Brexit and the Consequences

So very sad. Have to stop responding to your posts as there really is no point engaging in any debate with you. (y)

We live in a Western civil society, freedom of choice is yours to exercise as you wish, I will continue to debate where people wish to make reasonable debates and I will continue to call out facts where they need clarification, thus far you still haven't confirmed anything I have been calling out.

Research, research, research. Tough on facts, tough on the causes of facts :LOL:

Looking up for the Remainers with two of them (Theresa + Olly) now in direct charge. What piece of appeasement next - give Gibraltar back?

Gibraltar is in Europe thus European. :idea:

UK is also a part of Europe as Ireland is part of England.

You are just simply confused about your identity and sovereignty. ;)

Gibraltar is in Europe thus European. :idea:

UK is also a part of Europe as Ireland is part of England.

You are just simply confused about your identity and sovereignty. ;)

So why do the Spanish want it back? - They're not simply confused!

Coz it belongs to them. Pretty obvious to me.

You suggesting going to war over a piece of rock?

Kiss and let live is good for you? :love::love:

Atilla me old mate :) I know it's late and that you might have been having a few bevvies since I put that job offer with Vince Cable your way but:

1. Gibraltar hasn't belonged to the Spanish for over 300 years – it's ours (y)
  2. I never said anything about going to war – you obviously don't appreciate my humble and peace-loving nature.
  3. All I inferred was that the treacherous MayBot aided by Olly Sir Humprey might be tempted to pull a stunt with the Spanish - who have already secured a veto on the final withdrawal agreement if Madrid and Westminster fail to reach a deal on Gibraltar’s post-Brexit status.

Don't we just live in an era of fake news/facts/opinions/everything? :confused:

Atilla me old mate :) I know it's late and that you might have been having a few bevvies since I put that job offer with Vince Cable your way but:

1. Gibraltar hasn't belonged to the Spanish for over 300 years – it's ours (y)
  2. I never said anything about going to war – you obviously don't appreciate my humble and peace-loving nature.
  3. All I inferred was that the treacherous MayBot aided by Olly Sir Humprey might be tempted to pull a stunt with the Spanish - who have already secured a veto on the final withdrawal agreement if Madrid and Westminster fail to reach a deal on Gibraltar’s post-Brexit status.

Don't we just live in an era of fake news/facts/opinions/everything? :confused:

I think you'll fine we have already invaded Spain anyhow, as there are about 700K pensioners and civils battling for England. You could always join the fight for Gibraltar by going over there your self. Your delightful paintings would also look so much better in the natural sun light too. Just imagine :):):):)

I think you'll fine we have already invaded Spain anyhow, as there are about 700K pensioners and civils battling for England. You could always join the fight for Gibraltar by going over there your self. Your delightful paintings would also look so much better in the natural sun light too. Just imagine :):):):)

Why do you believe that Gib belongs to the Spanish?

Why do you believe that Gib belongs to the Spanish?

I don't believe that, myself, but there are reasons to believe that the Gibraltarians could not live on their own. For donkey's years, the border has been lax, with Gibs buying property in Andalucia with no problems. However, you know how it is with very small communities like this. The slightest upset between the major countries and strict border controls come into force. Passports, traffic queues, etc, etc. It is a problem for the community-as much for Spanish business as for the Gibs. When Brexit comes into force Gibraltar. as a colony, will have to decide what it wants to do. I think she wants to stay in Europe but, according to the rules, she will have to apply to join, as would Scotland and Catalunia. Guess who would veto that!

I read about this warship affair in the UK press. The Spanish don't seem too interested.The locals say, "Why don't they leave us alone? We get along fine without interference from London and Madrid"

I don't believe that, myself, but there are reasons to believe that the Gibraltarians could not live on their own. For donkey's years, the border has been lax, with Gibs buying property in Andalucia with no problems. However, you know how it is with very small communities like this. The slightest upset between the major countries and strict border controls come into force. Passports, traffic queues, etc, etc. It is a problem for the community-as much for Spanish business as for the Gibs. When Brexit comes into force Gibraltar. as a colony, will have to decide what it wants to do. I think she wants to stay in Europe but, according to the rules, she will have to apply to join, as would Scotland and Catalunia. Guess who would veto that!

I read about this warship affair in the UK press. The Spanish don't seem too interested.The locals say, "Why don't they leave us alone? We get along fine without interference from London and Madrid"

I think the answer lies partly in your last sentence, it really should be down to the citizens to decide for themselves, the controlling government (the UK) should afford the Gibraltans the opportunity to vote in a referendum (not another I hear you say) to stay part of the UK or to go with Spain, that would resolve their in/out of the EU issue, just as it has done with Scotland :cool:

Question for the remainers

Do you listen to James O'brien?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think the answer lies partly in your last sentence, it really should be down to the citizens to decide for themselves, the controlling government (the UK) should afford the Gibraltans the opportunity to vote in a referendum (not another I hear you say) to stay part of the UK or to go with Spain, that would resolve their in/out of the EU issue, just as it has done with Scotland :cool:

I did not think that that was a problem with London, but that Gibraltar did not wish to leave the British umbrella.Gib has lost its use as a military base but it is, after all, only a rock and unable to support itself as a nation.The UK is stuck with Gib and I think that she would be quite happy to let the place go now that Nukes are all the rage.

Irony

We offer £39Billion and get nothing. Trump offers a few threats and gets a deal. Draw your own conclusion!