FTSE 100 intraday trading - JUNE 2003

jonT
thanks for that.anyway I have a wrist strap and I use it.
dont want to blow the circuits.

I have a trend line drawn under the lows since 4112.
suspect it may touch at some point.
curremtly about 4173

Just sending the letter off to d4f, it mentions wanting hard copies or will emails suffice.With IG I requested hard copies, am I leaving myself open to trouble with d4f just requesting emails or are they trustworthy?

jon40
you can always get a copy of your account online during the day.
by clicking on 'Back office' etc

but I have had no problems with e-mail.
get hard copy from fins though (weekly)

You should be able to switch if you become unhappy.

Thanks for the tip Bonsai. Although I was impatient and went long on what I thought was the breakout to the upside, and of course got stopped out. Managed to scrape a few points back on the down move though. I must learn to be more patient, and to read a book on Elliott!

waytogo
I'm long now. but this is the tricky bit.
the sell off may have come too soon
so it may still need to fill the gap.

Hi Bonsai

Nice to see you back.

I have a question for you:

My previous background has been horseracing and I know if too many people back a particular horse it would affect the odds.

I was wondering if a number of people were to use a system that works in the spreadbetting arena would it affect the spreads of the spreadbetting companies?

Thanks even if you don't know.

I'm dithering now - plenty of volume around the trendline that you mentioned - but also US data due at 1:30 & 2:15 so I may hold off for a while

RG
the short answer is no.
they offer you a spread which allows them to lay off in the market at a profit.
they could not (in general) give a damn what system people use.
but heavy stakes which continually win, may present difficulties for them.
so they will give you a personal quote for that sort of money/client.

for example Cantor have done a special deal with one client using cfd's to build up a huge stake in a company, so obviating the declaration rules. And he gets the voting rights.

I should add that its currently being investigated by FSA and
somebody is going to get their wrist slapped rather smartly.

waytogo
sure, but now we are under the line and we have seen a failed
attempt to break back up. it may try again but at the mo it looks negative.

if you look at the 5 day ftse chart on page1, think you will see that volume has tailed off of late ?

There won't be an awful lot of movement now on the FTSE until the US Markets open.

Would anyone stick their neck out and say that the FTSE will break that 200 barrier!

My guess is this.

If the Dow continues its upward momentum today then I think this barrier will be finally broken.