Brexit and the Consequences

Not missing much Split, some over-rated body of opinion not much different to the rest of us here. :)

Big-gobbed lefty on LBC Radio who only tolerates his views: good balance to LBC's Farage at the other end of the scale.

I have one word for James O'brien

T. W. @.T

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Backfire of the week goes to Remainer Jack Dart Who started a facebook poll to test sentiment on whether people would today ether Remain or leave.. After 54700 votes its 63% leave...37% Remain :cheesy:

Jack's poll has finished, with a whopping 280,600 votes..64% Leave to 36% Remain.
That must be a better way to judge the sentiment of the country as opposed to the last yougov that only targeted roughly 1200 people. It would be easy for yougov to stop people in London and poll them which subsequently was a heavy remain area..

Just a quickie, Has any of the regulars that contribute to this thread questioned themselves on whether they made the right choice ? Have you wondered/worried if some of the project fear might actually happen ? did we get it wrong ? Same question goes to remainers, have you thought brexit actually might bring prosperity to the country but cant/don't want to admit it ???

Hi Mike,
Jack's poll has finished, with a whopping 280,600 votes..64% Leave to 36% Remain.
That must be a better way to judge the sentiment of the country as opposed to the last yougov that only targeted roughly 1200 people. It would be easy for yougov to stop people in London and poll them which subsequently was a heavy remain area..
Wow - on the face(book) of it, this is interesting. Given that - in very broad terms - Facebook attracts a younger audience (i.e. a large number of remainers) this result is most telling.

Just a quickie, Has any of the regulars that contribute to this thread questioned themselves on whether they made the right choice ? Have you wondered/worried if some of the project fear might actually happen ? did we get it wrong ? Same question goes to remainers, have you thought brexit actually might bring prosperity to the country but cant/don't want to admit it ???
I've been asked this two or three times by remainers who expect me to prostrate myself on the floor before them and beg forgiveness on the grounds that Brexit has disintegrated into an unholy mess. Whilst this is very true, I don't believe it's the fault of leavers and, more importantly, I've not heard anything from the remain camp to make me think that I was wrong to vote to leave.

Apologies to Atilla et al', keep trying chaps - I promise to keep an open mind! Indeed, I will change it if you can convince me that the fundamental principles that lead me to vote leave were either wrong in the first place or are no longer valid.
Tim.

Hi Mike,

Wow - on the face(book) of it, this is interesting. Given that - in very broad terms - Facebook attracts a younger audience (i.e. a large number of remainers) this result is most telling.

I don't think it is surprising - the MSM will have you believe that young people are mostly remainers, the MSM has an obvious bias providing a narrative that attempts to lead you down a certain path, same with the Trump narrative they provide - all bullsh1t.

Or maybe it is not young people that use facebook [anymore], it is after all a dying social platform, plenty of other competitive platforms that they use, FB might now be seen as an old persons social media platform.

What is probably true is that young people don't watch TV, like we used to, don't watch MSM and don't watch/read legacy news media, they get their news (if they seek news in the first place) from alternative sources.

Even I hardly watch TV anymore, I certainly only pay lipservice to MSM so that I can give myself a good laugh and I'm classed as middle aged, although aren't the 50's the new 20's :LOL:

Nope, it has only given me more resolve to vote leave given the underhand way the EU has behaved and that is not excusing our governments behaviour in the slightest. I would whittle a massive broom and sweep the whole lot of MPs (and civil servants, police, judiciary et al) from all parties into the gutter and replace them with people who have common sense and democracy at the forefront of their minds.

Project fear has only become more unbelievable as time has gone on, the latest laugh being a threat to sandwiches FFS.

Never had a single doubt that leaving was/is the right thing to do. No surprise there then!

I'm just waiting for May to do One of Two things. Either she does a complete u-turn on her cretinous chequers plan, or she resigns. If neither happen, then I expect the 48 letters will go in triggering a leadership election, possibly a general election. Under the right leader and with the right message, that's still an election the Tories can win.

Never had a single doubt that leaving was/is the right thing to do. No surprise there then!

I'm just waiting for May to do One of Two things. Either she does a complete u-turn on her cretinous chequers plan, or she resigns. If neither happen, then I expect the 48 letters will go in triggering a leadership election, possibly a general election. Under the right leader and with the right message, that's still an election the Tories can win.

Crucial words there CV (y)

Dream on! :)

Dream on! :)

I think I would agree, I reckon Tories are haemorrhaging voters to UKIP, For Britain and a plethora of other parties, I doubt a change of leadership will bring them back, Labour will win by default.

Welcome to more of the Orwellian Utopia.

But then again the Labour/Islam party will also be haemorrhaging voters to UKIP, For Britain and a plethora of other parties.

I think you may be forgetting the Trump clone - namely Boris.
Who has jumped ship and distanced himself from May.

The age of the El Wackos may be coming here ……..aaaaaaaaaagh

There's ether a plan to unseat her through a no confidence vote, or their giving her just enough rope to hang her self, But something is brewing their all a bit too quiet.

There's been a plan to unseat her, in some way, for months, This can't be doing the country any good. You have to do something about Brexit one way or amother.

There is a gigantic mouldy and venomous mushroom in Parliament that seems to be growing and spreading.

Eurosceptics, UKIP and now the Tories along with Labour are not manageable and verging increasingly towards extremes.

Look at Eurosceptics! Minority group, literally a thorn on Tories squeaky bums and no matter what they do they can't shake it off.

Eurosceptics or UKIP! Much the parcel of the same breed of hooligans who certainly have no respect for democracy as much as they like to shout about it. Biggest relentless Mona Liza's of all time now calling people standing up for democracy remoaners. They are the same breed much like UKIP one trick ponies all wanna do a bit of their own thing. MUKGA and that sort of thing.

Then there are True Tories and True Labour voters who are go along with what little choice they have.

To think there is a plan amongst all that rabble of sh1t heads inclusive of our leaders from all parties is a joke.

This is a collective nightmare which a minority group have taken the country. One side in the interest of the UK really have to relinquish control.

I still feel we should be either all in or all out. New election is the only way forward to bring some clarity into this mayhem.

Europe is dead right when they state, how can they deal with UK or negotiate anything when UK doesn't know what she wants.

From my perspective, UKIP and Tories have fecked up BIG time. Really really BIG TIME. These consequences will continue for decades.

Country needs a leader like Atilla imo. Heads must roll. (y)