Brexit and the Consequences

Unless that is fake news and you have been duped dear Mikey, you are doing incredible damage to UK national interest spreading lies and deceit. :(

Ok working down that list here are the facts which you can verify online.

1. Denmark rejected 'only' the Danish Maastricht Treaty in 1992.
A referendum on the Maastricht Treaty was held in Denmark on 2 June 1992. It was rejected by 50.7% of voters with a turnout of 83.1%. Wikipedia[/I]

However, there are enough articles online where Danes top the happiness index in Europe. Moreover, since the Brexit vote support for EU in Denmark has risen.

As the Maastricht Treaty could only come into effect if all members of the European Union ratified it, the Edinburgh Agreement, negotiated in the months following the referendum, provided Denmark with four exceptions which eventually led to Denmark ratifying the Maastricht Treaty in a 1993 referendum.

They voted again after amendments.

2. This second line is incorrect. Denmark rejected joining the Euro is not in it.
A referendum on joining the euro was held in Denmark on 28 September 2000. It was rejected by 53.2% of voters with a turnout of 87.6%. Wikipedia

I don't understand how outcome is stated as Accepted.

3. Ireland held three referendum's and only one out of two was rejected, one relating to Treaty of Nice.
Irish constitutional referendums, 2001. Three referendums were held simultaneously in Ireland on 7 June 2001, each on a proposed amendment of the Constitution of Ireland. Two of the measures were approved, while the third was rejected. ... The failed amendment concerned the Treaty of Nice.

fwiw - If you went and asked the Irish people how and what they feel about EU now what answer do you think you'll bet? Especially after the global crash of 2008 when OT building went tit's up?

What does that tell you about making the right decision or people having the right to change their minds.

Made to Vote Again yes indeed. Think twice. :)

4. A non-binding referendum on introduction of the euro was held in Sweden on 14 September 2003. The majority voted not to adopt the euro, and thus Sweden decided in 2003 not to adopt the euro for the time being. Wikipedia

So far top 4 of your outcomes on your list is kind of freaky wrong. It was rejected. . :LOL:

5. The ratification of the EU Constitution was not ignored. Other countries leading one being Spain accepted and further modifications were made to the bill to make it compatible with the Constitution of France. Moreover, the amendment was passed with a large majority including the opposition. Only the Communist Party members largely voted against.

No surprises to see even back in 2005 there was fear mongering with voters minds about accession of Turkey into the EU which most French peeps disagree with. Strange same tactics were used in UK don't you think.

To remind you that ignored outcome is b0ll0cks. Tell your JRM and your fwiends CV & SC so they can be educated on facts and come out of their alternative bubbles of reality. :LOL:

6. The Netherlands vote and outcome are accurate. (y)
However, here much like the UK one, vote was advisory, non-binding although politicians said they'd act on it. There were few other issues but vote was good and EU would have done well to take heed.

7. The Lisbon Treaty was a minefield and not well constructed. Wrt Ireland turnout was 53% and 53.4% voted No. Considering EU requires all 27 member countries at the time to agree, is about an impossible task to settle as one may imagine. 25% of a small country holding the EU hostage to progress.

This indeed is a weakness in the system. Some call it democracy and some called tyranny. Take your pick.

But you know the people don't understand what they are voting for and to ask the mass public on issues they know not much or care nothing about skews the resulst when migrants and refugees and Turkey's accession or 350m to the NHS take over the debate.

Point 7 as well as 6 is accurate. They were made to vote again.

fwiw - The Lisbon Treaty. The Lisbon Treaty became law on 1 December 2009, eight years after European leaders launched a process to make the EU "more democratic, more transparent and more efficient". Under EU rules, the treaty had to be ratified by all 27 member states before coming into force.17 Jan 2011

8. Greece bailout should be fresh in all our minds. The people voted against belt tightening and changes to Government jobs and pension rules with people retiring at the ripe old age of 40. Greece finance ministry was frauding EU. Who wouldn't vote No should be no surprise.

When the EU stop funding and people could no longer draw money out of Banks they pretty quickly changed their minds and accepted EU proposals to rescue country. Bailout subject to certain pragmatic actions to be taken.

In fact Greek people feel EU manages their country better than their politicians to a large extent.

Here is the outcome Greece’s government has said the country is “turning a page” after eurozone member states reached an agreement on the final elements of a plan to make its massive debt pile more manageable, ending an eight-year bailout programme.

“I have to say the Greek government is happy with this deal,” the finance minister, Euclid Tsakalotos, said on Friday. “But at the same time, this government will not forget what the Greek people went through in the past eight years.”

Your article says ignored! I don't think it was ignored. Greece accepted terms of attached conditions on bailout. It could have rejected EU proposal along with the people. EU called their bluff and Greece backed down.

What kind of referendum was that you reckon. Politicians playing games. Go figure.

9. UK Brexit!!! is still in play and we can see the big mess we are in. Parliament sidelined, business preparing exit plans. Politiicians resigning. Government in a state.

How has EU interfered in any of our decisions should be clear. They haven't said anything. Brits conjuring up punishments and beatings on not having their cake and eating it. Pick n mix crap. You collect our tariffs and we'll collect yours. What a BS proposal of an idea.

1.2m Brits who live and work in EU weren't given the vote either.

Advisory non-binding referendum built on shoddy lies and deceit has freaks and hooligans running country.

Farage leaves UKIP! Really having got what he wanted. Shows you how much managing a bunch of hooligans has cost him. Why is UKIP so unmanageable? Extreme indeed. Punch ups behind closed doors. Gotta laff. :LOL:

So when to55ers like JRM come out with the dribble that's in those fake results, without any factual substance or looking at finer details, his just another fecked up politicians pursuing self interest lying to the people.

Much like investing in your future ADYOR.

Yada yada, we know how the system works. That's why we are taking back control. One way or another, we will win. (y)

So, has May now finished banging her head against the wall in Europe?

She is easily the most inept PM we have suffered in modern times. Utterly clueless!

PM's can usually get away with many things,(think Tony Blair), but sometimes the issues are so great and being watched so closely, that trying to pull a fast One is simply out of the question. Brexit is One of those occasions.

There is no consistency on policy nor on the conflicting messages she delivers. It seems that whoever is writing the speech that day is in charge of policy that day. There is no way that the people are convinced by her words as there is no consistent message.

Waste of time....she simply has to go regardless of the consequences.

Atilla my old fruit (cake) you need not of spent all afternoon googling and writing an essay when simply the word Bollox underneath the pic would of been suffice in my eyes. :LOL::LOL: it was simply something i pulled of twitter, But to get back on topic, In your eyes, do you think we will be better off in or out of the EU ? :LOL:

Atilla my old fruit (cake) you need not of spent all afternoon googling and writing an essay when simply the word Bollox underneath the pic would of been suffice in my eyes. :LOL::LOL: it was simply something i pulled of twitter, But to get back on topic, In your eyes, do you think we will be better off in or out of the EU ? :LOL:

Why do you ask a when you have the answer already. I've stated position nuff times already.

EU is of academic interest to me and yes I have written many essay's on it since the 80s.

You are being used. Tools get used. :rolleyes:

I know you are not a tool mon ami. You are happy go lucky Magic Mike. (y)

Why do you ask a when you have the answer already. I've stated position nuff times already.

EU is of academic interest to me and yes I have written many essay's on it since the 80s.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

You are too much.

Essays you say.

Propaganda more like.(y)

That was merely a tongue in cheek throw away comment, Dont take everything so literally, Its been a good thread for brexit discussion and points of view but also a bit of banter,Do not forget to have a laugh in life, its very important.. There's nothing You,me or the entire forum membership can do to alter/sway brexit in any shape or form, what will happen will happen. Anyway, since becoming more active on twitter im becoming quite tolerant to Brexit BS, Its banded about on there on a industrial level...:LOL:

Come Brexit and no trade deal with the Trump's US then it looks to me as if countries will have to copy the US and produce as much as they can internally even if it is substandard. This would be a big blow to progress but many countries just can't compete on a global level and lose what industries they have.

For anyone who's interested. This young lad, who has his head screwed on, is in a spot of bother. He's got no money but needs to defend himself from the remain state machine. So instead of allowing the state to make an example of him, perhaps the tables should be turned and make an example of the state.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/darrengrimes/

I didn't realise that Darren is a neighbour of Att.
Go on Att, chuck in a tenner to help your neighbour fight the state.(y):LOL:

https://www.saunders.co.uk/news/darren-grimes-statement-by-james-saunders.html

Good on him, like a few others recently, Count Dankula being the most notable and not forgetting Tommy Robinson of course, getting justice is important when the establishment are doubling down. He's got plenty of support (y)

For anyone who's interested. This young lad, who has his head screwed on, is in a spot of bother. He's got no money but needs to defend himself from the remain state machine. So instead of allowing the state to make an example of him, perhaps the tables should be turned and make an example of the state.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/darrengrimes/

I didn't realise that Darren is a neighbour of Att.
Go on Att, chuck in a tenner to help your neighbour fight the state.(y):LOL:

https://www.saunders.co.uk/news/darren-grimes-statement-by-james-saunders.html

Truth be known, everything else is small fry when compared to this one:

Attachments

• Assange.jpg
    Assange.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 59
I'd not heard of James O'Brien before someone mentioned him a few pages back on this thread. I've since been listening/watching YouTube clips and rather enjoy his put downs - such as the one below: ". . . [Danny], if you had a brain cell it would die of loneliness".

The thing I don't quite get about James O'Brien is that in another clip he said he voted leave - yet he comes across as a hardcore remainer. What am I missing?
Tim.

I'd not heard of James O'Brien before someone mentioned him a few pages back on this thread. I've since been listening/watching YouTube clips and rather enjoy his put downs - such as the one below: ". . . [Danny], if you had a brain cell it would die of loneliness".

The thing I don't quite get about James O'Brien is that in another clip he said he voted leave - yet he comes across as a hardcore remainer. What am I missing?
Tim.

If you listen to him often enough you will find he is arrogant, self loving, pretends he is for the people but openly ridicules people online. He never takes anyone's opinions or presents himself in a centre ground position. He is very much the pinnacle of remoaners and can't talk about anything else. He mocks JRM and others like him such as JRM opening up another fund in Ireland. He is a business man after all but James annoying O'brien calls him names for it because JRM is a brexiter and how dare he open a business in the EU.

Here is an example

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-throbbers-fraudsters-brexit/

He is a Tw@T of the worst kind. A private school boy who thinks he knows everything and everyone else are idiots. You should see when a brexiters calls in.

Last edited:
Here is a good example of classic James annoying o'brien. He seems to think that eu law where countries can send back migrants if after 3 months they can't afford is comparable to protecting boarders and stopping the flood of cheap and unskilled labour that basically screws up any budgeting for public services.

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...page_tiwdkz83gze&utm_campaign=mw_entry_recirc

You can't make this stuff up. He goes on like this in all things brexit and clearly deluding himself and his remain followers who lap up his every word.

Last edited:

Tim.

He's just a talking head, one of many on both (all) sides, problem is that he bends the facts to the point of fake news.

All these migrant videos we are now seeing where they are departing Morocco and landing on Southern Spanish beaches full of tourists. Could you imagine the political fallout if ISIS decide to emulate it, except that it would be a dingy full of armed suicide terrorists!

EU needs to protect its borders! :(

How do remoaners explain that list. I'm all ears :LOL:

CV matey. I've explained that list.

Most of it were inaccurate and quite the opposite in reality.

Most of the referendum related to treaties and amendments and subsequent acceptance post amendments.

It was also about the EU atttempting to be more democratic trying to get acceptance by all 27 members. No mean feat.

Mike confirmed he hadn't a clue or checked for accuracy of his post and thought it was a good laugh.

You come out with what exactly. No tut tut tuts. No comment on your idol JRM twisting the news.

All ears are you? Thought as much. :LOL::LOL::LOL: Happy bunny I'm sure you are. Enjoy bopping around the place whilst it lasts.

It is increasingly becoming clear that there is nothing in the tank from Brexiteers other than laughing, mocking and much indulgence about remoaners which is really ironic.

When it does come to an election I feel the public will soon realise Eurosceptics in the Tory party don't really belong there and much like UKIP will become rabble rousing unmanageable wannabees making lots of noise and delivering FA.

(y)

Last edited:
CV matey. I've explained that list.

Most of it were inaccurate and quite the opposite in reality.

Most of the referendum related to treaties and amendments and subsequent acceptance post amendments.

It was also about the EU atttempting to be more democratic trying to get acceptance by all 27 members. No mean feat.

Mike confirmed he hadn't a clue or checked for accuracy of his post and thought it was a good laugh.

You come out with what exactly. No tut tut tuts. No comment on your idol JRM twisting the news.

All ears are you? Thought as much. :LOL::LOL::LOL: Happy bunny I'm sure you are. Enjoy bopping around the place whilst it lasts.

It is increasingly becoming clear that there is nothing in the tank from Brexiteers other than laughing, mocking and much indulgence about remoaners which is really ironic.

When it does come to an election I feel the public will soon realise Eurosceptics in the Tory party don't really belong there and much like UKIP will become rabble rousing unmanageable wannabees making lots of noise and delivering FA.

(y)

You don't fool me with your unfactual essays :LOL:

The EU got acceptance from the 27 by abolishing the member state veto system. That's what happened....so much for your democracy line. :LOL:

The United States of Europe project - destination super power.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk