Currency trading (Oct 23rd > 27th)

Where will cable close Friday? Whats your TF of choice? (split/multi)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah cable is annoying me too, - what gives with this sudden climb?

ChowClown said:
...another loser. 3rd time usually lucky and what with EUR/GBP hammering on the 240min, it looks like a long for this afternoon....who knows.
..long now 724...c'mon whip me one more time.....

ChowClown said:
..long now 724...c'mon whip me one more time.....

I admire your perserverance (sp) - whats your target? if any

EDit: reason for the jump.
ICSC-UBS Chain Store Sales -1.1% In Oct 21 Wk
traders are desperate for direction atm

ChowClown said:
Morning all,

Short too with current stoploss at 706. From the 60min chart at the moment i'm seeing a failed 3rd leg down from yesterday developing (this assumes 8676 is the low for the day) which is a precursor to the only harmonic pattern i know (5-0 harmonic), which, if it pans out suggests an upside zone of 8782-8823 followed by a retracement zone of 8716-8757, from which to buy again.

Lots of 'ifs' and 'buts' with this sort of thing and as i'm short, could really do with it not happening.
...this pattern is still intact for the time being. From here the next target zone is 8784-8826. Slight tweak on the earlier zone due to the news print a tad lower than 676.

KTD said:
I admire your perserverance (sp) - whats your target? if any

EDit: reason for the jump.
ICSC-UBS Chain Store Sales -1.1% In Oct 21 Wk
traders are desperate for direction atm
+150 or a 4pm exit. Having said that i'll also take PA into account usually off the 60min when in a decent trade - more of a feel good exercise than adding much to the p&l!

Rate decision day tomorrow chaps, usually quiet beforehand...

ChowClown said:
+150 or a 4pm exit. Having said that i'll also take PA into account usually off the 60min when in a decent trade - more of a feel good exercise than adding much to the p&l!

well, I just went short GBPUSD @ 1,87105... target 1,8788
not greedy atm.. still in the red after the bloody friday..

@Wasp, yeah they're due, and the last survey says taht 98% of those asked are expecting a standstill, with positive statements, so playing the news strategy, short is the way to go aiming at tomorrow..

KTD said:
@Wasp, yeah they're due, and the last survey says taht 98% of those asked are expecting a standstill, with positive statements, so playing the news strategy, short is the way to go aiming at tomorrow..

Predictions, expectations and analysts thoughts aside, I just wouldn't expect more of yesterday before the announcement, regardless of the outcome IMO.

You are right Wasp. A desperate day and Cable seems as though if it is going back down through the old resistance at 1.8705/10. If it does, I'm out for the day, in loss and very cheesed off!

Offshore Trader said:
You are right Wasp. A desperate day and Cable seems as though if it is going back down through the old resistance at 1.8705/10. If it does, I'm out for the day, in loss and very cheesed off!

Its a marathon, not a sprint... Don't let emotion screw it up... take what may be and have faith that later in the week the law of averages/your strat will swing it around and all will be well... not every day can be 100 pips... at least thats the way I see it anyhow.

Offshore Trader said:

IF it comes near a noticable dive, I doubt it will breach the sup lvl 1,8680, it hasn't yet.

City Bound said:
Bored with cable, trading NOK instead.

USD/NOK looks ripe for a drop on the daily if breached and in turn should men a rise in cable but take it as it comes........

Aaah.. I hate when the direction is openended, UP, DOWN, who knows!?

I tend to find myself closing at breakeven often if it dosnt go my way right away.

Cursed be this spine i inherited from an earthworm!

wasp said:
Its a marathon, not a sprint... Don't let emotion screw it up... take what may be and have faith that later in the week the law of averages/your strat will swing it around and all will be well... not every day can be 100 pips... at least thats the way I see it anyhow.

You are right. I've only recently managed to keep emotion away from trading decisions, so it will probably be a while before I keep it off these boards too :cheesy:

I think hans123 managed not to trigger, so they kept out of the whip - interesting.
( I dont trade it, by the way )

I'm just deciding whether or not it's worth getting back in... Two almost identical candles on the 15mins for cable, same H&L, so maybe a break of those in one direction ?