Brexit and the Consequences

It says something (and something none too complimentary) when a remainer has to get himself elected as a Green Party MEP before the penny finally drops and he realises what he's voted for. How many other remainers are equally as clueless as Magid Magid . . .

What’s disappointed me in my first two weeks in Brussels. A freshman MEP from the British Green Party on what’s wrong with the EU capital.

Still, credit where credit's due; well done Magid for removing the veil and telling it like it is.

Another 'out' for Boris, he's going to have the pick of avoiding Brexit whilst simultaneously being able to absolve himself of any blame. It doesn't really matter though, they will all be 'out' at the next GE.

BBC News - Brexit: MPs back bid to block Parliament suspension

Sent from my AGM X3 using Tapatalk

Another 'out' for Boris, he's going to have the pick of avoiding Brexit whilst simultaneously being able to absolve himself of any blame. It doesn't really matter though, they will all be 'out' at the next GE.

I hope the Brexit Party are using this time wisely. It will take a Farage and Johnson coalition to finally kill off EU membership.

The forthcoming election will be fascinating. :)

I don't think time is on your side.

I hope the Brexit Party are using this time wisely. It will take a Farage and Johnson coalition to finally kill off EU membership.

The forthcoming election will be fascinating. :)

Boris has ruled out partnering wtih Farage apparently. Saw him speak yesterday. There is the possibility he'll do another U-turn ofcourse. Who knows? :)

Why are you so bovvered about Brexit when EU is set to implode anyhow, UK will disperse with the rest of them?

Have you checked the numbers on that parliament vote yet? :ROFLMAO:

. . . Why are you so bovvered about Brexit when EU is set to implode anyhow, UK will disperse with the rest of them? . . .
At',
Had you been on that fateful voyage the Titanic took in 1912 but had the chance to get off the ship before it struck the iceberg, then you - like any sensible and rational person - would surely have taken it. That's why we're 'bovvered about Brexit' and want - need even - to leave the EU before it implodes. We don't want to be flailing around in freezing waters desperately trying to get aboard too few life rafts with 'the rest of them'.
Tim.

At',
Had you been on that fateful voyage the Titanic took in 1912 but had the chance to get off the ship before it struck the iceberg, then you - like any sensible and rational person - would surely have taken it. That's why we're 'bovvered about Brexit' and want - need even - to leave the EU before it implodes. We don't want to be flailing around in freezing waters desperately trying to get aboard too few life rafts with 'the rest of them'.
Tim.

Matey if you only knew your history a little better, you might be in a position to make more informed better choices. That was Britain's attempt to compete with and overtake the German's rising engineering superiority. Trying to beat the record for the crossing the Atlantic, recklessly pursuing some pie in the sky irrelevant superiority.

Ignoring all warnings of ice. :mad::mad: In blind pursuit of daft glory. You need to read more and get your facts straight. Britains lost the shipbuilding industry much like motor cars and textiles. Lack of investment and too much looking at their rear about the grandeur of the old Empire.

Some people just don't learn. Carry-on Brexit :ROFLMAO:

. . . Some people just don't learn. Carry-on Brexit :ROFLMAO:
At',
Deliberately or otherwise, you appear to have overlooked the point I was making which does not rely on any historical knowledge other than the simple fact that the Titanic hit an iceberg and, subsequently, sank with the loss of many lives. Be that as it may, allow me to try again using a different example . . .

If you've seen the classic film Rebel Without a Cause starring James Dean - you'll remember the famous 'Chicken Run' scene in which Jim Stark's opponent - a character called Buzz - gets his jacket caught on the door handle and is unable to jump free of the car before it plunges over the cliff. So, in this analogy, the EU is represented by the cars (both go over the cliff and are destroyed), member states are represented by Buzz and the UK by our hero Jimmie. I hope it's clear enough for you and requires no further explanation and, moreover, will not result in a history lecture!
;)
Tim.

At',
Deliberately or otherwise, you appear to have overlooked the point I was making which does not rely on any historical knowledge other than the simple fact that the Titanic hit an iceberg and, subsequently, sank with the loss of many lives. Be that as it may, allow me to try again using a different example . . .

If you've seen the classic film Rebel Without a Cause starring James Dean - you'll remember the famous 'Chicken Run' scene in which Jim Stark's opponent - a character called Buzz - gets his jacket caught on the door handle and is unable to jump free of the car before it plunges over the cliff. So, in this analogy, the EU is represented by the cars (both go over the cliff and are destroyed), member states are represented by Buzz and the UK by our hero Jimmie. I hope it's clear enough for you and requires no further explanation and, moreover, will not result in a history lecture!
;)
Tim.

It is always a pleasure talking about the creative arts n fiction with you old bean. 😊👍

They are clearing themselves out before being pushed. Handy though that the current administration has left a newly created legacy of conflict with Iran to distract Boris from Brexit!

BBC News - Tory leadership race: Alan Duncan resigns as minister

if Boris gets in the tories must realise a vote of NC will happen and then an election will follow swiftly

they better have backed the right horse .....personally i will vote for the micky mouse party if it keeps me in europe ....I gave up on british politics and its way of life way back now ......am looking to get away as soon as i can to the sun .....had enough of al this crap ......what a bloody farce in the last 3 years .....

dont want to give up british passport but may do if needs demand ......time to find another nest...thats the beauty of trading ...i can trade anywhere as long as i dont go too screwy on timezones ......lots of mates in canaries who want me to start a trading room out there ...we will see ......

N

Last edited:
if Boris gets in the tories must realise a vote of NC will happen and then an election will follow swiftly

they better have backed the right horse .....personally i will vote for the micky mouse party if it keeps me in europe ....I gave up on british politics and its way of life way back now ......am looking to get away as soon as i can to the sun .....had enough of al this crap ......what a bloody farce in the last 3 years .....

dont want to give up british passport but may do if needs demand ......time to find another nest

N

Brexit Party / Reformed Tory Party coalition. It's obvious what will happen and who will be voted in to deliver on what's already been voted on. Brexit.

Tory party MPs planning to jump ship. Some joining LibDems and some the Brexit party. Difficult to know who will be left?

Maybe Gove and Boris can do something between them. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :love:

Tory party MPs planning to jump ship. Some joining LibDems and some the Brexit party. Difficult to know who will be left?

Maybe Gove and Boris can do something between them. [emoji23] [emoji23] :love:
A cabinet full of ERG members quite possibly?

Last edited: