Brexit and the Consequences

Heard something about £500K going into Farage's account as some donation without disclosing source.

If Farage can do it so can any other tom dick and harry. Money laundering rules are being breached.

Dirty money dealers and cash in hand operators must be dancing in the streets.

Heard something about £500K going into Farage's account as some donation without disclosing source. . .
You "Heard something about £500K going into Farage's account as some donation without disclosing source"
Sounds like cast iron, rock solid, water tight evidence to me At'! Proof positive that Farage - the rotten brexiteer stinker - is more crooked than a very crooked crooked thing!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

You "Heard something about £500K going into Farage's account as some donation without disclosing source"
Sounds like cast iron, rock solid, water tight evidence to me At'! Proof positive that Farage - the rotten brexiteer stinker - is more crooked than a very crooked crooked thing!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well let's see the mother of all lawsuits against Coutts then... without a shadow of any doubt.

:whistle:

Well let's see the mother of all lawsuits against Coutts then... without a shadow of any doubt.

:whistle:

Maybe a crowdfunded action required. Farage won't back away from a fight where injustice is concerned, but why should he personally risk everything, when it seems to be in everyone's interest that a case be made.

Yes indeed, let's hope so. And wouldn't it be wonderful if Nigel Farage took the barstuards to the cleaners!
:D

Maybe a crowdfunded action required. Farage won't back away from a fight where injustice is concerned, but why should he personally risk everything, when it seems to be in everyone's interest that a case be made.

Really???

Farage stepped down the moment Brexit materialised.

Just when one might expect him to step up to the plate.

Funny how we keep hearing about the dis-benefits of Brexit and absolute zilch about any benefits or oven-ready trade deals.

. . . Funny how we keep hearing about the dis-benefits of Brexit and absolute zilch about any benefits or oven-ready trade deals.
At',
So far, as a brexiteer, I freely admit that the 'dis-benefits' of leaving the EU outweigh the benefits. I've suffered as a result of our exit - but I knew that would be the case when I voted leave. Forgive the blatant virtue signalling, but I put what I believed (rightly or wrongly) to be the national interest above my own personal interest. And I'm not in the least bit surprised that it's not worked out too well thus far given the absolutely MASSIVE effort by the remainers to scupper the project. They would rather it failed dismally in order to 'prove' them right, than get behind the peoples vote and make a success of it. However, that's all bye-the-bye for me and largely meaningless. I would vote the same way again because all these organisations - be it NATO, WEF, IMF, WHO or the EU are all part and parcel of the same globalist cabal with a common agenda: to enrich themselves and their masters (Soros, Gates, Vanguard, Blackrock et al) at our expense. For me to change my vote and either to regret voting leave or commit to voting to rejoin the EU, you'd have to convince me that they (the EU) are different from all the other institutions and really do have my (and yours and c_v's) best interests at heart.

Good luck with that! ;-)
Tim.

Really???

Farage stepped down the moment Brexit materialised.

Just when one might expect him to step up to the plate.

Funny how we keep hearing about the dis-benefits of Brexit and absolute zilch about any benefits or oven-ready trade deals.

This "farage quit and ran away" line you keep spouting simply shows that you have zero understanding of how things work.

Farage has never been in an elected position to do anything at all about govt policy post Brexit. That is the job of the govt of the day.

At',
So far, as a brexiteer, I freely admit that the 'dis-benefits' of leaving the EU outweigh the benefits. I've suffered as a result of our exit - but I knew that would be the case when I voted leave. Forgive the blatant virtue signalling, but I put what I believed (rightly or wrongly) to be the national interest above my own personal interest. And I'm not in the least bit surprised that it's not worked out too well thus far given the absolutely MASSIVE effort by the remainers to scupper the project. They would rather it failed dismally in order to 'prove' them right, than get behind the peoples vote and make a success of it. However, that's all bye-the-bye for me and largely meaningless. I would vote the same way again because all these organisations - be it NATO, WEF, IMF, WHO or the EU are all part and parcel of the same globalist cabal with a common agenda: to enrich themselves and their masters (Soros, Gates, Vanguard, Blackrock et al) at our expense. For me to change my vote and either to regret voting leave or commit to voting to rejoin the EU, you'd have to convince me that they (the EU) are different from all the other institutions and really do have my (and yours and c_v's) best interests at heart.

Good luck with that! ;-)
Tim.

Well you are clearly in denial despite the hardship and disbenefits you are experiencing.

Multiply that by 65 million and then you add it is still in the national interest.

Do you not see how contradictory your words and assertions are to maintain that self belief you did right and not fluffed up?

Equally your claim that the remainers and the EU punishing us; who both told us the outcomes and potentials responses ahead of the separation.

Crazy dude :)

As long as it helps you with your egoistic sanity - you carry-on with your Brexiteering.

Well you are clearly in denial despite the hardship and disbenefits you are experiencing.
About what, exactly?
Multiply that by 65 million and then you add it is still in the national interest.
You appear to be looking at this as if the only thing that matters is money and that nothing else is worthy of consideration. Granted, money is vitally important, but so too is accountability, integrity and doing what is right for the people the EU is supposed to serve. It fails miserably on these levels and, as recent scandals have shown, is totally corrupt. If Ursula von de Leyen is the embodiment of what the EU is all about - why on earth would anyone want to be a part of it?
Ursula von der Leyen is failing upwards – again
Do you not see how contradictory your words and assertions are to maintain that self belief you did right and not fluffed up?
No - please explain!
Equally your claim that the remainers and the EU punishing us; who both told us the outcomes and potentials responses ahead of the separation.
Remainers highlighting what they regard as the pitfalls of leaving is an entirely different issue from punishing brexiteers after we've (supposedly) exited. In no way does the former justify the latter!
Crazy dude :)
As long as it helps you with your egoistic sanity - you carry-on with your Brexiteering.
I've said it before numerous times: there are pros and cons to membership - ditto for leaving. On balance, I took the view that we're better off out of it and fully accept that that decision will have consequences that I - and others - might not like. That's an entirely rational decision making process and I stick by it. And when the EU collapses - which I'm very confident it will - we'll be sitting pretty and very glad we made the decision we did.

Now all we need to do is get out of NATO and we'll be well and truly on our way!
:)

I EU is some kind of globalist conspiracy, we need more of this kind of conspiracies.
Well, you're in luck CV as globalists are absolutely everywhere and call the shots at every level in pretty well every western society. Of course, if you're happy with the state of the world and think everything is just fine and dandy as it is - you carry on supporting them.

Globalism = buying cheap chinese stuff, EU is moving away from it.
Brexit = leaving European globalism to embrace US globalism.

if you're happy with the state of the world
I am not so happy about the state of the world but I am pretty happy about the state of the EU.
I feel lucky to be a part of EU, I can travel easily in many countries, buy cheap stuff from many countries, I have a decent healthcare and decent and cheap education.

About what, exactly?

You appear to be looking at this as if the only thing that matters is money and that nothing else is worthy of consideration. Granted, money is vitally important, but so too is accountability, integrity and doing what is right for the people the EU is supposed to serve. It fails miserably on these levels and, as recent scandals have shown, is totally corrupt. If Ursula von de Leyen is the embodiment of what the EU is all about - why on earth would anyone want to be a part of it?
Ursula von der Leyen is failing upwards – again

No - please explain!

Remainers highlighting what they regard as the pitfalls of leaving is an entirely different issue from punishing brexiteers after we've (supposedly) exited. In no way does the former justify the latter!

I've said it before numerous times: there are pros and cons to membership - ditto for leaving. On balance, I took the view that we're better off out of it and fully accept that that decision will have consequences that I - and others - might not like. That's an entirely rational decision making process and I stick by it. And when the EU collapses - which I'm very confident it will - we'll be sitting pretty and very glad we made the decision we did.

Now all we need to do is get out of NATO and we'll be well and truly on our way!
:)

Sorry Tim, but I know you are bright enough to understand the point I have made about the national interest and disbenefits to you and many other people. Perhaps I was rude. but hey what's a few words between old timers like us. :)

I think Brexiteers need to make the case for the post-brexit benefits. Including any non-financial ones that you think make people happi=er... :)

Sorry Tim, but I know you are bright enough to understand the point I have made about the national interest and disbenefits to you and many other people. Perhaps I was rude. but hey what's a few words between old timers like us. :)
At',
I have absolutely no beef with your thinking on the issue and, as I have made clear, agree with you on some points. However, what I really struggle to understand is why you can't respond in kind and just accept that people like me and c_v have a different point of view. Unlike the Ukraine war where everyone is in the wrong and the only argument to be had is whether the Biden regime is slightly better or slightly worse than the Putin regime, the EU is more nuanced. It has its merits and it has its faults. You're prepared to turn a blind eye to the latter and focus exclusively on the former - which is fine - but it's not reasonable of you to expect me to do the same.
I think Brexiteers need to make the case for the post-brexit benefits. Including any non-financial ones that you think make people happi=er... :)
I thought I'd done just that rather eloquently in my last few posts!
:p

I am not so happy about the state of the world but I am pretty happy about the state of the EU.
I'm lost for words, CV!
I feel lucky to be a part of EU, I can travel easily in many countries, buy cheap stuff from many countries, I have a decent healthcare and decent and cheap education.
Decent healthcare and education have very little to do with the EU. Both were going down the pan here in the U.K. long before Brexit. And, had we voted to stay in, there's nothing to say the crisis that both sectors are in would have been softened or mitigated in any way. Furthermore,, as the article I linked to made clear, it's widely acknowledged that the EU made an absolute pigs ear of handling Covid.