Brexit and the Consequences

Sorry Tim, but I know you are bright enough to understand the point I have made about the national interest and disbenefits to you and many other people. Perhaps I was rude. but hey what's a few words between old timers like us. :)

I think Brexiteers need to make the case for the post-brexit benefits. Including any non-financial ones that you think make people happi=er...

:)

Well here's a non financial benefit that makes me exceedingly happy.

Our own failed politicians can no longer give up on UK politics and move over to the EU where they can fail again.

The Kinnock's spring to mind.

What was it? 18 million they had out of the EU !

Decent healthcare and education have very little to do with the EU.
Just the opposite.
Affordable healthcare and affordable education are common everywhere in continetal europe, they are a value of European culture.
I don't think it is a coincidence.
UK has affordable healthcare but expensive education.
US has expensive health and expensive education.

Just the opposite.
Affordable healthcare and affordable education are common everywhere in continetal europe, they are a value of European culture.
I don't think it is a coincidence.
UK has affordable healthcare but expensive education.
US has expensive health and expensive education.
Your assessment regarding Italy and continental Europe may be correct, but you're assessment regarding the U.K. is quite wrong. Both healthcare and education are free for those that need it, but the quality of each is abysmal. The NHS is one of the worst performing healthcare systems in the developed world - and the reasons for that have nothing to do with Brexit and, as I said before, there's no evidence that it would be in better shape had we remained in the EU.

One year of university in Italy : 4k for an avearage income family.
What is the average cost of university in UK ? 20k afaik
I agree it does not depend on Brexit but I prefer the European way to the UK way.

European welfare is the best and EU is a way to spread and standardize it.

One year of university in Italy : 4k for an avearage income family.
What is the average cost of university in UK ? 20k afaik
I agree it does not depend on Brexit but I prefer the European way to the UK way.
You're talking about higher education - I was referring to secondary school. Be that as it may, you're correct that university fees will be at least £20k. When I went to art school back in the late 70s early 80s - the state gave me a grant! Those days are long gone and students having to pay their own way came in yonks ago - long before Brexit. So, I concur with you 100% that the health and education system in many European countries (certainly Italy which I believe is one of the best in the world for health) is far superior to what we have in the U.K. and that we would do well to try and replicate what you have.
European welfare is the best and EU is a way to spread and standardize it.
If you want to impose what you have on others - then you may be correct. I fundamentally oppose that view as it's largely the cause of the mess the world is in. It should be up to each sovereign state to decide for themselves the best way forward; not have it imposed on them by others. If country A recognises that country B (who just happens to be in the EU) does something - or has something - that's better than what they currently have, then country A is free to try and replicate it. EU membership is immaterial.

If you want to impose what you have on others - then you may be correct.
I don't think EU membership has been imposed to any country.
EU means having a certain degree of welfare and democracy, these standards are both required and promoted by EU.
It is not an exclusive of EU, New Zealand and Canada are doing better than the majority of EU countries but I see it as an exception.

So, I concur with you 100% that the health and education system in many European countries (certainly Italy which I believe is one of the best in the world for health) is far superior to what we have in the U.K. and that we would do well to try and replicate what you have.
Happy to read it, so if you want UK to reach EU quality I think that it makes more sense to be inside EU.
Leaving EU doesn't seem the best way to reach EU welfare and education.

Last edited:
Well here's a non financial benefit that makes me exceedingly happy.

Our own failed politicians can no longer give up on UK politics and move over to the EU where they can fail again.

The Kinnock's spring to mind.

What was it? 18 million they had out of the EU !

UK Politicians absolute SH!!TE.

No integrity, no backbone, no principals, the old guard dying. New career politicians. Becoming MP is just simply business to getting free benefits and and lodgings coupled with property development (brought to you by courtesy of Mrs T and her **** up wage increase busting benefits to keep the pigs well fed).

Parliament in desrepute. Tories blaming civil servants for taking sides. Bullying of civil servants. Even the committee on standards is being tarnished by politicising principals.

You have some strange and very unusual ideas of how leaving the EU is benefiting British democracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we have the proper story, Farage v Coutts.

Can't wait to see this case in the courts.

Farage should crowdfund any action, because the outcome affects us all.

Now we have the proper story, Farage v Coutts.

Can't wait to see this case in the courts.

Farage should crowdfund any action, because the outcome affects us all.

Apology eh. He should go full steam ahead and get them in to the court.

These are the first 9 items listed on today's Daily Sceptic's News Round-Up page:

Do these establishment types never learn !

Farage has made a career out of demolishing "the establishment". He is on solid ground here, just as he was when outlining the pitfalls of membership of the EU.

BBC has had to apologise, cause they got it all wrong. Not surprising mind, when they were fed BS from Dame whateverherface when she was the one feeding it to them.
She now needs to do the right thing and resign. She will resign in any event. It's not just Farage that will ensure it happens, others in high places will also demand it.

Interesting. The lady in the vid was involved with some Russian oligark a few years back. She has been de-banked for reasons as yet unknown.

This could explain why Tim and others have stopped commenting on the Ukraine invasion thread, (because they obviously hold the wrong views) for fear of being de-banked. :ROFLMAO: