Brexit and the Consequences

What's this I am listening to about the referendum electoral law being broken?

You trying to set the dogs loose???

Did you see John Major's precise depiction of where we are today on Andrew Marr's Sunday morning show on BBC?

I thought it was a pretty accurate and fair assessment imo. (y)

Who's John Major?
:LOL:

:LOL: Asks the man who has no idea of ignorant dignity! :LOL:

I know as I do, you are are asking tongue and cheek Tim so please do not demonstrate as I plead ignorance just like you?

To clarify from before some Brexiteers actually are ignorant but still demonstrate dignified indignity with their protests perfectly demonstrating two cheeks of their rears.

Another example is Trump's interference. When Obama said a few words and they were honest words like when negotiating with USA, that they would look for the bigger party market interest which as we all know is EU.

On the other hand Trump said we'd be first in the queue but then materialised well not really as he'd need to talk to EU first.

And then he publicly interferes in British politics at a fragile moment BS-ing what a horrendous bad deal UK is conducting with EU. All the Brexit hooligans on this thread lap it up, as if it's the 2nd coming. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Crazy stuff? (y)

Did you see John Major's precise depiction of where we are today on Andrew Marr's Sunday morning show on BBC?

I thought it was a pretty accurate and fair assessment imo. (y)

Typical Biased Broadcasting Company, just more project fear, second referendum mantra, was there anyone in favour of leaving the EU on the Marr show this morning?

:LOL: Asks the man who has no idea of ignorant dignity! :LOL:

I know as I do, you are are asking tongue and cheek Tim so please do not demonstrate as I plead ignorance just like you?

To clarify from before some Brexiteers actually are ignorant but still demonstrate dignified indignity with their protests perfectly demonstrating two cheeks of their rears.

Another example is Trump's interference. When Obama said a few words and they were honest words like when negotiating with USA, that they would look for the bigger party market interest which as we all know is EU.

On the other hand Trump said we'd be first in the queue but then materialised well not really as he'd need to talk to EU first.

And then he publicly interferes in British politics at a fragile moment BS-ing what a horrendous bad deal UK is conducting with EU. All the Brexit hooligans on this thread lap it up, as if it's the 2nd coming. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Crazy stuff? (y)

Have you noticed how the Brexit side have hardened their position since the Chequers proposal. Davis and Johnson fill the newspapers, Raab has effectively told the EU that unless they shift position and speed up trade talks, then they can whistle goodbye to the desperately needed 40Bn.

Some good news though. Olly Robbins has been given a 20k bonus for all his hard work on the whitepaper, that no one agrees with. :LOL:

. . .All the Brexit hooligans on this thread lap it up, as if it's the 2nd coming . . .
Does this include me Att'; am I a 'Brexit hooligan'? I rather like the idea of being thought of as a hooligan - much like ne'er-do-well yoof regard getting as ASBO as a badge of honour.

This is for you Att' - you'll love this - not! It's a proper interview with someone sensible: Julia Hartley-Brewer. Is there anything she says that's not bang on the money? A rhetorical question of course because the answer - quite obviously - is an emphatic 'no'!
Enjoy . . .

I see this thread has degenerated to the point that it really should be closed. Nobody is taking on board others opinions and what looks to have started as a debate has become a mud slinging match.

Nobody knows with any certainty what is going to happen. Everything up to this point have been threats, out of context facts, and finger in the air assumptions sugar coated as fact.

One thing for sure is the eu are playing a risky game that could derail their recovery. They have scope for compromise but predicate this off the UK delivering brexit in name only. I hope we have a no deal brexit and sure we will have to toughen up and reinvent ourselves, but they won't break from this with minimum consequences.

Financial services

A significant amount of financing for eu businesses is held in London including Italy and Greece. The cost of banking in Europe will have to rise because the eu doesn't have the infrastructure to simply pick it up. According to the global financial centre index, London is in the lead ahead of New York. Luxembourg is 18th and Frankfurt is 23rd. This in my opinion is the pressure valve we should be squeezing with the eu.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Never mind all the foregoing posts: May has created a lot of unity in the country - against everything she stands for :LOL:

I see this thread has degenerated to the point that it really should be closed. Nobody is taking on board others opinions and what looks to have started as a debate has become a mud slinging match. . .
Hi FXX,
I beg to differ. I regularly take on board the opinions of all the Brexiteers subscribed to this thread. If it were closed, I would be deprived of some excellent input - such as the fine post you've just made!
Tim.

Does this include me Att'; am I a 'Brexit hooligan'? I rather like the idea of being thought of as a hooligan - much like ne'er-do-well yoof regard getting as ASBO as a badge of honour.

I fall into the same category too Tim... Ive just rapped on next doors letterbox and shouted "Boris for p.m" and ran off, She's 97 but still give a good chase, I can still see her looking in the window from behind the sofa..:devilish:

Have you noticed how the Brexit side have hardened their position since the Chequers proposal. Davis and Johnson fill the newspapers, Raab has effectively told the EU that unless they shift position and speed up trade talks, then they can whistle goodbye to the desperately needed 40Bn.

Some good news though. Olly Robbins has been given a 20k bonus for all his hard work on the whitepaper, that no one agrees with. :LOL:

No not at all.

Simply that as Major pointed out Eurosceptics find them selves much like the DUP in a sort of King maker position. Due to TM's lack of majority in the numbers nothing can really be achieved of any meaningful significance with hard core Brexiteers with a few Labour MPs.

Eurosceptics always a minority in the party and country. Admitedly they have gained some ground as a consequence of Arab up rising, Syrian crises and Refugees creating a bit of a stir but really, all things considered Brexiteers like UKIP one pony tricksters taking the country up the Khyber where once all the dust settles from teh fall out we are going to be in a much more brown coloured place.

This is clear to most people or becoming clear-er by the day.

I agree Governments solution is pile of crap. Really is. Wasn't expecting anything else as what the British Government or rather Brexiteers want can not be delivered.

If UK not willing to pay divorce bill then there will be no Transition period and the pain of exit will be considerably greater along with uncertainty, loss of income with rise in a potential hard crash.

You guys laugh now your time is approaching soon enough. :whistling

I see this thread has degenerated to the point that it really should be closed. Nobody is taking on board others opinions and what looks to have started as a debate has become a mud slinging match.

Nobody knows with any certainty what is going to happen. Everything up to this point have been threats, out of context facts, and finger in the air assumptions sugar coated as fact.

One thing for sure is the eu are playing a risky game that could derail their recovery. They have scope for compromise but predicate this off the UK delivering brexit in name only. I hope we have a no deal brexit and sure we will have to toughen up and reinvent ourselves, but they won't break from this with minimum consequences.

Financial services

A significant amount of financing for eu businesses is held in London including Italy and Greece. The cost of banking in Europe will have to rise because the eu doesn't have the infrastructure to simply pick it up. According to the global financial centre index, London is in the lead ahead of New York. Luxembourg is 18th and Frankfurt is 23rd. This in my opinion is the pressure valve we should be squeezing with the eu.

You need not worry about past deals.

It's future business that's the issue and where it will relocate too. Even there the issue is not where it will relocate too but fact that along with pharmacuticals, motor and finance, good many companies will leave the UK.

So when you say we can reinvent our selves and toughen up, can you provide some ideas as to what how where when?

This is for you Att' - you'll love this - not! It's a proper interview with someone sensible: Julia Hartley-Brewer. Is there anything she says that's not bang on the money? A rhetorical question of course because the answer - quite obviously - is an emphatic 'no'!
Enjoy . . .

Watched 6 minutes and got tired of her dribble.

For example she's talking about us governing our selves again! As if we aren't at the moment. Sovereignty that is the question.

Elected tories doing great job of governing us. Ofcourse if only Brexiteers were in charge life would be so much better and we can go into the sunset to brake a super deal on trade agreement with the EU and make new ones with rest of the World. Considering China, India, Japan and USA have already given negative signals it's going to be a tough act to follow sugar coated words with real delivery.

And then same old peeps on this thread pipe up about not having facts or real stuff to go on.

To show you I have listened and where I do agree - when she says UK doesn't need low skilled migrant labour I agree. Point received loud and clear. However, to work through that we need British labour to step up to the mark. We need training. We need nurses. We need agricultural workers. We need engineers and metal sheet workers. We need decent builders with skills.

Talk is cheap. She can talk the hind legs of a donkey. Referring to Remoaners and having a party of national unity comprised of all parties. How is that possible? Good idea but a very daft idea in reality. She may be referring to a free vote which Brexiteers are against as they don't understand how referendum or Parliament works.

You need not worry about past deals.

It's future business that's the issue and where it will relocate too. Even there the issue is not where it will relocate too but fact that along with pharmacuticals, motor and finance, good many companies will leave the UK.

So when you say we can reinvent our selves and toughen up, can you provide some ideas as to what how where when?

Can you provide details of companies leaving the UK and not just threatening or like some cases, planned this before brexit?

By toughening up I mean we bits are for the most part lazy when compared to other countries. This laziness is going to be slapped out of us through brexit and this is a good thing. We have lost our mojo. As for ideas I think we should invest heavily in engineering, design and entrepreneurship in the tech space and we should prevent that IP from being bought out but provide incentives to balance it out.

We should also start our own sovereign wealth fund.

Can you provide details of companies leaving the UK and not just threatening or like some cases, planned this before brexit?

By toughening up I mean we bits are for the most part lazy when compared to other countries. This laziness is going to be slapped out of us through brexit and this is a good thing. We have lost our mojo. As for ideas I think we should invest heavily in engineering, design and entrepreneurship in the tech space and we should prevent that IP from being bought out but provide incentives to balance it out.

We should also start our own sovereign wealth fund.

EMA and EBA have already left. That's a fact.

Motor industry case in point. Government will not tell us what they've agreed. Japan has written a letter to UK Gov about their expectations and wants. That's a fact.

Airbus have issued a public warning it could leave. That's a fact. Whether peeps wish to debate 'could' or whether it's an empty threat is up in the air. The point remains why would these companies give these warnings?

Both Morgan Stanley and Goldman have rented spaces in Frankfurt and Paris. Fact.

Deutsche Bank moving most of business from London to Frankfurt fact.

Pharma industry in similar situ not full announcements but work in progress and indications are 45% of operations likely to follow EMA to EU.

Agree about getting lazy long termed unemployed back to work but you know it's about material. Some materials no matter what training or effort you put into it can not be moulded into desired product. UK productivity all ready at a low and major concern. All this will simply eat into productivity, raise wages and reduce UK product competitiveness.

Just don't see the case for Brexit being made other than fancy words. It's like an 8 year old stating one day he is going to be an Olympic champion whilst not putting any effort into training but drinking cola, eating crisps and playing xbox in their bedrooms financed by DSS.

I'm afraid your facts are worthless:

EMA still in London according to their own website http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index....ment_listing/document_listing_000426.jsp&mid=

Likewise EBA: https://www.eba.europa.eu/contacts

Motor industry case in point. Government will not tell us what they've agreed. Japan has written a letter to UK Gov about their expectations and wants. That's a fact.

Airbus have issued a public warning it could leave. That's a fact. Whether peeps wish to debate 'could' or whether it's an empty threat is up in the air. The point remains why would these companies give these warnings?

Both Morgan Stanley and Goldman have rented spaces in Frankfurt and Paris. Fact.

Pharma industry in similar situ not full announcements but work in progress and indications are 45% of operations likely to follow EMA to EU.

I'm sure FXX was asking for further clarification rather than continued unfounded speculation and remainer BS!

But I know, from experience you can never provide anything factual to back up your assertions, I know, I've tried.

Agree about getting lazy long termed unemployed back to work but you know it's about material. Some materials no matter what training or effort you put into it can not be moulded into desired product. UK productivity all ready at a low and major concern. All this will simply eat into productivity, raise wages and reduce UK product competitiveness.

Just don't see the case for Brexit being made other than fancy words. It's like an 8 year old stating one day he is going to be an Olympic champion whilst not putting any effort into training but drinking cola, eating crisps and playing xbox in their bedrooms financed by DSS.

DSS? What decade are we in, that changed to DWP about 20 years ago :sleep::rolleyes:

Ema and eba are eu agencies so they don't count because it was obvious they would leave.

The motor industry letters and concerns with letters to the government isn't representative of leaving. It's scaremongering without any substance. Have they moved a single job yet? Nope

Airbus is threatening to leave the UK but their reasoning is baseless because there is no tariffs on aviation parts. They have stated the event of not having a transitory arrangement because they fear disruptions through bottlenecks at ports. The threat has yet to be met with any tangible evidence of them shifting to the eu.

Both Morgan Stanley and goldman like other UK investment banks have had to move a very small portioof their workforce to the eu. They all initially said tens of thousands but late last year it surfaced that it was a few hundred.

Deutsche Bank Sees Brexit Moves in Hundreds, Not Thousands (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ndreds-of-staff-in-brexit-hoops-says-jciztky1)

Despite the future uncertainty of Brexit, pharmaceutical industry continues to invest in UK R&D (https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...al-industry-continues-to-invest-in-UK-RD.aspx)

Threats and propaganda around brexit are as far as I can see nothing more than hot air.

Last edited: