FTSE 100 intraday trading - JUNE 2003

Bonsai

I suppose it would be better to trade the S&P since the prices follow it slavishly at that time.

And - I don't trust D4F. When I sold last night at 8.58 at 4184 they kept me waiting till 5 seconds to 9 then offered me 4182 and cancelled the order at 9. At that point I had made about 25 points. I phoned them and told them what I thought of that trick and they let me have 4184. The rats.

I would agree better to trade s&P. at least its a real market.

but for ftse, they use an algorithm all of their own and
then only when it suits them.
Sometimes ftse will remain flat even though USA is shooting
up or down.

just dont think its worth the nervous tension unless you are trying to cover or waiting for 5 more pts.

looking for a sensible entry point but nothing obvious yet.
failed break out,yes but hardly a riproaring sell off ?
and gap still not filled.

Morning all

I agree with bonsai, it's not worth the hassle trading the FTSE after hours. I had similar problems to you in the past, Agincourt, where I tried to close a position, and D4F either kept me waiting and gave me a worse quote or just changed the bid or offer price so that it would cost me - so I had to phone up to get a decent quote. They obviously dont like people trading after hours too much!

...I'll trade what I see today, but my gut feel will be to buy the dips; seems the only way is up?

How easy is it to insert one of these pci cards. Having the charts and dealing interface on one screen is impossible, my nephew was supposed to do it for me but it's not happening.

there is a lot of static in your pc.
and I mean a lot.
you need to be earthed.
£2 should do it from Comet/Currys etc.

...my indicators suggested a short (against gut feeling) and got me in at 184 - still keeping me in but I'm thinking it will bounce from the 34 ema (now looming). Will go long on bounce.

Hi Bonsai,

There is no static in you PC as the case is earthed...

However you may have lots in your body, the wrist straps simply put you to a high resistive earth to trickle any static away.

Simply touching the PC case (Earths your body via the PC case thus discharging any static) whilst inserting the card (PC plugged in but switched off) is good enough as you are unlikely to pick up any more static unless you rub your feet on a artificial fibre carpet.

JonnyT

I hate these triangle/pennant thingies - I wish it would get on and decide which way it's going!