 60 points/week, but in reality I dont often get near that. I would guess that you make rather more than that.

Waytogo

waytogo
it varies hugely
this up and down stuff today is a real killer actually.
what I need is a good up/downtrend for a week or so which
allows me to pyramid with very little risk because each entry is a stop profit.

havent had one of those since the 13 down days some months ago.

johnny
you like jokes ?

He said . . . I don't know why you wear a bra; you've got nothing to put in
it.
She said . . . You wear pants don't you?

He said . . . Since I first laid eyes on you, I've wanted to make love to you
really badly.
She said . . . Well, you succeeded!

He said . . .Shall we try swapping positions tonight?
She said . . That's a good idea - you stand by the ironing board while I sit
on the sofa and fart!

Just to clarify, it is the FTSE and not Bosai that's boring :) Perhaps his enthusiasm may re-kindle an interest.....

Bonsai I take my hat off to you when I am trading I dont have time for the posts because I am to busy trading otherwise I miss the action. But good luck to you, its a shame because I only daytrade the FTSE both futures index and D4F cash although I now apply my trading differently, with Futures anything goes it so quick and with the narrow spread you can get carried away and trade much more than I normally would with D4F. Witjh them I am a bit more reserved to take account of the wider spread.

Kevin

kevin
a bit different for me
I trade ftse intraday which can be quiet for extended priods.
ftse is known to try peoples patience and then just after you give up - kboom .!
I also have an audible alarm to tell me a signal has been triggered.so I can stop whatever and come back to my trading screen.
I also position trade stocks and that can also be quiet.
but only from a 'stable' of about 20/25 companies which I follow.

morning

a bit of advice ?
when the big boys are trading, dont trade against them.
wait till they have finished.

this could go to 4070 ?
if you have tick charts going back a week
draw a line from the low at 3928 which touches the top at 4012

and wait.

Morning

Went long at 4049...closed position at 4063...hoping I didn't chicken out too early! Theres got to be a pull back sooner or later!

lamb

it will surely turn into volume somewhere

they usually start by buying the futures and then move into stocks
when they can.

but its not purely volume
this looks like an institutional play not just locals.